Author Topic: Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXXIII  (Read 25805 times)

Offline 6ruoge4

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXXIII
« Reply #195 on: January 07, 2024, 02:47:49 PM »
Well done Challa, thanks again to Meepledrone!!

6ruoge4

Offline jroznai

• Vagabond
  • Meeples!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 07, 2024, 05:35:13 PM »
Well done, Challa! You performed admirably!  I applaud your skills!

For my part, I did not do as well as I thought I did. I already realize a few of my careless mistakes, but I still need to review some of my errors to learn how I went wrong.

Thank you, Meepledrone, for a spectacular experience. The puzzles were indeed challenging, and I discovered many new major and mini expansions--new to me anyway--and look forward to acquiring some of them, where possible.

Joe
Joe

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2024, 10:25:20 AM »
Congratulations all participants, specially @Challa007

This year it looks like simple quizz...

But it wasn't.

Next quizz will be WiCa my friend and I will consult with her/him every question, doesn't matter if I play or not that expansions.

Well designed questions @Meepledrone which where simple, but they used edge cases of each expansions. Which was BIG fun.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2024, 03:11:49 PM »
Thank you everyone!

I hope you enjoyed this quiz as much as...

:black1-meeple: :blue-meeple: :green-meeple: :red-meeple: :gray-meeple: :violet-meeple: :pink-meeple: :orange-meeple: :white-meeple: :brown-meeple: :neutral-meeple: :yellow-meeple: Happy times! :black1-meeple: :blue-meeple: :green-meeple: :red-meeple: :gray-meeple: :violet-meeple: :pink-meeple: :orange-meeple: :white-meeple: :brown-meeple: :neutral-meeple: :yellow-meeple: Happy times! :black1-meeple: :blue-meeple: :green-meeple: :red-meeple: :gray-meeple: :violet-meeple: :pink-meeple: :orange-meeple: :white-meeple: :brown-meeple: :neutral-meeple: :yellow-meeple:

....The Grinch doing all the tampering with the initial set of vanilla questions and spicing them up several notches up.

:black1-meeple: :blue-meeple: :green-meeple: :red-meeple: :gray-meeple: :violet-meeple: :pink-meeple: :orange-meeple: :white-meeple: :brown-meeple: :neutral-meeple: :yellow-meeple: Evil deeds!!!! :black1-meeple: :blue-meeple: :green-meeple: :red-meeple: :gray-meeple: :violet-meeple: :pink-meeple: :orange-meeple: :white-meeple: :brown-meeple: :neutral-meeple: :yellow-meeple: Mwahahaha! :black1-meeple: :blue-meeple: :green-meeple: :red-meeple: :gray-meeple: :violet-meeple: :pink-meeple: :orange-meeple: :white-meeple: :brown-meeple: :neutral-meeple: :yellow-meeple:

Sorry if I couldn't stop him early in the process. :'(

- The Grinch: This is the last time I will let you make any declarations unsupervised!
- Meepledrone: Ohhhh, Your Meepleness!!! It wasn't my faintest intention... :'(
- Meepledrone: (bowing) How can I repay Your Emminence?
- Meepledrone: May I fall flat and play farmer in an empty field for Your sole amusement?
- The Grinch: Sounds delightfull!!! And singing non-stop!
- Meepledrone: (muffled) Mfhfhhmmfhh! Mfhfhhmmfhh! Mfhfhhmmfhh!...
- The Grinch: Keep going! Keep going!!!
- The Grinch: (to himself) Eleven months like this torture will drive the rest of the Meeple Council crazy.
- The Grinch: I'll some work for you aftwerwards... >:D
- Meepledrone: (muffled) Mfhfhhmmfhh! Mfhfhhmmfhh! Mfhfhhmmfhh!...
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Death Meeple

• Freeman
  • Merit: 2
  • More tiles, more style!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 09, 2024, 12:20:25 AM »
Congratulations @Challa007 !

Well, for a first time, I guess position 10 is not too bad for me!
I expected better, and could have done better (some silly mistakes should have been avoided !), but still, I’ve learned things about rules interactions and I like the way @Meepledrone  places the situation to calculate score, this makes it clear to calculate while I was more chaotic when preparing my answers :)
I’m glad I got it correct for question 8, that one really gave me a headache… and still does now I read the full explanation ! :D

Question 8.5 : noooo I ha dit all correct but considered a sheep was worth 2 (instead of 2 being the token value), how terrible… It took me ages to figure out the code :(

I'm already excited for next year quizz! :D

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
  • Merit: 34
  • Fight, Flight, Freeze ..... or Play :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 09, 2024, 06:24:47 AM »
I thought some of you might be interested in this:

This is the 3rd time I participated in the quizz.  :D My first year was a "carnage", (I made a lot of sometimes silly mistakes). It was a real bad wake up call that these questions seem so innocent but are brutally difficult.  >:D So I made a promise to myself to learn from my mistakes and to never make the same mistakes again.  C:-) So each year I refine my strategy for the next year.

Here is my strategy for 2024 which already includes the lessons learned from this year’s mistakes:

1) look at every tile and every meeple/figure individually and write down everything I see:
- which expansion?
- inns, vineyards, pig herds, group of travelers, pigsy, little highwaymen, ...
- what kind of different meeples are there? Normal meeples, mayor, …
In some cases (Grinch questions) I even print the game-situation so that I can make checkmarks on the impression.

2) open simultaneously the WICA page for EVERY expansion involved in the question (even if I am SURE that I know the rules!!) and read every WICA page from A to Z including ALL the footnotes (Meepledrone mostly takes edge cases which are only mentioned in the footnotes!!). Complete my notes under 1) by writing down the particularities of each expansion in combination with the elements already noted under 1)

3) read my notes from the previous year’s quizzes and what I did wrong.

4) with all this knowledge: write the answers to the questions, if necessary go back and forth between WICA pages or even consult rules explanations in the CarcC Forum (this might be necessary for recent published expansions - like The Drawbridges this year)

5) go to WICA Reference Guides (Tools) and select the appropriate Scoring Guide (During your turn / after the game) and cross-check my results

6) go back to my initial list of notes 1) and check if I included every detail in my answer

7) send my answer to Meepledrone

8 ) re-check my answers for all questions a few days before the final deadline for submission and send a correction if necessary

9) after the results are published, make notes of what I did wrong so that I will not do it again

* Number 6 is new from this year (would have prevented at least 1 mistake)
* Number 5 was there before but I did not use it very often this year which is a pity because I am sure it would have prevented one or two mistakes
* Number 8 was there from the beginning but frankly, I never took the time to re-check everything. Every year it’s the same: I am too lazy after Christmas … :D

But even all this is no guarantee to get it right  :D Some questions are so wildly complicated that my brain gets confused and here even WICA does not help.....  >:D

Offline MMike

• Vassal
  • Merit: 24
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 09, 2024, 02:58:46 PM »
Congrats @Challa007 !

@Meepledrone thanks for making these every year! :D (+1 merit!)
:neutral-meeple: My Carcassonne crafts on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mp.works/ :neutral-meeple:

Offline P-Chilton

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2024, 08:30:16 AM »
Thanks for doing all of this work for us @Meepledrone and congratulations @Challa007 ! Guess this gives me an excuse to buy some missing expansions so I'm more familiar with the rules next time  ;D

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 22, 2024, 05:05:11 AM »
As you know, I get a set of custom meeples for winning the Advent Quizz.  :D Thanks again @Meepledrone for this very special gift!  :(y)

I wanted these custom meeples to benefit the whole community, so I created a very special design (with the precious help of Meepledrone).  :neutral-meeple:

The custom meeples will in fact be a special figure to be used in the first second ever fan-expansion for Mists over Carcassonne (for both standalone game and expansion 11)

A little hint:
the expansion is about protection against ghosts.....
sounds familiar? -> check "hospitals against the plague"
With all this said: who can guess the name of the special figure?

>:D   >:D   >:D 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 12:45:56 AM by Challa007, Reason: I am so sorry I missed it, Ker42! the first fan-expansion is obviously this one: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5205.msg88973#msg88973 »

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2024, 03:15:00 PM »
Ghostbusters?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 23, 2024, 05:40:59 AM »
 :-X

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 24, 2024, 03:47:00 AM »
 :-X

(me too  :D - at least in this thread ...
I have opened a new one here: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6575.msg94207#msg94207 )

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXXII coming soon...

Started by Meepledrone

7 Replies
Last post November 14, 2022, 01:44:55 AM
by Challa007
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXXI

Started by Meepledrone

223 Replies
Last post April 11, 2022, 02:20:34 PM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXVI