Author Topic: New Carcassonne box out in Germany - including new version of "Die Katharer"  (Read 58922 times)

Offline wicke

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 11
  • The Vikings will invade the South Seas
    • View Profile
    • Patrik's Page
Re: New Carcassonne box out in Germany - including new version of "Die Katharer"
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2013, 11:49:29 PM »
Is it possible to get this anywhere, and to pay through PayPal ?
My website:
http://www.wikstromtree.org/
although the games page is yet to be started

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
Kettlefish mentioned in another thread that the six Belagerer tiles will eventually be available from Cundco, so now I'm not sure if I'm still in on this.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
Re: New Carcassonne box out in Germany - including new version of "Die Katharer"
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2013, 10:00:36 AM »
Not only is the artwork different from Siege, but most of the tile configurations too. I only see one that is the same configuration (CCRR).

Different configurations + tin box = me interested, but if I'm doing this I want to pay via Paypal. Kettlefish makes me pay via wire transfer which cost me an extra $10 in transaction fees.

I agree. I'd like a copy of the set, especially if it has a tin. But I'm against high additional charges, especially transaction fees. Shipping is high enough.

Nice discovery with the tiles being different. I was going to check that but didn't find the time.

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2013, 10:18:19 AM »
I was kind of assuming they'd be different being that there were six of them.  Looking them over, they looked a little different. 

Not sure how I'd feel about a game with 10 (or 14) Cather/Siege tiles though.  It would be hard to have any full value cities at all and be a big boost to all farmers.  I think it would be akin to playing with all 12 Crop Circle tiles.  I guess if they game was big enough, it would be a little better.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:20:10 AM by CKorfmann »
Flee the fleas.

Offline Svartisen

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2013, 11:31:17 AM »
Hi,

I'm glad that new and bigger Cathars expansion is out. It's one of my favorite. Too bad that you have to buy the whole game and (again) the King and Count expansions, but the tin box is tempting. Does someone from Germany know how to buy it online? I couldn't find it on Mueller's site. Since I'm from EU as well, sending costs won't be so high for me.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. We have the most frustrating CAPTCHAs I've ever seen here on CC  ;D

Meeples to meeples, tiles to tiles...

Offline AlbinoAsian

• Count
  • Merit: 19
  • Living like a meeple
    • View Profile

Indeed they are ... But as far as I understand they will disappear once you've posted a certain amount of posts.

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2013, 07:37:51 PM »
Does someone from Germany know how to buy it online?

Welcome Svartisen! Glad you made it through registration gauntlet  :D

I too would like to know if it's available anywhere online?
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline Hylian87

• Villein
  • The King is dead, long live the King!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2013, 11:40:38 PM »
Unfortunately it's not availble online anywhere. Mueller do have an online shop but it's only for ordering photos or photo-books.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2013, 01:51:12 AM »
Hi Svartisen,
this Captcha is only for the first post or so.
After that post then all following posts are easy.
Nice to see you again.

Greetings
kettlefish

Offline Svartisen

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2013, 02:16:46 AM »
Unfortunately it's not availble online anywhere. Mueller do have an online shop but it's only for ordering photos or photo-books.

Ouch! That's mean. So the only way to get it, is to visit a Mueller's store that still has it or have someone to buy it for you. Right now we're not sure if HiG will ever re-release the new tiles later and make them available at their online shop.

@KettleFish & the others: thanks for the captcha explanation.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2013, 02:29:28 AM »

Ouch! That's mean. So the only way to get it, is to visit a Mueller's store that still has it or have someone to buy it for you. Right now we're not sure if HiG will ever re-release the new tiles later and make them available at their online shop.

@KettleFish & the others: thanks for the captcha explanation.
That's right Mueller is more a supermarket and really not an online store.
Even in my region of Germany we don't have much Mueller supermarkets.

But HiG / CundCo Shop will re-release the 6 tiles - but we don't know when.
Later - perhaps in a year - but they really don't say never.

Offline meepleater

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2013, 04:58:42 AM »
I'm still not sure whether to try and buy this- even if Cundco does publish them later, the tin box would be nice (I store all the tiles in the cardboard box and it is starting to weaken with the weight), as well as the spare tiles (I have very few).

What are the arrangements, if people don't mind me asking, for organising a deal with members from Germany to have the box shipped overseas?

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2013, 05:20:13 AM »
This box is more created for Carc beginners.
HiG like to have here and there some new Carc fans.

In Germany starts the new school year in Juli / August / September (it is different in each part of our country). And the box could be a great gift for relatives for the new school child.

Such things you can find here in Germany each year (it is not only the first special - I mean that is it what you can find also with DVD's, books and many others).
----------------------------------
The price of the box is 24,99 EUR. Shipping is quite different. I don't know the weight of the box.
But if the box has more than 1000 grams - than the shipping might be more than 16-18 EUR. And I don't know if the tin box might costs some extra duty in your own country.

Offline Svartisen

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2013, 08:10:55 AM »
I'm still not sure whether to try and buy this- even if Cundco does publish them later, the tin box would be nice (I store all the tiles in the cardboard box and it is starting to weaken with the weight), as well as the spare tiles (I have very few).

Same here. A tin box would be a more time-proof storage solution for my tiles. And I don't mind having some spares either.

@Kettlefish: it was surprising to find that that the school begins differently in different lands. As for the exclusive versions of games and other stuff, or even HiG's policy, the Germans do know how to make the economy spin.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2013, 01:07:51 AM »
Personally I don't mind having to buy multiple copies of certain things (i.e. the basic 72 tiles) in order to get hold of specific expansions every now and again. It's not ideal, but I can put up with it as long as what I want is actually available to me.

I do find it more than a little frustrating though when new expansions are released in a very limited way such as this. I think that HiG do a good job but since they're in control of who's allowed to release what, could they not have stipulated that this special new boxset could only be produced as long as x thousand copies of it were also available online to those not living in Germany and then tipped us off beforehand? I'd certainly feel like my loyalty had been rewarded if this was the case! As it is, my overwhelming feeling is that they're not really considering their international fans in the same way as they do their more local customers.

It sounds like Die Belagerer will probably become available via Cundco at some point but whether we'll have to wait months or even years for this remains to be seen. And what will happen in the meantime is that those who can buy the game will be buying it up and selling it on eBay for increasingly ridiculous prices while there's demand. I'd rather my money was going to HiG than some guy on eBay but I do feel kind of forced into this position at present.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
A copy of "Die Belagerer" for either "Die Katharer" or "Die Kornkreise I"

Started by Hylian87

3 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 03:04:52 PM
by Hylian87
xx
Die Katharer / Die Belagerer - The Rules

Started by kettlefish

8 Replies
Last post December 03, 2013, 08:09:41 PM