Author Topic: Carcassonne on TableTop  (Read 19678 times)

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
Re: Carcassonne on TableTop
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 07:10:47 PM »
As is the custom, the week after an episode airs, they make the gag reel available:

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 11:46:27 AM »
I just watched the video.  I was really surprised at how bad Wil was at the game considering how often he claims to have played it.  I agree that he gave some really bad advice, missed some really obvious tile placements, and I laughed that he was so concerned about "missplacing" that tile at the end and missing out on 9 points.  Did he never realize he still got 8 of those points?  Final scoring was a mess.  The scores were so low.... One of us should have been there. 
Flee the fleas.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 11:59:58 AM »
Some of the comments at youtube stated that the two tile city scores only 2 points like Wil liked to score for the finished city of Nika (mm:ss 11:07)

But that is an old rule.

The actual rule is 2 points for each tile with city segements - two tile city scores 4 points.

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 06:02:41 PM »
There are many Carcassonne players who have not heard about 3rd edition farm scoring yet.

I would have expected somebody from Z-Man to go down there, but perhaps not. I would have gladly gone down there; it's a shorter flight for me, and I had enough vacation days available.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 02:40:41 AM »
I've only just watched this but there were two things that stood out for me.

Firstly was how annoyed Wil was with himself for not completing his cloister when he had the opportunity to do so. Sure enough he could have scored it and got a Meeple back but unless he desperately needed the extra Meeple (which he didn't) this placement was only worth 1 point. His actual placement was far better as it won him 4 points for the city plus an extra 3 points as it was on his farm.

Secondly was his final tile which he used to claim a short road. If he'd claimed the farm instead of the road he could have won himself 6 points rather than 3.

With regards to the final scoring, it sounds as though the majority of his Carcassonne experience comes from the iOS app so he probably isn't used to working out the final scores himself. As such, removing Meeples as they're scored probably didn't occur to him.

Overall I'd say that whilst it's often difficult to predict how a four-player game is going to go (particularly if it's a short game) I'm pretty confident that I'd smash his "unbeatable" reputation if Wil and I played head to head...

Offline CARC_Zoner

• Authors
  • Nobleman
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 07:08:46 AM »
Was really entertained to see our favourite game featured on the show.  It is always interesting to watch new players figure out the rules.  Liked how everyone keyed on how it is impossible to determine a winner after the last tile - final scoring is where the suspense happens!  Hopefully this exposure will boost interest and sales, so the fun can keep going on and on and on.... :-)

CARC_Zoner
I'm having meeple management issues...

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2014, 12:40:25 PM »
Brandon Routh, known for Superman Returns and starred in the TV series of Chuck (season 3 and after) mentions Carcassonne as a game he plays.

I guess I'm a fan, for lack of better word.  8)

:meeple:
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
"Scottish Championships" Tournament at Tabletop Scotland

Started by TabletopScot

6 Replies
Last post July 26, 2018, 11:56:01 AM
by TabletopScot
clip
TableTop day 2016

Started by Paul

4 Replies
Last post May 02, 2016, 11:01:45 AM