Author Topic: Getting a response from Cundco after DHL lost my package  (Read 1551 times)

Offline cgschwarz7

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Getting a response from Cundco after DHL lost my package
« on: January 20, 2020, 10:04:35 AM »
Dear Carcasonne fans,

I placed my first order with Cundo on Dec 4 (paid 30 euro for shipping to USA), ordering all the Carc 2 expansions that are not available in the US. DHL tracking for my package has not updated since Dec 16, when they said "The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization." There is a tracking number for USA postal service, but this is also in "Pre-Shipment" as they have not received it from DHL. I've emailed Cundco once on Jan 3 and again on Jan 12, but did not receive any response except for the automated "thanks for your e-mail; we will respond in a few days" message. From DHL's policy, the next thing to do is to open an enquiry with them (DHL) so they can find the lost package, but the seller (Cundco) must do this; they refuse to do it for the buyer's request. I have also called Cundco's service telephone several times but it goes straight to a recording that says to e-mail instead.

Has anyone ever had a simliar situation with Cundco? Do you have any advice for how I can get them to respond and take action?

Thank you for any advice!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4477.0
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 10:09:13 AM by cgschwarz7 »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Getting a response from Cundco after DHL lost my package
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 11:28:47 AM »
Hi cgschwarz7,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your order. This Christmas season caught HiG off guard with many employees on sick leave. As a result of this in addition to the proper vacations of their staff, they are responding slower than usual to their service account .

I had an issue with an order to Cundco a couple of months ago when the sent me half the order forgetting about all the Maps and some expansions I had order. I contacted them by email and I got the rest of the order without any further issues... I just had to wait for the second part of my order. So IMHO the bottomline is that they are always willing to help.

Regarding delivery times, I got a similar version of your issue (but the other way around across the Atlantic Ocean) with an order to Meeplesource I submitted on November 26th 2019. I received it on January 18th 2020... It was stuck at Customs in Spain since December 7th 2019 as per the international tracking. I even received another order from MeepleSource on January 2nd 2020 that I had submitted later on December 12th 2019... So deliveries are behaving randomly during this last month.

So I hope it is just a delay due to the overwhelming number of packages sent during the Christmas season. In any case, contacting Cundco may help you if they have more info about the order tracking or at least to explore other options with them. It is better than just sitting tight waiting for your order.

Good luck in any case! 
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline cgschwarz7

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 06:24:08 PM »
I was surprised to find my package arrived today, Jan 21. The tracking numbers suddenly updated with the package in Minneapolis. Apparently all I needed to do to get things moving was to complain publically  ;). I'll reply back to CundCo and let them know. Thanks Meepledrone for your advice!

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 09:20:07 AM »
Any time!

I'm glad it was just a delay. After all you had a happy ending.  ^-^

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Response to questions related to Condensed rules

Started by Meepledrone

5 Replies
Last post May 05, 2019, 04:08:17 PM
by Meepledrone
clip
Carcassonne Maps: Ukraine will be sold at Essen and Cundco after that

Started by Willem

63 Replies
Last post December 25, 2022, 11:55:05 AM