Author Topic: Weekly Online Game  (Read 241634 times)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Re: Weekly Online Game
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 08:19:58 AM »
I think a fun general rule could be to try to use the expansion that includes that week's Element of the Week, so we can put into practice some things we might have learned. So, that would be King and Robber Baron for this week.

I'm always keen for Traders & Builders, and I know you always want the Phantom, so we're building up something here.

I've never actually played any of the other ones you mentioned. I will hopefully get a copy of The Besiegers soon when it becomes available on Cundco, so if it's OK I'd rather wait until I see the real tiles before playing with it online.

Beyond that, maybe we should see if anyone else will join in before making a final decision - just to see how many players there are (and how many tiles we might want to use as a result) and what expansions the other players are interested in.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2014, 08:25:39 AM »
I think a fun general rule could be to try to use the expansion that includes that week's Element of the Week, so we can put into practice some things we might have learned. So, that would be King and Robber Baron for this week.

I'm always keen for Traders & Builders, and I know you always want the Phantom, so we're building up something here.

I've never actually played any of the other ones you mentioned. I will hopefully get a copy of The Besiegers soon when it becomes available on Cundco, so if it's OK I'd rather wait until I see the real tiles before playing with it online.

Beyond that, maybe we should see if anyone else will join in before making a final decision - just to see how many players there are (and how many tiles we might want to use as a result) and what expansions the other players are interested in.

All very sensible suggestions.  :(y)

Will sit tight and see who else is playing before making any decisions.  :)

Offline B1nder

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2014, 12:31:22 PM »
Hi!

This is exactly the kind of iniativ I was looking for when joining this community, thanks Jungleboy, and I really want to join your weekly games:-) If I undersatand it right, the next game will be on thursday at 21:30 CET. Am I right?

I'm looking foreward to play some games, and for me, I like all the expansions, so doesn't really matters wich ones we pic.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2014, 01:35:11 PM »
Hi there, welcome to the forums! Yes, 21:30 CET on Thursday is the next game and we would love to have you join us. We are going to try to play at this time every week, so people know there will always be a game to join. Not everyone will be able to make it each week but hopefully we will always have enough players for a game.

We also have a chat room where we gather 5-10 minutes before the game so we know who is playing and how to connect. The chat room is at:
http://sydby.com/carcassonne/irc/index.html

We are using the latest version of J Cloister Zone (3.0.1), which you can download here if you don't have it:
http://jcloisterzone.com/en/

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2014, 02:55:35 PM »
Welcome B1nder! It's good to have you with us.  :(y)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2014, 07:51:39 AM »
A reminder that there will be a game tonight using J Cloister Zone at 21:30 CET. So far the players are me, danisthirty and B1nder. If anyone else wishes to play, please respond in this thread and/or go to the chat room 5-10 minutes before the game here: http://sydby.com/carcassonne/irc/index.html

Expansions to be used tonight are the King and Robber Baron, Traders and Builders, the Phantom, and what else? The Tower? German Monasteries?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2014, 08:20:17 AM »
Expansions to be used tonight are the King and Robber Baron, Traders and Builders, the Phantom, and what else? The Tower? German Monasteries?

- King and Robber Baron  :)
- Traders and Builders  :D
- The Phantom  ;D
- The Tower  >:(
- German Monasteries  :-[ (I don't know how to play this)

- The Fliers?  O:-) (could make things quite interesting/ fun for a friendly game)

If the tile count is too low I don't mind including The Tower but I reserve the right to never speak to anyone on here ever again afterwards...

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2014, 08:36:44 AM »
OK, let's leave out the Tower. (For now. I love the Tower so it will have to make an appearance at some point in the Thursday game!)

The German Monasteries are very simple. If you draw a German monastery, you can either place a monk as per usual or you can place an abbot (the meeple on its side). If you place an abbot, it stays there until the end of the game (unless there are dragons/towers/plagues). At the end of the game, you score one point for each tile that spreads out from the monastery in the four orthogonal directions. If there is a gap in the sequence of tiles, you don't score any points beyond the gap.

I have never played the Flier but it seems simple as well so let's include it. What about one more small one - the Cathars? And what about a River?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2014, 09:01:20 AM »
OK, let's leave out the Tower. (For now. I love the Tower so it will have to make an appearance at some point in the Thursday game!)

Hey, if you're a fan of it let's include it. I'd hate to think that my dislike of any individual expansions was spoiling everyone else's fun!

The German Monasteries are very simple. If you draw a German monastery, you can either place a monk as per usual or you can place an abbot (the meeple on its side). If you place an abbot, it stays there until the end of the game (unless there are dragons/towers/plagues). At the end of the game, you score one point for each tile that spreads out from the monastery in the four orthogonal directions. If there is a gap in the sequence of tiles, you don't score any points beyond the gap.

So if my cloister in the photo below (west) was a German monastery and my monk (blue) was an abbot, he would be worth... 7 points?

I have never played the Flier but it seems simple as well so let's include it. What about one more small one - the Cathars? And what about a River?

Yeah, the thing I like about The Fliers is that the way you orientate the tile determines which direction you can fly off in. Once you've placed it, you click on the arrow on the tile to send off a flier and it roles the dice (1, 2 or 3). You must then deploy a meeple on any incomplete feature on the tile 1, 2 or 3 tiles (depending on the "dice role") away from the tile you just placed (in the direction of the arrow). It doesn't matter if the feature is already claimed, so you could even fly your double meeple onto another players German monastery and steal all their points (probably). How this would work with the tower I don't know, perhaps you'd have the choice which meeple to capture.

Cathars is good with me.  :(y)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 01:38:35 PM by danisthirty »

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2014, 10:10:56 AM »
Yes, your German monastery would be worth seven points at the moment but probably quite a bit more at the end of the game. It's not uncommon to score 20+ points with it if it's well-placed.

Let's leave out the Tower. We have a bit of a bizarre combination of expansions as it is and using the Tower with all of these might destroy JCZ! When we get MrNumbers back we can have a nice friendly game of kidnapping :)

So currently we're looking at:
King and Robber Baron
Traders & Builders
Phantom
Flier
German Monasteries
Cathars

Should we add GQ11 and/or a River for some more tiles?

Offline B1nder

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2014, 11:03:09 AM »
Yes, I think we can add both the GQ11 and a River for more tiles :-)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2014, 11:08:28 AM »
Ok then. River 2?

Offline B1nder

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2014, 11:11:10 AM »
Sounds good to me :)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2014, 12:28:09 PM »
3-minute warning for anyone else wanting to join in!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2014, 12:42:53 PM »
I think we may have crashed... :(

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Computer game or online

Started by Gordie_a

11 Replies
Last post October 29, 2013, 05:32:03 AM
by Paul
clip
JCZ 3.1.1 Online Game Error Report

Started by rfielder

7 Replies
Last post March 09, 2015, 05:24:46 PM