Author Topic: JCZ 3.1 Enhancement Requests  (Read 8102 times)

Offline rfielder

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • Carcassonne Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Cool Country Nights
JCZ 3.1 Enhancement Requests
« on: February 25, 2015, 01:31:04 PM »
One of the controls listed is to use the middle mouse button (wheel?) to centre the board.

Can I request that there be a key assigned to this as well?  Using the middle mouse button does not work on any of the PCs I am using.  Perhaps the "C" key?

A second request - can the help screen be updated to include all keys?  It is missing the Ctrl-Z for Undo.  It may be missing others, I have not looked real close.

Thanks!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1562.0
Robert Fielder
Brampton, Ontario, Canada  EST

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: JCZ 3.1 Enhancement Requests
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 02:11:18 AM »
What I would really like would be the option, to flip the board in 90°. Sometimes games expands rather vertically than horizontally, and than it would come handy to do so, so you do not need to zoom out that much.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 03:56:12 AM »
What I would really like would be the option, to flip the board in 90°. Sometimes games expands rather vertically than horizontally, and than it would come handy to do so, so you do not need to zoom out that much.

+1 :(y)
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 05:03:43 AM »
+2. I only have an 11-inch screen!

Offline rfielder

• Marquis
  • Carcassonne Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Cool Country Nights
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 05:59:02 AM »
Houw about an auto-resize button, that will zoom to the optimum magnification to show all the board, plus centre the board?

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 09:13:40 PM »
I really would love to have the possibility to lock a game with a password. The last times when I wanted to play a private game with a friend of mine, there was always someone that wanted to take part by force. However, we didn't want to play with another person but couldn't do anything against the "gatecrasher". So we started to put all the other colours on "computer player" in order that he couldn't join the game and to give him the message "we don't want to play with you". Well, the person today got upset about that method and started the game while we wanted to set up the expansions. So we had to leave the "rotten" game, delete it, start a new one, set up the expansions and in the meantime he started the game again. And again we had to leave the game, delete it, start a new one, and so on. This happened a dozen of times. In the end we were quite desperate about not being able to play in peace, but at a certain point he gave up. Finally.

This is something really annoying, so I thought that there should be a possibility to start a game that I can lock with a password and people can only enter the "closed game" if they know the password.

I don't know, did that happen to someone else too?
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 12:30:38 AM »

I really would love to have the possibility to lock a game with a password. The last times when I wanted to play a private game with a friend of mine, there was always someone that wanted to take part by force. However, we didn't want to play with another person but couldn't do anything against the "gatecrasher". So we started to put all the other colours on "computer player" in order that he couldn't join the game and to give him the message "we don't want to play with you". Well, the person today got upset about that method and started the game while we wanted to set up the expansions. So we had to leave the "rotten" game, delete it, start a new one, set up the expansions and in the meantime he started the game again. And again we had to leave the game, delete it, start a new one, and so on. This happened a dozen of times. In the end we were quite desperate about not being able to play in peace, but at a certain point he gave up. Finally.

This is something really annoying, so I thought that there should be a possibility to start a game that I can lock with a password and people can only enter the "closed game" if they know the password.

I don't know, did that happen to someone else too?

This is a really funny story :)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 12:46:24 AM »
I really would love to have the possibility to lock a game with a password.... ...In the end we were quite desperate about not being able to play in peace, but at a certain point he gave up. Finally.

Wow, and I thought I was desperate to play Carcassonne! Maybe you could have sent him a message by agreeing to play with him and then just totalling ganging up to trap all of his meeples? It's a shame really that he didn't have anyone to play with, but I can see how this would be annoying, especially if you'd been planning to play each other as a 2-player only.

Rather than passwords, how about the option to create a game as "invitation only" so that nobody can join it unless they are invited? One advantage of this would be that you don't have to pass the password to other players without certain players seeing it, but I guess either could achieve the same thing.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 01:53:06 AM »
How would you pass an invitation? If that would mean, you have to register on twitter, facebook, etc., I would rather go with the password.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 06:50:14 AM »
How would you pass an invitation? If that would mean, you have to register on twitter, facebook, etc., I would rather go with the password.

On the unofficial Facebook Carcassonne app (now renamed to something else but still exactly the same), you can start a new game but nobody can join it unless they are invited. You still have a view of the “lobby” where people might be chatting or waiting to join a game and you can invite them to your game by clicking on their name there.

Something like this could be implemented in JCZ without the need for any Facebook, Twitter or anything else for that matter. I can’t even imagine how that would work!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:34:53 AM by danisthirty »

Offline Safari

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »
Yeah, I'm sorry for the guy too. This would also solve the problem. I think farin should implement the function, that is easier to realise.

Offline farin

• Duke
  • Merit: 44
  • JCloisterZone maintainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 03:15:50 AM »
I don't expect "game trolls" so early - i will make priority to secure private games.

Rotation etc, nice ideas, it shouldn't be hard

Offline farin

• Duke
  • Merit: 44
  • JCloisterZone maintainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 01:01:02 PM »
Yes we need definitely private games asap. Today a troll join league game (completely ignoring game name Farin vs B1nder), so i simply host it myself.
I will try to fix this in several days.

Offline Safari

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 02:44:49 PM »
Yes we need definitely private games asap. Today a troll join league game (completely ignoring game name Farin vs B1nder), so i simply host it myself.
I will try to fix this in several days.

Thanks Farin! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has to deal with these problems. ;)

Offline rfielder

• Marquis
  • Carcassonne Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Cool Country Nights
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 07:41:02 AM »
Rotation etc, nice ideas, it shouldn't be hard
farin - how about right clicking on the desktop to rotate?  That way it is consistent with rotating a tile.

Also: as far as a key to center, and a key to zoom - why one one key that does both?  Optimize the display be centering and zooming to fit the screen.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Enhancement Suggestion

Started by rfielder

4 Replies
Last post June 20, 2015, 09:11:11 AM
by Decar
clip
Custom Bag Requests

Started by spikey_dino

5 Replies
Last post July 16, 2015, 11:07:00 AM