Author Topic: WTG: About 100 double-sided C1 tiles  (Read 854 times)

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
  • Merit: 92
  • Oh! That’s interesting...
    • View Profile
WTG: About 100 double-sided C1 tiles
« on: February 27, 2024, 05:26:05 AM »
About 18 months ago, I made a set of 60 double-sided Carcasssonne tiles.  My original idea was to keep make only a small set, 60 tiles plus a start tile.  But then I got carried away and started adding things and eventually ended up with many more tiles than I need.

I have been yet again reorganizing my collection and now I am ready to give away about 100 of these double-sided tiles.  It includes 12 double-sided River/City tiles, but I'm keeping the double-sided Abbeys.  Otherwise, it is a mix of base game and random selections from many expansions.  You can use some expansion rules (e.g. Inns, Fliers, Hills, Ferries, Belagerer all work fine, regardless of how many tile are in play).  For others (e.g. a handful of tower tiles) you can just ignore the expansion rules.  We usually ignore everything except the Inns.  The variety of edge combinations makes the tile draw seem very random and unpredictable, but the balance of tile types makes for a good game (e.g. not too many cities or roads).

The feel of the tiles really is great and the game is quite fun with experienced players; I might avoid this with newbies because of the extra decision making.

I'm happy to ship them (just tiles) anywhere for free.  I really just want someone to get some use out of them.

Please reply here if you are interested.  If we have more than one interested person, we'll have a lottery.

Cheers.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6603.0

Offline The-Edge

• Duke
  • Merit: 35
    • View Profile
Re: WTG: About 100 double-sided C1 tiles
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 05:39:15 AM »
Im interested in these tiles.
That does makes the game more interesting. More possibilities more opportunities.
To meeple or not to meeple, that's the question

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 06:06:07 AM »
This sounds really interesting, especially for a C1 fan  >:D
Please count me in!

Offline Ker42

• Count
  • Merit: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 06:49:11 AM »
I'm interested as well.  Please throw my name into the hat.  Thanks!
It's all fun and games...until the Mirror Zone comes out.

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 08:21:52 PM »
I'm interested, too. Thanks!

Online Liambass

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2024, 09:57:17 AM »
Fun, I'd be interested.  :)

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2024, 09:00:50 AM »
After seeing 5 people interested, I decided to make more double-sided tiles!  I was able to use up almost all of my unneeded extra tiles, ending up with 3 sets of 73 tiles (no missing tile here)!  I literally drew the names out of a Phillies hat and the winners are:
If the winners could message me with shipping information, I will get the packages in the mail.  The tiles fit very nicely in a standard expansion box.  I also had exactly 3 extra scoreboards, which fit perfectly in those boxes when cut in half.  Finally, I will put in whatever appropriate wood bits (ferries, gold bars, dragon, etc.) I have for the tiles that ended up in each box.  The meeples will be up to you, but they should be able to fit in the box as well.

Glad to find happy homes for what I think is a really fun variant.

Cheers!

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2024, 10:18:58 AM »

Very happy to read that I am one of the lucky few who has won these unique double-sided tiles. I think it is a wonderful and very generous initiative from your side. I am very grateful and happy!

+1 merit  :)

Offline Ker42

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2024, 11:29:16 AM »
Merit from me too on your great kindness and generosity! 

Offline The-Edge

• Duke
  • Merit: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2024, 12:44:26 AM »
Thank you for the giveaway. I am very curious to see how it will work while playing. +1 merit from

Offline Ker42

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2024, 08:30:06 AM »
Thanks for the speedy delivery, Kothmann!  Received my set Monday, added some bits and tried it yesterday in a 4-color, 2-player game (my daughter couldn't decide between purple and yellow, so the 2 of us played a 4 player game).  In honor of the game's sender, we tried out some of Kothmann's greatest variant hits: Old City (which, among other things, combines Bridge, Wall and Gate, Guesthouse and Wyvern) and Flash Points.  Happy to say we both loved the variety of the double sided tiles and the ingeniously handy walls and gates. Liked the guesthouses too, even though mine didn't finish, thus sadly scoring 0.  Wyvern was fun too, when we remembered to move it.  We also liked the exploding volcanoes of Flash Points, although they weren't a major factor in this particular game.  All in all, it was a great playing experience, and I think this set (complete with variant rules) will become my standard travel set.  Thanks again, Kothmann, for the awesome set and wonderful variants to play with it!         

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2024, 11:29:56 AM »
@Ker42 great game!  Thanks for sharing the photo and the story.
That is a monster Inn road bottom left!   >:D

Looks like you all really like the Ferries, too.  My kids hate those.

Also, did you include the Zoo in there?  I see some escaped animals…

Offline Ker42

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2024, 03:07:12 PM »
Yeah, that was a monster inn road, which she finished on her last turn.   ::)  I think I've only used ferries once before, but we thought we'd give 'em a try and ended up liking them.  If I had been thinking, I would've used a ferry to shorten her monster road.  Lessons learned.  The escaped animals are a variant work in progress to go with the Bazaar tiles.  Still needs a bit of work though.  Oh, we also tried a new way to use the princess tiles.  I added a Princess token, and we played the princess tiles the same way as the Winter Gingerbread Man expansion.  No kidnapping, extra points, everyone was happy.   ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
New 50/100 tiles on Cundco

Started by ymbuser

5 Replies
Last post June 02, 2022, 07:12:08 AM
by corinthiens13
xx
Weekend 100% Carcassonne

Started by Jéré

1 Replies
Last post March 20, 2016, 02:03:11 AM