Author Topic: What's next  (Read 19204 times)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Re: What's next
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 05:49:45 AM »
I also believe that some of the tiles will be changed to cover more combinations, though I hope the roads stays more linear.

They had a golden chance to change the base game tile combinations for the new edition (i.e. by adding some combinations that aren't in the base game, such as CFRF, CCRF, CRFF etc) and chose not to, so I don't think they'll do it now.

The 2x curved roads on a tile, for example, has always been useless when we played with it, i.e. adding nothing new and sometimes it even hinders you to complete a road.

I'm not a big fan of any of the RRRR tiles (the one I dislike the most is the one with the bridge because it's not even a road end), but I don't mind the one with two curved roads. If you have a farm on the inside and only one direction remains to enlarge it, the two curves can help you keep your farm alive and expandable whereas one curve would close it. Plus it's another way to stop someone from glomming onto your road, which is doubly important if you have an inn on it, so I think this is why the two curved road tile was included in I&C to begin with.

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 06:03:34 AM »
I don't think HiG will change the tile combinations if they make the expnasions for 2nd Edition, but I think they will add some of the new elements: gardens, towers with grey roof, stables and farmhouses, robbers behind the bush.

Gerry

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 11:18:48 PM »
Word on the street has the following rumours

1. LEGO Carcassonne
2. Andrew Lloyd Webber  is working on The Phantom of Carcassonne
3. George Lucas (despite selling the franchise to Disney) is planning The Meeple Strikes Back 
4. A 3D version where you need special glasses designed to show the old art work to your left eye and the new Carcassonne 2 artwork to your left eye (they are still working out the bugs on that)
5. A Hannibal Lecter version featuring (you guessed it ) a Red Dragon
6. A Willie Nelson version featuring all thieves, provisionally titled  “Carcassonne  - On the Road Again”
7. An Elvis version with sequined Meeples set in a reconstruction of Carcassonne in the Paris Las Vegas hotel (European geography not being their their strongest point)
8. J. K. Rowling is penning the Half Blood Meeple
9. The European Union is working on a scheme that pays you not to place any farmer meeples but you still get the points.
10. Finally, and most unlikely, a regular expansion that adds some meaningful game play

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2014, 12:41:49 AM »
4. A 3D version where you need special glasses designed to show the old art work to your left eye and the new Carcassonne 2 artwork to your left eye (they are still working out the bugs on that)

9. The European Union is working on a scheme that pays you not to place any farmer meeples but you still get the points.

:D

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2014, 06:20:27 AM »

1. LEGO Carcassonne
3. George Lucas (despite selling the franchise to Disney) is planning The Meeple Strikes Back 
6. A Willie Nelson version featuring all thieves, provisionally titled  “Carcassonne  - On the Road Again”
7. An Elvis version with sequined Meeples set in a reconstruction of Carcassonne in the Paris Las Vegas hotel (European geography not being their their strongest point)
10. Finally, and most unlikely, a regular expansion that adds some meaningful game play

Don't forget the Game of Thrones tie-in Carcassonne where all of your beloved followers die every couple of turns and have to be replaced by all new followers.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2014, 07:16:06 AM »

1. LEGO Carcassonne

Don't forget the Game of Thrones tie-in Carcassonne where all of your beloved followers die every couple of turns and have to be replaced by all new followers.

Game of Thrones would do wonders:

Winter edition: The North
Ark of the Covenant: Dragon Queen's journey
The Discovery: The harbour areas, seeing how it also has mountains
The base game: Most of everything else

One could do an animation like the GoT intro but instead of building the world you'd be building with Carcassonne tiles.

:(y)
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2014, 10:09:45 AM »

1. LEGO Carcassonne

Game of Thrones would do wonders:

Winter edition: The North
Ark of the Covenant: Dragon Queen's journey
The Discovery: The harbour areas, seeing how it also has mountains
The base game: Most of everything else

One could do an animation like the GoT intro but instead of building the world you'd be building with Carcassonne tiles.

:(y)

That is one extremely fun idea:P

Offline Allan in Brisbane

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
  • Psalm 139:14
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2014, 04:18:46 PM »
What are the chances of HIG formally producing some of the really popular and highly regarded fan-made expansions?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2014, 01:54:08 AM »
What are the chances of HIG formally producing some of the really popular and highly regarded fan-made expansions?

I don't know about formally producing them, but there was a project earlier this year to begin making some of the fan-made expansions available for download from Cundco. As far as I'm aware only one went live on the site but I'm hoping that this is something they'll pick up again next year...

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 08:06:49 AM »
I think this year has to go out for something special, for 10 years is the output expansion "Festival", for the 15?
A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked.

:white-meeple: My works.

Online meepleater

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 02:34:54 AM »
I'm still waiting for the Australian Monasteries...

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 08:07:39 PM »
I'm still waiting for the Australian Monasteries...

The oldest Monastery in Australia was built in 1846 - a baby really.
Also there are hardly enough Monasteries to make a set.
It could be a long wait!

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2015, 08:37:11 PM »
Apparently there are 16, and you only need 6 to make a set:
http://orthodoxyinaustralia.com/monasteries/

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 09:21:04 PM »
Apparently there are 16, and you only need 6 to make a set:
http://orthodoxyinaustralia.com/monasteries/

True.  But an Australian Monastery lacks the beauty of the European monasteries. Many are quite modern buildings.
They would look very out of place in Medieval Carcassonne.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 11:11:25 PM »
But an Australian Monastery lacks the beauty of the European monasteries. Many are quite modern buildings.
They would look very out of place in Medieval Carcassonne.

Yes they would, but apparently that kind of thing doesn't matter anymore.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
smiley
The next World Cup is here!

Started by danisthirty

0 Replies
Last post August 19, 2015, 09:17:38 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Two castles next to each other

Started by Leven

6 Replies
Last post February 05, 2017, 02:58:54 PM
by Leven
xx
The Next Expansion League (Again)

Started by danisthirty

28 Replies
Last post May 06, 2015, 09:12:51 AM
by Decar
xx
The Next Basegame League - Duplicate Decks

Started by Decar

19 Replies
Last post June 26, 2017, 01:25:45 PM
by Decar
xx
What will be your next purchases related to Carcassonne?

Started by quevy

20 Replies
Last post May 21, 2015, 10:52:13 PM
by kettlefish