Author Topic: update profile  (Read 40086 times)

Offline Mikeagan

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • I am interested in any expansion for CARC2.
    • View Profile
Re: update profile
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2017, 11:39:13 AM »
Can we get The Festival / 15 Years Anniversary added as a new art expansion under profiles. I own it as a stand alone shrink wrapped expansion for the new art.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 01:23:13 PM by MrNumbers, Reason: Merged with corresponding topic »
My CARC2 homemade expansions:
SUMMER GINGERBREAD MAN.

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2017, 11:21:25 PM »
Can the 6th expansion in the new art Count, King&Consorts be added to the profile summary?
And I've noticed that Under the Big Top is listed twice in the list ;)
And with the Big Box 2017, should the mini's get their own listing in the new art? Or do we wait until they are available on their own? :)
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2017, 01:07:59 AM »
Can the 6th expansion in the new art Count, King&Consorts be added to the profile summary?
And I've noticed that Under the Big Top is listed twice in the list ;)
And with the Big Box 2017, should the mini's get their own listing in the new art? Or do we wait until they are available on their own? :)

I'll look into this shortly if no one else has.

We only list products that has been released. The minis in new art may not be available at all as far as we know.
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2017, 01:24:36 AM »
We only list products that has been released. The minis in new art may not be available at all as far as we know.
Ok, so only if a product is available on its own it will get a listing :) So if the Mini's become available outside of BB6, I'll have to buy them so I can list them as 'owns' in my profile ;)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:57:31 AM by Paul »

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2017, 01:58:12 AM »
Ok, so only if a product is available on its own it will get a listing :) So if the Mini's become available outside of BB6, I'll have to buy them so I can list them as 'owns' in my profile ;)

(Accidently hit modify instead of quote on previous comment. Woops.)

Or that they will be announced officially. :D

Doing a major overhaul in the profile fields as we speak, case things looks Catapulted.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2017, 05:14:21 AM »
A complete overhaul in the profile field collection has been made (for the old art only for now).

• Added coherent titles and descriptions.
  • Organized list order
  • Added Müller edition and, uhm, another field that I already forgot which one.  :-[
  • Missing and will be added: The Cult. If you know other releases / versions that you feel needs a separate field, let us know.

Paul

Offline LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

• Count
  • Merit: 28
  • updated 2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2017, 03:53:56 PM »
A complete overhaul in the profile field collection has been made (for the old art only for now).

• Added coherent titles and descriptions.
  • Organized list order
  • Added Müller edition and, uhm, another field that I already forgot which one.  :-[
  • Missing and will be added: The Cult. If you know other releases / versions that you feel needs a separate field, let us know.

Paul

THANK YOU  :(y)

I have a few suggestions or. questions concerning the titels, because e.g. I find it a little bit confusing that not all expansion have been translated. e.g: Cathedrals in Germany vs. Burgen in Deutschland instead of Monasteries in Germany.

My suggestions:

Mini-expansion 7: Crop Circles => Mini-Expansion 7: Crop Circles II (would be more logical, because there is also Crop Circles 1)
The Wind Roses => The Wind Roses I (would be more logical, because there is also The Wind Roses II)
The Wind Roses I Spielbox 2013-10 it was Issue #5 (Spielbox 2013-5)
Spielbox 2014-5: Half and Half => Spielbox 2014-5: Halflings II (like in  S-CAR)
Die Belagerer => The Besiegers (like in S-CAR)
Die Deutschen Klöster => correct german name is: Klöster in Deutschland ==> Monasteries in Germany (like in S-CAR)
Half and Half II => Halflings II (like in  S-CAR)
Die Klöster:??? ==> De Kloosters??? (aka dutch monasteries or Monasteries in the Netherlands & Belgium)
Bürgen in Deutschland: without "ü"= Burgen in Deutschland => Castles in Germany (like in S-CAR)
Das Labyrinth => The Labyrinth
Star Wars – Erweiterung 1 => Star Wars – Expansion 1
Temples in Japan: => not all of them are temples, my suggestion:  Japanese Buildings or Buildings in Japan
The Festival (new art) => my suggestion: The Festival 15th Anniversary edition or The Festival ´15

Best Greetings!

I'm looking for:
● Carcassonne shopdisplays (esp.dicegame.+ Minis ger.)
● Carcassonne Στα Κάστρα του Μυστρά (2002) Greek first edition
● Carcassonne - chinese Sur knight kings editions
● ETCOC / WTCOC 2020 commemorative tiles
& more -> https://ibb.co/cCcm4SB

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2017, 06:38:20 PM »
Good suggestions, BigBoss. I have a few corrections/comments and will add a couple more suggestions.

The Wind Roses => The Wind Roses I (would be more logical, because there is also The Wind Roses II)
The Wind Roses I Spielbox 2013-10 it was Issue #5 (Spielbox 2013-5)

Actually, that's backwards. Although normally the Spielbox version of something would come first and then Cundco would print it later, in the case of the wind roses it's the other way around:

2012 Die Windrosen IThe Wind Roses I (Carcassonne on Tour, Cundco)
2013 Die Windrosen IIThe Wind Roses II (Spielbox 2013/5)

Spielbox 2014-5: Half and Half => Spielbox 2014-5: Halflings II (like in  S-CAR)

This is also backwards. The correct order is as follows:

2014 Halb so wild IHalflings I (Spielbox 2014/5)
2014 Halb so wild IIHalflings II (Cundco)

Die Deutschen Klöster => correct german name is: Klöster in Deutschland ==> Monasteries in Germany (like in S-CAR)
Die Klöster:??? ==> De Kloosters??? (aka dutch monasteries or Monasteries in the Netherlands & Belgium)
Bürgen in Deutschland: without "ü"= Burgen in Deutschland => Castles in Germany (like in S-CAR)

According to my research, this one has two official German names — Klöster in Deutschland and Die Klöster — and the official English names, according to Cundco, are structured as "German X" rather than "X in Germany." This also makes more sense in the context of the game, because it is certainly not a "Structure in Germany" — it is a German Structure in France.

2014 Klöster in Holland a.k.a. De KloostersDutch & Belgian Monasteries a.k.a. Dutch Monasteries
2014 Klöster in Deutschland a.k.a. Die KlösterGerman Monasteries
2015 Burgen in Deutschland — German Castles
2016 Kathedralen in Deutschland — German Cathedrals

Temples in Japan: => not all of them are temples, my suggestion:  Japanese Buildings or Buildings in Japan

Cundco calls them Klöster/Tempel in Japan, so based on the patterns above I would suggest Japanese Monasteries/Temples. (They may not all be temples/monasteries in real life, but they all function like monasteries in the game.)

Other inconsistencies I noticed:

Expansions 3 and 8 should be spelled out:
  • Expansion 1: Inns & Cathedrals
  • Expansion 2: Traders & Builders
  • Exp 3: The Princess & the Dragon
  • Expansion 4: The Tower
  • Expansion 5: Abbey & Mayor
  • Expansion 6: Count, King & Robber
  • Expansion 7: The Catapult
  • Exp 8: Bridges, Castles & Bazaars
  • Expansion 9: Hills & Sheep
Mage & Witch is the only Mini that's not plural in English, so Mini-expansion 6: The Robbers should have that "s" added.

The following would all make more sense to me if the name of the expansion came first. Just thinking about this pragmatically, nobody is going to look these up by issue number. Also, for what it's worth, nostheide.de uses slashes rather than dashes.
  • The Cathars (Spielbox 2004/5)
  • The Tunnel (Spielbox 2009/6)
  • The Plague (Spielbox 2010/6)
  • Little Buildings (Spielbox 2012/5)
  • The Wind Roses II (Spielbox 2013/10)
  • Half and Half I (Spielbox 2014/5)
The official name of the GQ#11 thing is The Mini Expansion. To be consistent wth the other magazine releases, I would recommend labeling it like this: The Mini Expansion (Games Quarterly #11).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 06:42:21 PM by Just a Bill »
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 12:54:59 AM »
Ok. This was a lot of feedback by two members.   :P  >:D I'll see about going thru it all during the day, but keep in mind the following:

The new profile layout is based on information found on Cundco.de, HiG and BGG and synced with these to make things less confusing using correct spelling etc. The CAR has had very little hand in this as it will be updated eventually and hopefully adapts as well.

Titles are taken from actual English boxes and then German and so forth if English does not exist.

The errata mentioned I'll look into shortly.

• Count
  • updated 2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 01:31:46 PM »
@Just a Bill
Also very good Suggestions  :(y) thanks

Actually, that's backwards. Although normally the Spielbox version of something would come first and then Cundco would print it later, in the case of the wind roses it's the other way around:
2012 Die Windrosen IThe Wind Roses I (Carcassonne on Tour, Cundco)
2013 Die Windrosen IIThe Wind Roses II (Spielbox 2013/5)

absolutely correct!
Windroses I for the first time in october 5-7th 2012 at the Game fair in Leipzig
Windroses II may 2013 Spielbox

Quote from: Just a Bill

Are you sure about this? (any source?)

According to my research, this one has two official German names — Klöster in Deutschland and Die Klöster — and the official English names, according to Cundco, are structured as "German X" rather than "X in Germany." This also makes more sense in the context of the game, because it is certainly not a "Structure in Germany" — it is a German Structure in France.

Any Source for the name "Die Klöster"? ==> HiG calls them on their homepage: Die Klöster

2014 Klöster in Holland a.k.a. De KloostersDutch & Belgian Monasteries a.k.a. Dutch Monasteries
2014 Klöster in Deutschland a.k.a. Die KlösterGerman Monasteries
2015 Burgen in Deutschland — German Castles
2016 Kathedralen in Deutschland — German Cathedrals

absolutely right!! Thanks!

Cundco calls them Klöster/Tempel in Japan, so based on the patterns above I would suggest Japanese Monasteries/Temples. (They may not all be temples/monasteries in real life, but they all function like monasteries in the game.)

I think that's great!!! THANKS!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:36:54 PM by BigBoss »

• Count
  • updated 2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2017, 02:09:49 PM »
It isn´t really easy to find correct names because between CundCo, HiG, SpielBox & the official Rules, there isn´t a real consensus regarding the names of the expansions.
A few Examples:

Die Klöster: HiG Homepage
Klöster in Deutchland: CundCo
Klöster in Deutschland: HiG Official Rules

Das Labyrinth: HiG Homepage
Das Labyrinth: HiG Official Rules
Die Labyrinthe von Carcassonne: SpielBox/SpielDoch!
Die Labyrinthe von Carcassonne: SpielBox/SpielDoch! Official Rules

Der Graf von Carcassonne: HiG Homepage
Der Graf von Carcassonne:HIG Official Rules
Der Graf: CundCo

Klöster/Tempel in Japan: CundCo
Japanese Buildings: Official Rules HiG  ==> Therefore on CarcF its translated to german: Japanische Bauwerke

The GQ Mini Expansion: I have never found an official source providing the name of this expansion:
It is called on BGG: The Mini Expansion, but in the magazine it is only mentioned on the cover as: "12 new carcassonne game tiles inside"  :-\

:neutral-meeple:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 03:29:47 PM by BigBoss »

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2017, 03:27:41 PM »
I'll look into adding the variation names. The title is limited to about 40 characters, hence the "Exp" only instead of Expansion.

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2017, 05:49:01 AM »
I'll look into adding the variation names. The title is limited to about 40 characters, hence the "Exp" only instead of Expansion.

In that case, I would recommend abbreviating all of them in the same way.

Are you sure about this? (any source?)

Yes, I'm certain. I research almost everything before I post.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 08:01:52 AM by Just a Bill »

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2017, 05:52:27 AM »

This was done yesterday.

• Count
  • updated 2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2017, 04:30:15 PM »

This was done yesterday.

Thank You!
 :(y) :yellow-meeple:

@Just a Bill
Thanks fo the info & the good research about "Halb so wild"  :(y)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 04:36:01 PM by BigBoss »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Request for update of Profile Carcassonne games

Started by Bumsakalaka

35 Replies
Last post October 19, 2021, 02:51:56 PM
by Meepledrone
exclamation
Profile info update

Started by DIN0

2 Replies
Last post March 11, 2020, 12:59:12 PM