Carc Central Community > Unofficial Rules

La Porxada question

(1/2) > >>

DIN0:
One thing has been bugging me for years. It is this sentence from the first option upon placing La Porxada:
 "The chosen player can negate the exchange, but if so, he or she must eliminate one of his or her followers for the remainder of the game."
Eliminate from where, the playing field, personal supply, or can you choose?
The most likely option seems to be to eliminate a follower from playing field. This gives the other side of the decision proper weight.
If it was only from personal supply, players would most of the time be inclined to always negate the swap - especially in larger games.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5011.0

Meepledrone:
The meeple would be removed from the game, so that player plays the rest of the game with one meeple less than the other players...

Imagine it is your large meeple...  >:D

DIN0:
Yes I know that. I am asking where does this meeple come from? Personal supply or  the playing field?
I feel like it should be latter.

corinthiens13:
The rule do only say to remove a meeple, there isn't any restriction, so it can be from the playing field or from the player's supply. That's already a high price, especially if that's during the first half of a big game!  :o

Meepledrone:

--- Quote from: tp10053 on January 23, 2021, 10:20:12 AM ---Yes I know that. I am asking where does this meeple come from? Personal supply or  the playing field?
I feel like it should be latter.

--- End quote ---

The rules stress that the meeples to be exchanged have to be already placed but no restriction is indicated for the meeple to be removed. As a consequence, it can be any meeple either one already placed on any feature or one from you supply. I agree with corinthiens13, in the interpretation.

Therefore, the player may decide which meeple to sacrifice. Take your pick:
* A meeple trapped in a incomplete feature, so no harm done after all
* A meeple placed on an incomplete feature where you have the majority even if you remove one of your meeples, so you can mitigate the impact.
* Any meeple from your supply, normally a regular one.
* A meeple placed on a feature you can afford to lose with minimum points loss.
* You name it...

Note: Added a clarification to WICA regarding this issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version