Carc Central Community > Unofficial Rules

Cloisters/Monasteries contiguous placement

<< < (2/2)

Meepledrone:

--- Quote from: Allograft on February 07, 2021, 05:21:38 PM ---Tehhehehehe. Yeah, I like the wagon. Last night, I had a chance to get a flier (Mayor) into my 8-year-old's 12 tile city before it was completed, and I would have tied for control. This possibility led to upset and crying, so I didn't follow through with it, but yes, it drives my family nuts when I pull special moves that are allowed by rules :-) -  :pink-meeple:

--- End quote ---

This is what happens when you catch some players by surprise, especially the youngest ones!  :o

Meepledrone:

--- Quote from: corinthiens13 on February 07, 2021, 08:50:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: Meepledrone on February 07, 2021, 03:57:21 PM ---This is what some people call cloisterville... when you get several monasteries together completing each other at times.

The only restriction for monasteries involves shrines (Exp. 6). A shrine cannot be adjacent to more than one monastery / abbey / special monastery / ... and vice versa in order to avoid simultaneous challenges.

--- End quote ---

Is it the features themselves that cannot be adjacent to more than one (a shrine cannot be adjacent to more than one monastery, and vice versa); or a heretic that cannot be adjacent to more than one monk (a shrine can be adjacent to more than one monastery, as long as there isn't more than one that's occupied)?

--- End quote ---

The rules refer to features (monasteries, shrines), not the role of the potential occupiers... Bear in mind that an incomplete unoccupied monastery or shrine may be occupied with a magic portal or a flying machine. So chaos could unfold any time if monasteries and shrines could form a cluster without any restrictions.

All this is to ensure that monks and heretics cannot participate in more than one challenge at a time no matter what.

corinthiens13:
Seems logical by reading the rule. I don't know why I thought it was the meeple placement that was forbidden...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version