Author Topic: --- Customized Deck = FUN!!! and Randomized Pixel Art ---  (Read 19821 times)

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
Re: End of Game Randomized Pixel Art
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 06:40:56 AM »
Hmmm...you have a software that calls Cities by the name of Castles? That can be confusing since they are different features...and maybe it's got you in the habit of calling them Castles as well  :-\
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline DOCTORawfulMD

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 4
  • Tryin' to build a MASSIVE tile deck- Wanna help???
    • View Profile
    • Ministry of Gamers
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 09:17:56 AM »
Haha yes the software is open to edit, ie each tab keeps track of a separate score field (it's meant for more basic games and each tab is intended to be a separate player name)  I named the tabs for each type of point (cities, roads, churches, etc.), and yes I Now know they are totally different (cities and castles) since purchasing this expansion package.  You Are correct, we have been in the habit of calling the Cities : Castles and the Cloisters: Churches .  We literally Just added the Bazaars, Bridges and Castles expansion to our home set last week and I totally forgot to change that tab name in the app.  THANK YOU for reminding me to do so!  See, now I'm glad I posted this :) 

:green-meeple:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:16:53 PM by DOCTORawfulMD, Reason: Added and clarified »
Oh come ON!!! ... Again?!? The Dragon???... I just...come onnnnnn!!! Great.  That's just Perfect    :(

--~<(:   If you have Bulk Tile Lots,  Packs of Tiles, Duplicates, BLANKs or Rare Expansions for SALE: PLEASE send me a PM!!!  I am VERY interested in buying and growing our Family Deck !!!  :)>~-

Offline DOCTORawfulMD

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
    • Ministry of Gamers
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 11:31:16 PM »
Here's another in-app screenshot I just took to better show what Score Pro can provide for your game records:

It automatically tallies and keeps a running count of score for each tab.  You have the option in what to Title each tab and this works perfectly when you substitute a players name only with a specific point category (shown here is a mock example using Cities and Roads). The app gives you several choices as far as what you Can do with it.  It can keep track of the time each turn is entered (a nice way to track personal game style and progress).  It can also track each turn or round, or not if you choose so.  Personally my favorite button is the "Who's Winning" option, which shows you from highest to lowest, at any given time while using, who is leading each category.  SO helpful. 

When adding, Or Subtracting points (it also gives the option to subtract points on a turn) it automatically updates that Tab's total score tally.  This is effortless, except when tracking the King or Robber ( largest city and longest road ). For those two tabs, the tracking is a little, but barely more involved.  Instead of just typing new points on a turn and it automatically adjusting that score, with let's say a longest road that Was 5 tiles which is now a longest road of 12 tiles, you must type 7 instead of 12.  Not to be over-obvious or insulting by any means, but 5+7= 12, which is what are trying to track: 12, the newest longest road length to best for that Robber tile possession; Not like the other categories (completed cities, roads, churches...)  If you simply were to input "12" here (like the other point collecting) the new adjusted score (and now false Longest Road) would be 17.  Like I said, not hard, just a minor adjustment in data entering.

My thought process behind this whole post being (sorry I'm so long winded):   I LOVE the 'Score Pro' app for iPhone!!! It saves time and also stops arguments mid-game over points because you have a accurate (and time stamped if you so choose) account for Every point achieved, while gaming :)

PS:  I am in no way affiliated with the app or developers, just very impressed with what this simple app can add to a game of Carcassonne!!!   :green-meeple:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:41:54 PM by DOCTORawfulMD »

Offline DOCTORawfulMD

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
    • Ministry of Gamers
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 06:38:55 AM »
As per someone's request :  Here is a more detailed list of the contents for my Carcassonne "kit" (minus the box it all fits nicely inside

My customized (work in progress) Family Carcassonne setup ( ready for home or travel )includes:

-1 Large cloth bag filled with tiles, for drawing out of
-1 Separate bag for The River I and River II tiles
-1 Separate bag for The Count of Carcassonne city Start tiles
-- 1 "Start of Game" bag including:
----The King token
----The Robber token
----1 River with a Road, Start tile
----1 3-way River Fork (another 3-way River fork (2 total) is mixed into the other River tiles)
----1 River End tile (2 more River End tiles (3 total) are mixed into the other River tiles)
-1 Separate bag for the Dragon, Fairy and Count Meeples
-1 Separate bag holding all the standard and expansion printed rules
-1 Separate bag for Castle tokens
-1 Separate bag for wooden Bridges
-- 6 Custom Painted, Individually bagged, Glow in the Dark, Meeple teams:
-----1 Metalic Purple Team
-----1 Orange Team
-----1 Black Team
-----1 Metalic Red Team
-----1 Silver/Transparent Aqua Team
-----1 Green/Teal Team
---------- Each individual team of 12 Meeples includes:
-------------9 small Meeples
-------------1 Large Meeple
-------------1 Builder Meeple
-------------1 Pig Animeeple
-1 Sharpie Marker
-1 Hourglass style , 1 Minute sand timer
-1 Hand-drawn tile count and index of variations
-1 Laminated piece of paper for scooping up tiles off the floor quickly
-1 Clear Mini-Ruler ( REALLY helps keep tiles at 90 degree angles, at the very least more lined up on the floor lol)

I can (and probably will) update with another hand drawn and visual tile index and count sometime here in the near future if anyone is interested in the exact number and division of the tile variations Ive put together!  I can't stress enough how much fun this particular tile deck is to play--- it's addictive!!!

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 09:00:06 AM by DOCTORawfulMD »

Offline DOCTORawfulMD

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
    • Ministry of Gamers
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2014, 08:04:27 AM »
Our most recent game, with all the expansions and pieces we currently have (Although this one we didn't use the Dragon or Fairy, only their respective expansion pack tiles (ignoring the Dragon and Princess special actions this round)

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2014, 08:17:50 AM »
Here's another in-app screenshot I just took to better show what Score Pro can provide for your game records:

That is a very cool App. I don't own a smart phone and have not really been inclined to own one...until now :)

That's a great collection you have also. I wish I was getting in as much game time as you and your wife have been. Those games look fun and challenging. I find the game quite fun when playing against someone that has a good grasp on the game play and the competitive strategies.

Offline DOCTORawfulMD

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
    • Ministry of Gamers
Re: --- Customized Deck = FUN!!! and Randomized Pixel Art ---
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2014, 09:13:06 AM »
Score Pro is SO simple and basic, I think thats what I like best about it.  The developers (whom I have sent personal feedback and a couple suggestions to recently) kept it clean and sleek, without dealing with and wasting effort on making it Overly attractive.  You can do quite a lot with it, and Im pretty sure I only paid .99 cents for it?  WELL WORTH the dollar.

That's a great collection you have also. I wish I was getting in as much game time as you and your wife have been. Those games look fun and challenging. I find the game quite fun when playing against someone that has a good grasp on the game play and the competitive strategies.

Thank you, Im glad you like what we have put together so far.  It really has brought my wife and I closer together!
To be fair, a lot has come up in our personal lives lately which has given us opportunity to do more things together than normal: more large chunks of time together with our daughter at home, and all three of us enjoy 'nerding out' as our daughter Madeline says ;)  I'm not complaining at all!  I'm very lucky :)

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 08:30:08 AM by DOCTORawfulMD »

Offline DOCTORawfulMD

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
    • Ministry of Gamers
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2014, 04:54:37 AM »

This game was Extremely frustrating...

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2014, 08:04:49 AM »
This game was Extremely frustrating...

:) I take it she wooped you again? haha

I meant to ask you MD if you found the CAR to answer some of your questions. If not you should check it out. It's a comprehensive guide to all questions Carcassonne.

Offline DOCTORawfulMD

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
    • Ministry of Gamers
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2014, 08:34:50 AM »
Hahaha I came back from it, but yes... she had me on edge the entire game.  She has gotten a Lot better just recently, which is awesome and now more competitive, but I can't relax anymore when I play with her... She's cut throat man!   

No, I hadn't checked out the CAR yet, but will now! Thank you :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 08:36:29 AM by DOCTORawfulMD »

Offline DOCTORawfulMD

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
    • Ministry of Gamers
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2014, 03:52:26 AM »

Offline DOCTORawfulMD

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
    • Ministry of Gamers
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2014, 03:53:37 AM »

Offline DOCTORawfulMD

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
    • Ministry of Gamers
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2014, 03:59:22 AM »

This was EASILY the most Fun game I've ever played with my wife!  Valentine's Day night and she WHOOPED me: 1,127 to 890... 

In my defense (because of the holiday) I was extremely humble with my farming and I let her keep control of both the King and Robber bonus'... clearly this was a HUGE mistake, lol.  Still, we had a great night together after our daughter fell asleep, playing Carcassonne while drinking mimosas on our living room floor crawling around in our pajamas <3
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 08:36:05 AM by DOCTORawfulMD »

Offline Guesclin

• Vassal
  • Merit: 5
  • I haven't profiled my update yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2014, 03:31:10 PM »
Looks like a great game! How long did it take ?
Dddddeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrppp

Offline DOCTORawfulMD

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
    • Ministry of Gamers
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2014, 04:16:48 PM »
Looks like a great game! How long did it take ?

Thank you Guesclin, it really was a great game @ a little over 5 hours of actual gameplay!!!  We just aquired another River 1 set and added 10 of those into our already massive river, so I decided not to use The Count this time around, or the Dragon or Fairy meeples (only their tiles: a little over 2 sets of dragon and princess).  Out of all my years of playing Carcassonne this was probably the best game yet!  AND I LOST :) such a great end to Valentines Day!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Favouritism Poll #8 : Large Expansion Box Art (Old Art)

Started by dirk2112

11 Replies
Last post February 10, 2017, 07:16:40 AM
by Karcalijn
xx
New Art vs Old Art...a Solution

Started by Reggie777

3 Replies
Last post February 17, 2015, 08:31:46 AM
by Hounk
xx
New Art vs Original Art Dividers