Carc Central Community > Strategy Guide

Many ways to use a cxxx tile

<< < (2/3) > >>

Decar:
Or perhaps tile is put to better use trapping an opponents meeple and denying them a lot more points.

Vinçon:
And I thought I knew a lot about the game... So much to learn!

And thanks farin for this awesome program. I'm using it a little bit to test it, but (and that's absolutely personal) I really prefer the warmth of a IRL game of Carcassone.

Awesome work anyway!

Just a Bill:

--- Quote from: danisthirty on December 11, 2017, 12:28:21 AM ---On some occasions you might even complete an opponent's 4-point city on your turn if any other features on the tile score you more points, or give you some other strategic advantage like providing a way onto a big farm.

--- End quote ---

Other strategic advantages of completing the opponent's city can be due to the mechanics of the Count and the City of Carcassonne. Maybe you want to send a follower to that city, or prevent the opponent from doing so, or be the one to move the Count in order to enable or disrupt a pending "big drop" that looks like it's coming.

You might also complete the opponent's little hamlet to purposely limit her to 4 points when she was hoping to build something bigger. In cases like this, I feel like 4 points is actually better for the game because it can give that decision a little more weight.

theaeblackthorn:
Also for me the most basic is if you're playing Traders & Builders and with that tile you can finish a city before someone else and steal all of the resources!!!

Vinçon:
Will buy this expansion next month. Seems like a lot of fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version