Carc Central Community > Strategy Guide

A Tactical Introduction to Expansion #2: Traders & Builders

<< < (2/3) > >>

danisthirty:

--- Quote from: dronedrone on December 10, 2018, 09:13:59 AM ---Have you come across any players who have tried to conceal the trade goods icon with a meeple or builder?   I have seen it happen once or twice, particularly with the low-count commodities of Silk/Fabric and Wheat.

--- End quote ---

No, I've never known anyone play like this, and I would say it is against the spirit of the game.

In Carcassonne, all information is known based on what's on the table in front of you. If one person is trying to hide something from his or her opponent(s) to give themselves an advantage then I would see this as cheating and wouldn't play with that person again.

Sinscerly:

--- Quote from: danisthirty on December 10, 2018, 09:16:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: dronedrone on December 10, 2018, 09:13:59 AM ---Have you come across any players who have tried to conceal the trade goods icon with a meeple or builder?   I have seen it happen once or twice, particularly with the low-count commodities of Silk/Fabric and Wheat.

--- End quote ---

No, I've never known anyone play like this, and I would say it is against the spirit of the game.

In Carcassonne, all information is known based on what's on the table in front of you. If one person is trying to hide something from his or her opponent(s) to give themselves an advantage then I would see this as cheating and wouldn't play with that person again.

--- End quote ---

Well they are most in the corner, I have seen people put it on them just they didn't think about it.
So mostly when they do I move it. But wouldn't declare them cheating :))

jungleboy:

--- Quote from: danisthirty on December 10, 2018, 09:16:34 AM ---In Carcassonne, all information is known based on what's on the table in front of you. If one person is trying to hide something from his or her opponent(s) to give themselves an advantage then I would see this as cheating and wouldn't play with that person again.

--- End quote ---

Do you mean to say that this is all I needed to do to stop you bugging me to play with you for all these years?

danisthirty:

--- Quote from: Sinscerly on December 10, 2018, 12:48:25 PM ---Well they are most in the corner, I have seen people put it on them just they didn't think about it.
So mostly when they do I move it. But wouldn't declare them cheating :))

--- End quote ---

Sure, if it's an accident or they didn't think about it then that's fine. But if they keep doing it, and it's on purpose then I would feel very differently about it. It's  ::) rather than >:(.

--- Quote from: jungleboy on December 11, 2018, 01:18:54 AM ---Do you mean to say that this is all I needed to do to stop you bugging me to play with you for all these years?

--- End quote ---

:P

Sinscerly:
Let's change in JCZ that the meeples stand on the trade goods >:D and that they only stand on trade goods when Dan is using it ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version