Carc Central Community > Strategy Guide

Tips for a 4-player Basic Game

<< < (2/3) > >>

danisthirty:
Not a silly question at all! In fact, I’ve been tempted to start digging around in past World Championship results to find which countries typically come last and then heading over to those countries to take part in their nationals! In reality I probably wouldn’t do this, but the idea certainly crossed my mind.

I don’t know if citizenship is checked elsewhere but when I took part in the UK championships this year I didn’t have to show anyone my passport.

Do you fancy taking part next year? It’d be good to meet up (as long as you don’t win – otherwise I’m going to be very sulky indeed).

MrNumbers:

--- Quote from: danisthirty on September 16, 2014, 06:55:26 AM ---Your point about reducing scoring opportunities for other players by completing features even if I don’t have anything to claim them with is a good one, but I think this is equally valid in games with any number of players.

--- End quote ---

As you said yourself, 4-player game is low-scoring game, so every point is valuable. So this tip is more valid for 4-player game, than for 2-player game.

@jungleboy: By the way, in Germany you need to have German citizenship or at least permanently live in Germany to participate in national tournament.

jungleboy:

--- Quote from: danisthirty on September 16, 2014, 07:33:07 AM ---In fact, I’ve been tempted to start digging around in past World Championship results to find which countries typically come last and then heading over to those countries to take part in their nationals! In reality I probably wouldn’t do this, but the idea certainly crossed my mind.
--- End quote ---

This is awesome :)

--- Quote from: danisthirty on September 16, 2014, 07:33:07 AM ---Do you fancy taking part next year? It’d be good to meet up (as long as you don’t win – otherwise I’m going to be very sulky indeed).

--- End quote ---

I could be convinced to take part :) When/where are they being held?

danisthirty:

--- Quote from: MrNumbers on September 16, 2014, 09:46:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: danisthirty on September 16, 2014, 06:55:26 AM ---Your point about reducing scoring opportunities for other players by completing features even if I don’t have anything to claim them with is a good one, but I think this is equally valid in games with any number of players.

--- End quote ---

As you said yourself, 4-player game is low-scoring game, so every point is valuable. So this tip is more valid for 4-player game, than for 2-player game.

--- End quote ---

You are correct, that is very true. I hadn't really thought about it that way.

--- Quote from: jungleboy on September 16, 2014, 11:44:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: danisthirty on September 16, 2014, 07:33:07 AM ---Do you fancy taking part next year? It’d be good to meet up (as long as you don’t win – otherwise I’m going to be very sulky indeed).

--- End quote ---

I could be convinced to take part :) When/where are they being held?

--- End quote ---

There's nothing official yet but last year (as in previous years) they have been held at the UK Games Expo in Birmingham (http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/). Next year this will be held between the 29th and 31st May but there is no word on when the Carcassonne competition will be. It's early days yet though, it might not even have been booked yet.

Carcking:
Good stuff danisthirty! A lot of stuff some/most/all of us already know but good to put down on paper for the general benefit of the community.  :(y)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version