Carc Central Community > Quizzes, Puzzles and Challenges

Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXX

<< < (42/43) > >>

Allograft:

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on November 02, 2021, 04:26:54 PM ---It will start on December 1st...  8)

--- End quote ---

Nice, when does Cundco usually offer advent stuff? -  :pink-meeple:

Meepledrone:
Around St. Nicholas day, that is Dec 6th...

corinthiens13:

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on November 02, 2021, 04:26:54 PM ---It will start on December 1st...  8)

--- End quote ---

I'm looking forward for this quizz, thanks in advance for your awesome work!  :yellow-meeple:

Vital Pluymers:

--- End quote ---

Just wondering how you can organize a quiz when 30% of the rules are outdated, waiting for further clarifications, have differences between C1 and C2, in other words are not clear at all anymore. Or one should study Wikicarpedia or screen all the messages on this forum on a daily base. And even then, it stays a mess...

I have to say that I'm slowly starting to lose interest in this game with all this chaos around. And I used to be a real hard-core fan...

Meepledrone:
One of the premises is that not all the expansions are designed to be combined in the same game. In the end, many of the expansions would get diluted if you combine them all. Besides, the game cannot be asstrategic as a smaller one of course.

We are trying to cover all the interactions just for the sake of it (Is it a professional bias as a computer scientist to cover all edge cases for a correct implementation? I daresay so). And bear in mind that we are addressing cases that may never happen in real life in a Mega Carcassonne game... It see them as a mind exercise.

In any case, I would separate the love for the game from gaps in the definition of expansion interactions. It will take some time to get a satisfactory official reply, but we have enough background to define a set of community rules to cope with those gaps in a consistent manner. This may become an collective exercise in the meantime.

We can consider the C1 rules after the clarifications from 10/2015 are practically closed. The issue is that some of those clarifications departed from the original intent, so HiG is correcting course for some of them. After so many years discussing Halfings and double-sized tiles, the issue was settled so square spaces won over individual tiles. All the geometry strains have been put to rest. I wouldn't say that the 30% of the rules are undefined... I would rather consider that the larger the rules body is, the more gaps you may find... And this is a normal thing.

I'm working from time to time in putting all the clarifications together in one large WICA page so we can filter in or out what elements to display. Maybe I should create an XLS file first to analyze each interaction in detail... Still toying with the idea in my head.

Regarding the quiz, I always tried to avoid undefined interactions at the time. The C2 rules are simpler in some cases although some of the clarifications were obtained after the latest quiz. It is simpler to combine only a few elements than throwing everything into the pot. I tried a large scenario in summer 2019 and it was a nightmare and totally prone to error...

https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4369.0

So simpler cases may help focus everyone's energy and attention on those important details and nuances. You know, divide and conquer!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version