Carc Central Community > Quizzes, Puzzles and Challenges

Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXVIII

(1/18) > >>

danisthirty:
I’m not normally someone who says "Yikes", but December is now just two days away. Yikes! :o

One of my favourite December traditions is the Carcassonne Central Advent Quiz which is now in its fourth year (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)! It’s a great opportunity to review what’s happened over the course of the year within our little community, and to test your knowledge of who said what (or at least your ability to use the Search feature anyway).

My hope is that it will be more fun than opening a new window on your advent calendar each day anyway (although probably not as tasty as eating the little chocolate that was behind it)...

Here’s a quick recap/ update of the rules for anyone who hasn’t taken part in one of our previous quizzes:

--- Quote from: danisthirty on November 15, 2017, 09:22:37 AM ---- Between the 1st and 24th December I will post a single question each day (at a random time), to which the answer will be the name of a member of our community here at CarcC. Going on previous experience, it seems likely that most questions will be fairly easy for most people to answer (I'm the one posing them after all :P), but I won't ever ask anything that a quick and/ or cunning search of the forums won't reveal.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: danisthirty on November 15, 2017, 09:22:37 AM ---- When you know the answer, don't post it on this thread! :-X Because then everyone will know, and we don't want that. Instead, send me a PM including the question number and your answer for that day. I won't respond to your PM (please don't be offended), but if you get the answer correct you will win one or more quiz points depending on how many others have answered it correctly before you: 3 points for the first person to provide a correct answer, 2 points to the second and 1 point for anyone else who answers correctly. C:-)

--- End quote ---

Based on feedback from last year I am extending the range of points on offer this year as follows:

1st correct answer5 points2nd correct answer4 points3rd correct answer3 points4th correct answer2 pointsAll subsequent correct answers   1 point

--- Quote from: danisthirty on November 15, 2017, 09:22:37 AM ---- There's no cut-off date for any particular questions so don't despair if you miss any. You can even answer all 24 questions on Christmas eve if you want, but don't expect to score big overall...

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: danisthirty on November 15, 2017, 09:22:37 AM ---- Once Christmas and boxing day are behind us, I will post the correct answers – one at a time – along with who won the big points (or indeed any points) and total scores per participant. This is where it gets really fun! :o :(y)

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: danisthirty on November 15, 2017, 09:22:37 AM ---- The overall winner will be the person with the most points at the end of the quiz, but there is likely to be a small prize for everyone who answers all questions regardless of whether they manage to answer any of them correctly. Last year I gave away something very special indeed, and I'm hoping to think of something even more specialer between now and the end of the quiz. But obviously it will be a surprise. O:-)

--- End quote ---

Since I still haven't posted the prizes from last year I don't want to get myself even further into debt here, so this year will be for fun and bragging rights only.

Any questions, please ask now. Otherwise, you can expect question 1 of 24 sometime on Saturday! O0

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4145.0

Rosco:
Good news!  Thanks for doing this again Dan.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Sinscerly:
let's rock this O0

Great you keep doing this :D

Piet_Agoras:
Allright! Looking forward to this :)

dronedrone:
It's "White Rabbits" day
In a galaxy far, far away, the Star Wars Advent Calendar awaitsI'm in
Yikes indeed  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index