Author Topic: [Ideas | Predictions] Upcoming Expansions  (Read 16003 times)

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
Re: [Ideas | Predictions] Upcoming Expansions
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2017, 08:45:21 AM »
release in the new art as Carcassonne: Germany Takes Over.

"... With Help from Japan." ???

Still waiting for Italian Monasteries to complete the set. >:D

After that, then American Monuments ... but they don't get shuffled into the tile stack until the game is already under way. :P
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2017, 10:43:25 PM »
I think we wont see anything big whats new soon. They need to make a profit on the new edition first..

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2017, 01:20:08 AM »
It would be great to see a UK promo.  Castles or something similar

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Just lay the damn tile!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2017, 03:26:12 AM »
It would be great to see a UK promo.  Castles or something similar

Carcassonne: "UK Castles or Something Similar"

Like it! :)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2017, 03:44:51 AM »
It looks like the creative energy for national castles/monasteries/cathedrals has died down quite a bit. After the original German monasteries, the Dutch monasteries came soon after and Devir held a poll about which monasteries to include for Spanish monasteries. At that point, it seemed like the floodgates would open and we'd see a lot of 'national' stuff. But since then, it's been only the German originals except for the Japanese temples.

Offline Vinçon

• Vassal
  • Merit: 5
  • Why you have to be mad?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2017, 04:47:05 AM »
It looks like the creative energy for national castles/monasteries/cathedrals has died down quite a bit. After the original German monasteries, the Dutch monasteries came soon after and Devir held a poll about which monasteries to include for Spanish monasteries. At that point, it seemed like the floodgates would open and we'd see a lot of 'national' stuff. But since then, it's been only the German originals except for the Japanese temples.

I got a nice one for Devir's in case they release something: "Sagrada Familia Tile".

It is a cathedral type of tile. When you draw it put it in the regular city placement. You can't finish the city. Ever.  ::)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2017, 05:02:04 AM »

I got a nice one for Devir's in case they release something: "Sagrada Familia Tile".

It is a cathedral type of tile. When you draw it put it in the regular city placement. You can't finish the city. Ever.  ::)

Very thematic! :(y) :(y)

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2017, 10:47:39 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline flipshot

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
  • Is it time to play or sleep?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2017, 08:27:21 AM »
So when I made my Germany Takes Over comment, I was thinking more like in a "euro-gaming" way, not in a "WWII" way. I personally think Germans are awesome, and I'm trying to learn German so I can know what's going on when I eventually make it to Essen someday. It doesn't look like anyone was offended, but if they were, I just want to clarify that it was not my intention.

Offline SamoolSamosa

• Freeman
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2017, 12:11:11 PM »

Love it lol

Offline Mr Meeple

• Freeman
  • Merit: 6
  • Carcassonne <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2017, 01:02:55 PM »
Even if it will never happen, it would be nice if they publish an official and non sticker version of La Porxada  ;)

Also I'm thinking of tiles with the same function as the Cathedral for cities, but for streets  ::)

The best news would be, that they will print new (major) expansions in the old design as well - but I know that this sadly is just an illusion.

At the end it will be a new big box with the wheel of fortune in the new design  ;D

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »

Also I'm thinking of tiles with the same function as the Cathedral for cities, but for streets 

There is- the inns

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2017, 01:44:04 PM »
So when I made my Germany Takes Over comment, I was thinking more like in a "euro-gaming" way, not in a "WWII" way. I personally think Germans are awesome, and I'm trying to learn German so I can know what's going on when I eventually make it to Essen someday. It doesn't look like anyone was offended, but if they were, I just want to clarify that it was not my intention.

I don't think anyone took your comments that way. If any offense was to be taken, it would probably have been because of me and my dumb little joke. Obviously nobody at HiG is trying to make any kind of "statement" with the German and Japanese tiles; it's just that in those countries there were marketing reasons to want "local interest" game components, same as the Russian folklore tiles and La Porxada. Naturally in the context of WWII, the specific combination of the nations involved here (France/Germany/Japan) and the direction of the relationship (German stuff coming into France) has a little bit of what marketers call "bad optics" and lends itself to a little ribbing. I hope that by also making fun of America's "late arrival" it was clear that I was joking around and being an equal-opportunity smart-aleck.

I too love Germans and their culture, and have dabbled in the language myself. I miss my old colleague Bernd who was helping me learn.

Offline Mr Meeple

• Freeman
  • Merit: 6
  • Carcassonne <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2017, 01:56:08 PM »

Also I'm thinking of tiles with the same function as the Cathedral for cities, but for streets 

There is- the inns

You are absolutely right, sry I wrote it not precise enough. I was thinking of (one or two) tiles that triple the points if a street is finished.

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2017, 02:45:14 PM »
You are absolutely right, sry I wrote it not precise enough. I was thinking of (one or two) tiles that triple the points if a street is finished.

The Cathedral doesn't triple, though, it adds 50%. But I'm not sure a multiplier is actually the most consistent way to look at it. I think of Cathedrals and Inns as both adding 1 per segment/pennant, so I see them as parallel.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
2019 Predictions / Hopes for Carc II :)

Started by Eloniel

6 Replies
Last post December 29, 2018, 05:14:27 PM
by Eloniel
xx
Predictions and hopes for the next Carcassonne Around the world

Started by quevy

11 Replies
Last post October 19, 2014, 04:58:10 PM