Carc Central Community > Quizzes, Puzzles and Challenges

Winter Edition Solitaire (can you beat 82?)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Fritz_Spinne:
Why not try to make a chain of cities so you can score them in two fields?

jungleboy:
Nice idea but quite difficult with only 20 tiles!

SRBO:
Well i tried a few times.. really have a problem with meeplemanagement

Took them a little to fast so its a little blurry and i wasnt very good in counting so i had to redo that! xd

Seems to me that the bad luck is in the big citys.. and indeed the cloister with road is very powerfull

jungleboy:
I played again today and was less successful, with scores ranging from 35 to 66. But I must reiterate that the winter tiles are beautiful and I always enjoy playing with them.

Game 1 - 52 points

Unfortunately I had to discard the CCCC tile early on which wasn't a good start. I managed to complete three cities and lay two farmers.

Game 2 - 35 points

I drew the two cloister-road tiles on my second and third turns. I decided to gamble and put monks on both of them. I finished one but not the other, and this was my worst score so far (my only score under 50 in 12 games). Completing my city would have made it respectable.

Game 3 - 53 points

I drew one of my favourite tiles, the CCCC tile with four different cities, and chose to play the farmer in the middle, who ended up being worth 9 points. But my main city got too big and was impossible to finish with only 20 tiles.

Game 4 - 66 points

This was my best game of the day. I closed four cities and with about five tiles left I had all my meeples back. This allowed me to strategically place four farmers in four different farms for a total of 21 farm points.

Guy:
Late farming. An excellent technique of you've got the meeple! Haven't had a chance to try this out yet but will post as soon as I do.

Guy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version