Author Topic: Order of the Meeple: Challenge Matches  (Read 57659 times)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Meeple: Challenge Matches
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 01:48:24 AM »

Jere well done !! I see you "on fire"
very good results.
sorry dan.

by the way , how I can know if I have the option to challenge someone ? I have doubts about it ¿Could someone tell me?

Thanks jacobo!  :)

To challenge you need to be a Blue member.  If I am not mistaken, you only miss one achievement to reach Blue level, which is finishing in the top 8 at the World Cup. Almost there!! :o

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 01:35:11 AM »
I wrote a fairly lengthy reply about my 2 games with Jere but must have forgotten to have posted it... :-[

In short, they were great games! I did feel like I'd perhaps played a better game and deserved the win in the first game, but Jere certainly deserved the win in the second game; I was amazed he only took it by 2 points! Well player sir! :(y)

Anyway, another month another set of challenges. I hereby challenge Jere and MrNumbers whenever they have some free time. I think I need all the practice I can get at the moment so some head-to-heads practice against two of my most feared opponents will be a good place to start! 8)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 05:56:06 AM »
I accept the challenge (forgot I had to reply here! sorry.)

I can play:
  • Tonight after my League game vs Jacobo (at 19:00)
  • Tomorrow evening (19:00-23:00)
  • This saturday

Not available June 21-26. Pretty free after that.

Let me know.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 05:59:28 AM by Jéré »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 12:10:26 PM »
I accept the challenge (forgot I had to reply here! sorry.)

I can play:
  • Tonight after my League game vs Jacobo (at 19:00)
  • Tomorrow evening (19:00-23:00)
  • This saturday

Not available June 21-26. Pretty free after that.

Let me know.

I am available for the next few hours probably. Or failing that, tomorrow evening should be fine. :(y)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 01:19:53 AM »
I had 3 great games with Jéré last night. Don't have time for a full analysis, but will post some quick comments with each of the screenshots below:

Game 1:

Woohoo! 1 - 0 up against Jéré doesn't happen very often in my world so this was a great start. Jéré trapped 2 of my meeples quite early on; one in a city for 1 point and 1 farmer who failed to join the main farm (0 points). With this handicap I didn't even bother placing any farmers until it already seemed too late, but ended up managing to draw it after putting myself in a position where I needed the final fffr cloister (which I drew). If I hadn't drawn it, Jéré would have won. Likewise, if Jéré had drawn one of the 2 (or possibly even 3) remaining cccf tiles he could have taken my city in the north-west corner and outnumbered me 3 - 1 which would also have won him the game. So, luck was on my side for this one... :D

Game 2:

I really felt like I was in control of this game after getting off to a good start with a few cities and then being the first to claim the main farm. I killed a city of mine that Jéré was trying to share which trapped both of our meeples but gave me 4-point advantage in doing so. I also started building a big city which wasn't entirely on purpose but served as a good place to dump city tiles that I didn't want to use elsewhere. Inevitably Jéré wanted in on this action and joined it without difficulty, which on top of the multiple cloisters that he kept drawing (and completing) meant that I began to lose my grip on the game. The farm was a constant battle which ended up being tied with 3 farmers each so my last hope was to win back my big city (east) with my one remaining meeple. The final 2 tiles were a cccr and a frfr. If I'd drawn the cccr I could have taken the city outright, but would still have lost by 1 point. So despite a promising start, Jéré fought back for a well-deserved win! :(

Game 3:

Bah. This was the worst of the three as far as I was concerned. From early on, Jéré tried to trap two of my meeples in a cloister and a small city but I was able to defend it such that my cloister at least could be completed if I drew one of the three remaining cfrr tiles. However, Jéré drew all three of them which didn't help. Elsewhere in the game, we both shared a nice long road and a respectable (but incomplete city) in the north. Jéré tried to take the road outright but I cut him off, and neither of us attempted to take either shared feature for ourselves after this. With a lot of help from some favourable tiles I was able to get the city in the south east to within 1 tile of completion before Jéré made completing it without him impossible. Naturally, I then drew the tile I'd been waiting for to close it, but which was now useless to me. >:( I didn't really have the meeples available to fight back and take the city outright, but hoped he wouldn't draw the cccf he needed to share it with me. Unfortunately though, he did. I drew a lot of road tiles in the second half of the game but was usually able to use them to win some points so can't complain about that. I was very lucky to complete a 5-tile city (just above the outnumbered blue farmer) too. In the end though, it was another game that Jéré deserved to win after going for the main farm with 3 farmers and then forcing my lone farmer onto the same farm to rob me of 6 points and generate 3 for himself from the extra city. Without this, it could have been a narrow win for me, but I won't complain about that either as I feel Jéré was certainly the better player on the day.

Congratulations on your wins Jéré, looking forward to July already! :D :(y)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 01:20:48 PM by danisthirty »

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 02:12:42 AM »
Good descriptions as usual, Dan!  :(y)

After this Tower league disaster, I was REALLY HUNGRY for wins... sorry that you've been the victim.  :)

That was also a good practice for the final of the French National Championship in a bit more than a week! Many thanks for that!

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 01:18:49 AM »
MrNumbers, I challenge you!  C:-)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 02:55:25 AM »
OK, see you on the ring! 8)
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 07:08:31 AM »
OK, see you on the ring! 8)
Brave man! I'm pretty available this week and next week too. Anytime in the evening!

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 03:10:05 PM »
Just played a "best of 3" challenge vs MrNumbers. Before we started, we were discussing that we both did not play much lately and were a bit rusty...

Game 1:

:red-meeple: MrNumbers107
:yellow-meeple: Jéré97

Strange game. Very low score for first half of the game. MrNumbers took the lead early and kept it the whole game. He played super well and made sure I never had a chance to come back.

Game 2:

:red-meeple: MrNumbers83
:yellow-meeple: Jéré85

Game started in a similar fashion but it was more tight this time. Really thought I'd lose as I waited too long to connect the fields in the south-east with a curved road... Got one or two but used them somewhere else and at the end I trapped my own meeple and later MrNumbers added another farmer to score 2 x 9pts. MrNumbers mentioned that his mistake was to claim the road in the west... but I think I got 2 tiles what he needed to close this road towards the end. Won by only 2 points.

Game 3:

:red-meeple: MrNumbers66
:yellow-meeple: Jéré89

Finally the tie-breaker! Tough game for MrNumbers. I got the tiles I needed, the opposite for him. At some point, I thought he would come back as I was waiting for a curved road for the entire 2nd half of the game and I needed some meeples back to my supply... That was the only thing that didn't work for me, for the rest no complains, I can say that the luck was on my side. Then we needed the same tile: MrNumbers to finish a 16-point city, me to steal the main field (18pts). I got it.

Thanks MrNumbers for the games!  :(y)

With the other challenge won against Dan last June, I should get the Black achievement. yay!  :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:13:04 PM by Jéré »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 03:17:57 PM »
With the other challenge won against Dan last June, I should get the Black achievement. yay!  :)

Well done Jéré: Black-6 is yours! :(y)

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2017, 02:50:43 PM »
Who can I challenge?

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Just lay the damn tile!

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2017, 11:49:08 PM »
Who can I challenge?

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

The other 2 blues (Leven and jungleboy) as well as the reds (MrNumbers, danisthirty and Jéré).

Full list here:  http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1618.msg40495#msg40495

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 02:48:44 AM »
After kindly letting him win the "friendly" game we played last night (a well-deserved 9 point victory for him) I hereby challenge Jere...

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2017, 04:05:02 AM »
I accept! Tonight is best for me.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
1 Gold Meeple 1 Silber Meeple 1 Bronce Meeple

Started by nili3000042

4 Replies
Last post March 21, 2022, 07:46:56 AM
by Halfling
xx
How are people playing competition matches?

Started by rfielder

6 Replies
Last post March 02, 2015, 08:24:28 AM
by jma03
clip
T & B League: Final Matches

Started by jungleboy

41 Replies
Last post March 16, 2015, 04:23:18 AM
by danisthirty
xx
The Order of the Meeple