Author Topic: I Love the Landscape!  (Read 9989 times)

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
  • Merit: 34
  • Fight, Flight, Freeze ..... or Play :)
    • View Profile
Re: I Love the Landscape!
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2023, 11:40:14 PM »
We also played ..... with the 3D starter... :D

- it’s fun  ;D
- the 3D start feels different because the game only develops in one direction
- our house rules: the table edge does not finish features but the city of Carcassonne does (like maps)
- on the top of the 3D inlay all marks have to be respected for tile placement (I learned from @Meepledrone that this is madatory anyway  ;) )

This was also our first game with chrono meeples (by @stepukiss ) and the tactician (by Gwommy, digged up recently by @kothmann )
we really liked them, both might become a regular component of our games  :D

PS: in our game, the tactician can be used multiple times; we call the chrono meeple "the jumper"  ;D

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2023, 12:05:12 AM »

I spotted:

Flying machines
Gambler’s luck
Traders & builders
Inns & cathedrals
Halflings
Phantom
Royal Gateways
Castles in Germany
City bridges
Great fairs
Giants
Bards
Signposts
River
Obelisk
Windmill
Abbot

And some expansions I don’t know:
Red halflings?
…. ??

Cool
Just corrections
Flying machines 2
Halfling Abbeys
River 2

And not playing Giants :)

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
  • Merit: 92
  • Oh! That’s interesting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2023, 06:46:18 AM »
Nice!  I’m imagining an epic battle for that Cathedral city too center, with the city bridge providing a dramatic finish?

Thanks for sharing.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2023, 03:08:09 PM »

I spotted:

Flying machines
Gambler’s luck
Traders & builders
Inns & cathedrals
Halflings
Phantom
Royal Gateways
Castles in Germany
City bridges
Great fairs
Giants
Bards
Signposts
River
Obelisk
Windmill
Abbot

And some expansions I don’t know:
Red halflings?
…. ??

Cool
Just corrections
Flying machines 2
Halfling Abbeys
River 2

And not playing Giants :)

Oh. I forgot, were playing also Fortune Teller

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2023, 08:44:17 PM »
My wife and I played a 31-tile (15 turns each), 5-meeple game in Charlottesville, Virginia, on the day our son graduated from college!  :blue-meeple: :orange-meeple:

Blue got all 3 cloisters in the game, one of which extended the farm to the cities at the bottom of the landscape.  Blue also glommed on to Red’s 5-point road at the top.  The largest city was also shared.  Final score Blue 57, Red 48. 

It pays to keep a small travel-size-tile Carc game in your pocket wherever you go!  >:D

Offline Ker42

• Count
  • Merit: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2023, 06:54:48 AM »
Kudos to your travel-sized game!  And to your graduating son, the secondary reason for being there.   ;D
It's all fun and games...until the Mirror Zone comes out.

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2023, 08:24:24 AM »
i would almost forget, but a few days ago, @unclewill , @MMike and myself played a nice game, with a nice landscape at the end:

We used several expansion, with interesting combinations. We wanted to use the Plague tiles, but the rules don't really combine nicely with other expansions, so we decided it was more a nuclear plague, rather than the normal plague that spreads through the rats. When placing a plague tile, all meeple on the connected features would be removed, as well as any farmers on the 8 surrounding tiles. This proved to be deciding at several points in the game, and MMike was the last one to be able to use one and gain control over a large field
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 207
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2023, 10:49:21 AM »
What's the brown tile next to the start tile in the centre of the board (picture)? I don't recognise it.
AutumnForest (C2), Catch Of The Day (C1/2/WD), Cliffs&W'falls (C1/2), Coast (C1/2), FishHuts (C2), Fluvium (C2), NewForest (C2), Harvest (C1/2), Stone Circles (C1/2), Wells (C2), Jordan River 2 (AotC), River I/II (GR)
Devt: Sakura (C2), WinterEdge (C1), WinterCoast (WD/WE) and others

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
  • Merit: 34
  • Fight, Flight, Freeze ..... or Play :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2023, 11:19:40 AM »
looks like the Spiel'01 Tile  8)

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2023, 11:40:27 AM »
…MMike was the last one to be able to use one and gain control over a large field
The largest field is very big indeed!  Did that win the game?

I’m curious whether you think playing with City Gates tends to create big fields?  Maybe I’m just accustomed to games with GQ and especially T&B, which tend to prevent the mega-field.

Thanks for sharing!

Offline Snearone

• Duke
  • Merit: 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2023, 01:29:45 PM »
What's the brown tile next to the start tile in the centre of the board (picture)? I don't recognise it.

Brazilian metal tile?
https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1205.msg78989#msg78989
Completed: Robber's Son | Gambler's Luck | Vistas Revisited | First Wells | The Flying Machines 2
WIP: The Occult Tower | Binding Deed | Wandering Preachers | City Gates Rebuilt | New King's Orders

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 207
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2023, 03:35:50 PM »
Thanks, that looks to be it. It was just I didn't think I'd seen it when creating the fan expansion data sets for WICA.

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2023, 10:51:52 PM »

It is indeed a metal tile from Brazil  :) this is a bronze version of the tile, which was given at prize (for 3rd place) at local tournaments.
We used it as our starting tile (I just happened to draw another starting tile as the first tile, so of course placed it next to it)

The largest field is very big indeed!  Did that win the game?

It solidified the win, but I seem to recall MMike was already nicely in the lead before the field was scored

I’m curious whether you think playing with City Gates tends to create big fields?  Maybe I’m just accustomed to games with GQ and especially T&B, which tend to prevent the mega-field.
It was the first time I played with the City Gates, and I like them! I think they help with creating big fields, also as they add a lot of possible tile configurations, which opens up the way for more complex cities to be completed and fields to be worth more

Also, you can barely spot them, but we also played with @Snearone 's New King's Orders! I love this expansion, as a sort of Secret Mission during the game. I did very well with them at the early game, building up a significant lead of about 30 points, only to stall midway through the game and coming in 3rd at the end due to the good farming of MMike and UncleWill

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2023, 07:16:34 AM »

It was the first time I played with the City Gates, and I like them! I think they help with creating big fields,

I'm not sure about it. Usually it is very useful to block large fields due to configurations where cities are ending on tile corners. But some tiles can helps farmers. That's true.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2023, 03:36:49 AM »
I have been playing with The Ciy Gates for the last few months and didn't have that impression in any of our games... I will keep an eye to see any hints of it...

In our case, we played also with the City of Carcassone tableaux as the starting tile(s) and we got a huge field caused by a monastery-with-road tile ending a road coming out of Carcassonne at the very beginning of the game. The field around the monastery connected 2/3 of the fields surrounding Carcassonne. The field war was on of course from this point on (tile #3 of the game)... >:D
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
CC-MasterMind-Landscape 3x3-tiles - riddle 2

Started by kettlefish

15 Replies
Last post July 31, 2017, 04:47:42 PM
by wolnic
xx
Builder's Double turn + Message #4 (Add a Landscape Tile) doubts

Started by ac1982

6 Replies
Last post March 12, 2022, 01:10:04 AM