Author Topic: Jubilee Speculation Thread  (Read 16580 times)

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Jubilee Speculation Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2021, 10:10:19 PM »
Even Swiss made products are cheaper abroad , it's often interesting to buy them online abroad even with the shipping costs :o

Errrr. Errrrrr...resisting the urge to delve in geo-economical political and policy decisions .... >:D

Success!

:pink-meeple:

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2021, 12:57:56 AM »
For those decrying cheaper US prices, remember that all Euro prices include VAT/GST. American prices have that added on. Sure it's usually no more than 8.5%, but that's still on top of the list price. So a $40 game is actually $43.50 after tax, while a €40 game is currently $47.25. Still a bit more, but not quite so much.

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2021, 12:46:16 PM »
So the new tiles have arrows and they let you add a follower to another of your followers, add a follower to an unoccupied / incomplete feature, or take another turn.   Who phoned this in?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2021, 12:48:31 PM »
The Czech publisher decided to publish the rules about 2 months before anyone else.

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2021, 12:49:28 PM »
I meant who barely put any thought into the rules  :(n)

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2021, 12:53:30 PM »
Ah, I think it's a pretty reasonable expansion. The invocation of the tiles is novel, and the actions are quite powerful for the base game. Remember this is a refresh of the base game release. Probably targeting new players considering buying a copy as much as the old timers. The double meeple is a little strange, but I think the other two actions are game changers.

Ultimately one of the tiles has a Hans Im Glueck statue in it, so I'm sold.

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2021, 01:01:25 PM »
You were probably going to buy it regardless.   I would too if I had everything else that they made. 

I don't have a new art base set and was considering getting this, but I really don't want to give them money for this half hearted attempt.  I also need to talk other people out of buying it for me.   :-\
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 01:03:00 PM by dirk2112 »

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2021, 02:35:13 PM »
Thanks for sharing. It looks like the meeples are painted, not stickered, this may make them interesting  :yellow-meeple:

They do look painted, but the descriptions states "meeple stickers" on the Z-man page.

These pictureas are CGI renders, so this is reason why you didn't see "sticker".
Check edges of tiles, they are not rounded from top to sides. And also there is no UV printed on river.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2021, 02:36:10 PM »
Spelspul.nl has a pre-order at 30 euro :)
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2021, 11:38:32 PM »
So the new tiles have arrows and they let you add a follower to another of your followers, add a follower to an unoccupied / incomplete feature, or take another turn.   Who phoned this in?
I analyzed impact of these mini expansion and I can say it's good. It brings another random effect to the game and what is good it is in basa game.
When I spoke with some players they initial start up is Basic game, River (II or I - in this order), Expansion 1 and Expansion 2. This combination are for them "basic setup" or "complete basic game" - it means BigBox 6 without minis.

Anyway that add another meeple to your meeple is very good to have it in "basic" game. When you place tile and you have not majority on finished feature, you can turn points to your side! With add meeple you can get majority and win all points or, you can feature you was loosing with added meeple go to majority and got points for it.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2021, 12:42:25 AM »
You were probably going to buy it regardless.   I would too if I had everything else that they made. 

That's a fair shout.  At least the box isn't meeple shaped. I hate that thing, it never fits on the shelf  :'(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 03:44:05 AM by Decar »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2021, 02:06:45 AM »
I've been thinking that now that a base game bundle includes double-sized tiles, magic portals and adding multiple meeples to the same feature on a tile, HiG should be open to clarify some situations involving mini expansions. Let's see if this can happen. Maybe they would gracefully decline to clarify some cases, but now you can generate all kinds of insteresting situations with the new double-sized river source tile alone involving watchtowers, ringmasters, the big top, castles, German castles... in combination with the Jubilee expansion

I have mixed feelings about this, since there are a number of situations that may show up when scoring for occupied square spaces (areas) that haven't been clarified yet, for example:
* Triggering a watchtower scoring with multiple meeples:
   - Multiple meeples may occupy the same city or road segment on a watchtower tile.
   - Multiple meeples may occupy the several city or road segment on a watchtower tile.
* Watchtowers scoring for meeples:
   - Meeples to consider on adjacent double-sized tiles: full tile vs. only adjacent halves.
   - Edge cases: roads and fields spanning across a double-sized tile
   - Scoring order when several completed features trigger the scoring of the same watchtower
* Watchtowers scoring for roads:
   - Areas with roads to consider on adjacent double-sized tiles: full tile vs. only adjacent halves.
   - Road segments counted by area or by full tile: considering different cases involving double-sized tiles and halfings
   - Edge cases: road regments spanning across a double-sized tile (Leipzig tiles)
* Watchtowers scoring for cities:
   - Areas with roads to consider on adjacent double-sized tiles: full tile vs. only adjacent halves.
* Ringmasters deployed to the new river source:
   - Area considered for bonus points when placed on the city segment, the road, on field on one half of the tile or spanning across the two halves
   - Any updated to rules ringmasters in a castle built overlapping the new river source
* Big Top scoring:
   - Meeples to consider on adjacent double-sized tiles: full tile vs. only adjacent halves.
   - Meeples to consider on castles overlapping adjacent double-sized tiles: full tile vs. only adjacent halves.
   - Edge cases: roads and fields spanning across a double-sized tile

Any clarification should cover all double-sized tiles due to their shared geometry... But some open issues may remain without an official confirmation regarding castles, German castles or Leipzig...

Let's see what happens.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline rivellangel

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 1
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2021, 01:38:49 PM »

That's a fair shout.  At least the box isn't meeple shaped. I hate that thing, it never fits on the shelf  :'(

They atleast game a big supply of "phantoms"  O0, but o that box isn't fitting anywhere normal...

@meepledrone, I really hope they are going to offer some insights or more context about the double tiles.

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2021, 12:22:03 AM »
How will this new river be classified? River 4? the river 20th?  :o

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The Festivals' differences (cundco.de and jubilee)

Started by Caciej

6 Replies
Last post June 30, 2017, 12:55:28 PM
by Mikeagan
xx
2017 Big Box - content speculation

Started by jungleboy

33 Replies
Last post July 16, 2017, 02:44:20 AM
by Decar
xx
20th Anniversary edition speculation #2

Started by gabrielgeek

31 Replies
Last post April 20, 2021, 03:32:33 AM
by corinthiens13
clip
Speculation: What will be next product for 20 years of Carcassonne?

Started by Bumsakalaka

48 Replies
Last post May 07, 2021, 10:54:01 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Test thread for any member, the Umlauts challenge

Started by Paul

20 Replies
Last post July 11, 2014, 07:14:13 AM
by Jéré