Author Topic: The Dragon  (Read 3357 times)

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
  • Merit: 34
  • Fight, Flight, Freeze ..... or Play :)
    • View Profile
Re: The Dragon
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2021, 06:25:10 AM »
One more time: I have to ask another question!  If an Abbot was removed from a garden or Monastery when it was surrounded by less than 8 tile, the garden or Monastery will be scored for less than 9 points, but the feature is not complete!  If the last surrounding tile has not been placed yet, can the Magic Portal send another Abbot the same incomplete garden or Monastery? Or a meeple back to the incomplete Monastery?

Very good question! I have always been asking myself the same!
If it's considered incomplete then all works fine,
if it's considered complete then you need some kind or marker to remember that this one has already been scored...

Looking forward to the answer myself, thanks for asking!!

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2021, 06:30:48 AM »
The fairy does not protect from the princess.

The fairy always remain on its tile until a player moves it, it is never returned to the supply, even if the meeple it is assigned to is removed. It keeps preventing the dragon from going on that tile.

The fairy 3 points is part of the bonus points when scoring a feature. If a meeple with fairy is removed by a princess (or by any other way), that is before scoring the feature so there's no fairy 3 points  :yellow-meeple:

I think those informations are in footnotes in WICA.

I added some clarifications about the fairy here, including about the case you were discussing:
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Princess_and_The_Dragon#Additional_clarifications
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2021, 06:42:38 AM »
One more time: I have to ask another question!  If an Abbot was removed from a garden or Monastery when it was surrounded by less than 8 tile, the garden or Monastery will be scored for less than 9 points, but the feature is not complete!  If the last surrounding tile has not been placed yet, can the Magic Portal send another Abbot the same incomplete garden or Monastery? Or a meeple back to the incomplete Monastery?

if it's considered complete then you need some kind or marker to remember that this one has already been scored...

Once you place a tile that completes a feature, the feature is considered complete at the end of 1. Placing a tile. Therefore if a magic portal or a flying machine tile completes a feature, you will not be allowed to occupy the feature just completed with the magic portal or flying machine on the tile.

You can see this in the following clarifications:
* General note: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Base_game#cite_note-15
* Magic portals: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Princess_and_The_Dragon#cite_note-13
* Flying machines: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Flier#cite_note-2

You can also check these examples illustrating dos and don'ts for flying machines:
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Flier#Additional_clarifications

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2021, 07:37:08 AM »

Once you place a tile that completes a feature, the feature is considered complete at the end of 1. Placing a tile. Therefore if a magic portal or a flying machine tile completes a feature, you will not be allowed to occupy the feature just completed with the magic portal or flying machine on the tile.

You can see this in the following clarifications:
* General note: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Base_game#cite_note-15
* Magic portals: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Princess_and_The_Dragon#cite_note-13
* Flying machines: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Flier#cite_note-2

You can also check these examples illustrating dos and don'ts for flying machines:
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Flier#Additional_clarifications

Thanks for the reply!
I seem to be blind or today is not my day or I do not understand your reply correctly but I cannot see the answer to our question in your links... :-[

May I re-formulate the question:
I want to send an abbot/meeple through the magic portal. Can it land on a monastery that is not completed but has been partially scored previously by an abbot (abbot moved away and scored = special move of abbot)?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2021, 09:13:14 AM »
Yes, you can occupy the same monastery or garden several times with an abbot. This means you can remove and score the abbot several times and then score the feature once it is complete.

Scoring an abbot is similar to scoring a monastery/garden at  the end of the game, but it is not the same.
The abbot does not receive any bonuses a completed monastery or garden would receive when scoring it (vineyardd for monasteries, fairy 3-point bonus...).

Hope this helps. In my previous answer I was focusing on when you can occupy multiple times a feature (a monastery or garden) and covering the edge case dealing with the magic portal/flying machine tile completing the feature you "would like" to occupy but not possible.

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2021, 10:21:22 AM »
Yes, you can occupy the same monastery or garden several times with an abbot. This means you can remove and score the abbot several times and then score the feature once it is complete.

Scoring an abbot is similar to scoring a monastery/garden at  the end of the game, but it is not the same.
The abbot does not receive any bonuses a completed monastery or garden would receive when scoring it (vineyardd for monasteries, fairy 3-point bonus...).

Hope this helps. In my previous answer I was focusing on when you can occupy multiple times a feature (a monastery or garden) and covering the edge case dealing with the magic portal/flying machine tile completing the feature you "would like" to occupy but not possible.

Thank you! This helped - now it's cristal clear  :(y)

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
  • Merit: 92
  • Oh! That’s interesting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2021, 12:29:08 PM »
I think I found the answer in a footnote on the Wikicarpedia page for Abbot:
the abbot can use a magic portal…However, the abbot can only end up on an unfinished monastery or garden, and the monastery or garden must be unclaimed if using the magic portal.

Exp3 is so complicated—I don’t think I’ve ever played with all the rules.  Your tenacity in understanding the rules has inspired me to try next week when family is in town…

Good luck with your game.  Please report back how you all liked it!

https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Abbot#cite_note-7

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
  • Merit: 92
  • Oh! That’s interesting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2021, 12:30:12 PM »
Oops—missed page 2 of the conversation!  sorry about that!

Offline KBellon

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2021, 05:37:19 AM »

Yes it can, as the feature is not completed indeed  ^-^

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
when move the dragon?in the expansion princess and dragon

Started by davide

3 Replies
Last post August 29, 2020, 05:41:41 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Solving the dragon-German castle situation?

Started by Valheru

4 Replies
Last post March 30, 2016, 06:31:13 AM
by GeorG
xx
Dragon Rage V2

Started by Dungeonmasterjoe

20 Replies
Last post February 24, 2020, 11:59:04 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
Dragon and Tollkeeper