Author Topic: WikiCarpedia: request corrections or submit suggestions here  (Read 72098 times)

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Re: WikiCarpedia: request corrections or submit suggestions here
« Reply #195 on: May 24, 2022, 05:41:12 AM »
In Game Reference in upper table is table with phases and activities during game.
But then visitor scrolls down, and when finished preparation of game, next chapter is final scoring.
So as this page is called Game Reference, I think it will be good to add between Preparation and final scoring also section for Order of play with links to proper pages because user can be confused.
So idea is to make better UX
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #196 on: May 24, 2022, 05:44:56 AM »
Another UX request is, if it's possible to make popup or tooltip for ROBBERS or ROBBER CHOISE on mouse over. this will be better for players didn't know this expansion and start to play with this expansion.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #197 on: May 24, 2022, 05:53:03 AM »
3. Maybe use same figure image in Order of play for robbers and robber choice like used in Scoring During Turn Sequence to be consistent on page. And also use that popup/tooltip on Scoring_During_Turn_Sequence page.

4. Same popup/tooltip for Castle token.

5. It is confusing that there are two different scoring during game pages Scoring_During_Turn_Sequence and Scoring_During_the_Game, I know that's based on CAR, but we can move on and use that new style, which is more detailed.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #198 on: May 24, 2022, 06:14:36 AM »
What do you think @Meepledrone?

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 207
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 24, 2022, 07:42:48 AM »
The falcon of Zamek version is coming soon…

Did you mean on WICA, or the Test Page? It's been on WICA for a few months ...
AutumnForest (C2), Catch Of The Day (C1/2/WD), Cliffs&W'falls (C1/2), Coast (C1/2), FishHuts (C2), Fluvium (C2), NewForest (C2), Harvest (C1/2), Stone Circles (C1/2), Wells (C2), Jordan River 2 (AotC), River I/II (GR)
Devt: Sakura (C2), WinterEdge (C1), WinterCoast (WD/WE) and others

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2022, 11:21:07 AM »
In Game Reference in upper table is table with phases and activities during game.
But then visitor scrolls down, and when finished preparation of game, next chapter is final scoring.
So as this page is called Game Reference, I think it will be good to add between Preparation and final scoring also section for Order of play with links to proper pages because user can be confused.
So idea is to make better UX

Maybe it would be better to split the page in three, so the actual Game Reference (global structure of the game), the Preparation (setup sequence) and Final Scoring (final sequence) are separate pages.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2022, 12:02:32 PM »
Another UX request is, if it's possible to make popup or tooltip for ROBBERS or ROBBER CHOISE on mouse over. this will be better for players didn't know this expansion and start to play with this expansion.

I think ROBBER CHOICE is an unneeded construct that stems from the need to make compatible the order of evaluation of the features according to their dependencies (e.g. castles and features completed in their fief) and the order the points are scored on the scoreboard (e.g. robbers and messengers)...

Normally we try to score using one loop driven with the points noted on the scoreboard to control robbers, messages, the teacher and meeples bathhouses... The order of scoring decided by players may clash 100% with the order features should be evaluated according to their dependencies and scoring rules (castles, watchtowers, tollhouses...).

If you are allowed to separate the evaluation of features from the scoring of the associated points in two separate steps when required (two independent loops for the most complex cases so to speak), you could accommodate any complex situation involving constraints. (I tried to discuss this with the HiG reps, but they couldn't cope with so much complexity... :'()

This separation may need you to jot down the points as you evaluate each feature and then each player may decide their order of scoring to manage everything happening on the scoreboard and its consequences with a global perspective:
* Figures to move on the scoreboard
* Points stolen by robbers
* Landing on dark spaces to receive messages
* Points to be received by the Teacher
* Meeples to be sent to a bathhouse (no loop needed, just designating the meeples affected)
Meeples would be removed when the points are finally noted on the scoreboard (second loop), not when features are evaluated (first loop). This would also avoid any issues when evaluating watchtowers scoring for meeples.

All in all, this is a change I've been thinking to reflect for a while so the ROBBER CHOICE artifact goes away.

Any comments? ;)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2022, 12:19:35 PM »
3. Maybe use same figure image in Order of play for robbers and robber choice like used in Scoring During Turn Sequence to be consistent on page. And also use that popup/tooltip on Scoring_During_Turn_Sequence page.

4. Same popup/tooltip for Castle token.

Another project is doing the Order of Play more visual, like the one in the Big Box rulebooks... ;)

5. It is confusing that there are two different scoring during game pages Scoring_During_Turn_Sequence and Scoring_During_the_Game, I know that's based on CAR, but we can move on and use that new style, which is more detailed.

The former requires some updates as soon as HiG confirms when following scorings take place:
* The Abbot (The C3 rules in German seem to indicate Step 3A although no other language includes this detail - previously, this would happen in Step 2B-1 according to Georg Wild)
* Shepherd flocks (Step 2C or Step 3A?)
* Acrobat pyramids (Step 2B-1 or Step 3A?)
* Fruit Actions (Step 2C or Step 3A?)

So far, I'm keeping the C2 approach for the sake of consistency until HiG clarifies this whole thing. Waiting since 11/2020 for a clear answer.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #203 on: May 27, 2022, 12:45:50 AM »
Ok. Land Surveyoras simulator.
I know that setup there is by rules. But it can be more UX when it will be divides to two rows
1. current scoring tiles
2. Upcomming scoring tiles.
And maybe on button add some text like Active player scores feature(s) - Choose next scoring tiles

Something like this:
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Land_Surveyors_Simulator/sk

Maybe it will be good to add some description about current scoring tiles, how this affect scoring.
But this will be maybe good to created over translatable templates which will be included here, and also on Land Surveyors page. To share "exact same" translation of explanation of each scoring card.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 28, 2022, 08:40:35 AM »
I stuck with the rules layout to make it fit in a cell phone screen: scoring tiles + buttons at a glance.

The layout you suggest requires me to scroll up and down when displayed on landscape. I cannot see the next tiles and the buttoms at the same time.

Including the description of the tile could be done in a collapsible box... But we would need a workaround for the Mobile View, since it disables the standard collapsible elements.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #205 on: June 08, 2022, 11:15:03 AM »
On Easter of Carcassonne, there is table with differences between original and HiG rules.
In Bunny placement there is sentence for original rules:
Bunny placement - Placed on Easter Nest tile (only placed on Easter Bunny tile if bunny not in play)
I think that I don't understand and can not correctly to translate it.
I understand that Bunny is placet to Easter Nest tile.
But that () part?
Only placed on Easter Bunny tile if bunny not in play - this has to rewritten somehow.
It can be placed immediately next turn player if there is at least Easter Bunny tile, or when Easter Bunny tile is placed and bunny is not in game, as bring back bunny as quick as possible, or something else?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 09, 2022, 12:43:47 AM »
There are two possible scenarios:

1) An Easter Nest has been placed before the first Easter Bunny tile: the Easter bunny placed on the Easter Nest starts to move..
2) No Easter Nest has been placed before the first Easter Bunny tile: the Easter bunny is not placed on the board yet, so the rules tell you to place it right away on the Easter Bunny tile and move it from there.

The Easter Nest is similar to the volcano tile for the dragon and the Easter Bunny tile is similar to the dragon tile. The difference is that an Easter Bunny tile drawn before an Easter Nest is placed as usual and serves as an implicit Easter Nest tile. No Easter Bunny tiles are set aside until the first Easter Nest tile is placed as opposed to the dragon tiles drawn before a volcano for the dragon.

Hope this helps.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2022, 02:13:06 AM »
Understand. I will expand this in translation. But maybe it will be good to explain this in rules.
Thanks
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 03:07:35 AM by Bumsakalaka »

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 16, 2022, 02:48:48 PM »
I noticed an inconstistent useage of "medieval" and "mediaeval" throughout WICA. Both are technically correct, but it may confuse some people.
I would recommend sticking to more commonly used form "medieval", which search would indicate currently has 41 uses, rather than lesser used "mediaeval" with only 9. 

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2022, 01:08:15 AM »
On Easter in Carcassonne reference that Bunny can be on same tile as fairy is about dragon and bunny on same tile.
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Easter_in_Carcassonne_(1st_edition)#cite_note-14
No mention about faire there

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
WikiCarpedia or Wikicarpedia?

Started by NGC 54

4 Replies
Last post February 15, 2023, 04:34:20 AM
by Decar
xx
Traveling to GERMANY-ITALY-BELGIUM-AUSTRIA this spring. Looking for Suggestions.

Started by Bixby

20 Replies
Last post May 29, 2013, 08:01:44 PM
by Big Guy
xx
Megacarc suggestions?

Started by JoeSesquipedalian

3 Replies
Last post May 13, 2017, 08:48:29 PM
by Dragonlord
xx
A few suggestions for JCloister