Author Topic: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)  (Read 273638 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)
« Reply #870 on: March 25, 2021, 06:14:11 AM »

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #871 on: January 17, 2022, 02:18:32 AM »
Most of you have seen my post about Hostage Negotiator.  Van Ryder Games are back with Season 2 of Final Girl:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vanrydergames/final-girl-series-2?ref=carcc

I've played the first season a few times and it's of a similar vein to Hostage Negotiator but adds a location board where players have to run between locations saving victims. It adds a lot of things to think about.  This game reached $1m in under 48 hours and became the highest grossing single-player, (trashing it's predecessor of $446,016) in about 5 hours.

If anyone's interested, I've got a small discount to apply on on my pledge manager, so if you're in the UK I might be able to save a few dollars.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: February 02, 2022, 05:28:29 AM »
I will be following this with interest as I'm a huge fan of classic Tsuro: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/calliopegamenight/tsuro-luxury-limited-edition?mc_cid=b4e596fcca&mc_eid=00cf7c6059

It isn't live yet, but I'm very keen to see more detail, and especially what the price is going to be. Based on the description in the email I got it sounds like it could be very expensive:

"We couldn’t think of a better way to continue the Tsuro legacy than by crafting a limited-edition keepsake version of this family favorite! The Tsuro: Luxury Limited Edition experience is presented in a beautifully crafted wooden game box with vintage finishes. The rules are brilliantly emblazoned across a bamboo scroll. Stone textured tiles are individually carved with their unique path configuration and will be selected by players from a beautifully embroidered satin bag.

Each unique metal pawn represents a memorable piece of Tsuro’s mythological history, from the fierce dragon to the awe-inspiring phoenix. Finally, the iconic dragon tile has been replaced with a shining gold statuette—a true centerpiece for your collection for years to come."

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #873 on: February 02, 2022, 02:50:45 PM »
Looks nice. Actually I was asking you on Discord about this game. I had no luck it was sold out in shop where I found it. Maybe I will get this one with very nice sculptures.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 02, 2022, 03:31:58 PM »
Looks nice. Actually I was asking you on Discord about this game. I had no luck it was sold out in shop where I found it. Maybe I will get this one with very nice sculptures.

It is a wonderful game (in my humble opinion) but if you've not played it before I'd be wary about going straight for this edition. From what I can tell it's going to be very much a collectors/ enthusiasts edition. Not in terms of content as it will still be limited to the basegame in its simplest and best form, but in terms of the quality of the box and components. No corners will be cut, and there will be a hefty price tag to go along with it. A thread about it on BGA states the price will be $350 (US) which is a lot of money, although I can't vouch for the authenticity of that as I haven't seen it anywhere official.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #875 on: February 03, 2022, 01:58:53 AM »
Uff. If price you wrote will be real it can be problem. Imagine that this is new game. I can imagine to spent it for some rare stuff which are not in production now.
Hmm, I can't. I'm bad collector :)

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #876 on: March 19, 2022, 01:31:40 PM »
Couple of games worth a mention:

If you like Euros and mancala you should look at Pilgrim from Nick Case and Spielworxx. He designed The Sagas of the Northlands (aka Noggin the Nog), and looks to be a smooth quite confrontational majority worker placement route building and resource gathering sort of game. With only about 27 hours left to back it's worth checking out:

https://gamefound.com/projects/a-muse-ment/pilgrim

Also Pathways a skillful dexterity game from our very own forum member Frank Sarro (aka Franks). With 25 days left to run and already well over it's funding target, there's a lot to be excited about!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pathways-game/pathways-dexterity-game

Offline Guy

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 19, 2022, 03:36:52 PM »
Also Pathways a skillful dexterity game from our very own forum member Frank Sarro (aka Franks). With 25 days left to run and already well over it's funding target, there's a lot to be excited about!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pathways-game/pathways-dexterity-game

Is anyone doing a group pledge to the UK?
I play orange

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #878 on: March 20, 2022, 12:28:56 PM »
Not sure it would save a lot unless you want to wait for a meetup. Shipping would be around £12 for 2 copies (with £10). And then you'll have to post the copy on after it arrives.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #879 on: March 20, 2022, 03:16:11 PM »
Just spent €215 on Friday pledging for Tang Gardens Complete set. Never played the game but it looks gorgeous and sounds fairly straightforward to learn. I backed Darwin’s Journey last year from the same company—haven’t received it yet due to Covid delays but it also looks really nice, is a theme I like, and is a longer game, so the two should balance each other out nicely.

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 20, 2022, 05:17:11 PM »
Just spent €215 on Friday pledging for Tang Gardens Complete set. Never played the game but it looks gorgeous and sounds fairly straightforward to learn.

Me too 8)

Offline Ker42

• Count
  • Merit: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 18, 2022, 07:36:15 AM »
For anyone interested, Spielmaterial.de is doing another Kickstarter with lots of wooden tokens to choose from (for any of us planning fan expansions or upgrading existing games).  Here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spielmaterial-tokens/printed-wooden-tokens
It's all fun and games...until the Mirror Zone comes out.

Offline Carcassonne King

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 03, 2022, 08:44:34 PM »
I'm strongly considering backing this new special edition of Castles of Burgundy.

https://gamefound.com/projects/awaken-realms/castles-of-burgundy-special-edition

If you already own the game, it might not be a good deal, but it seems great for people who don't have it yet.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #883 on: June 06, 2022, 03:09:30 AM »
I'm strongly considering backing this new special edition of Castles of Burgundy.

https://gamefound.com/projects/awaken-realms/castles-of-burgundy-special-edition

If you already own the game, it might not be a good deal, but it seems great for people who don't have it yet.
I'm super interested too. Like, dangerously so. But I already have three Kickstarters in various states of production and I'm not sure when I'll play the last one I received. I also barely have time to play any of my games these days! The struggle is real.

Offline Carcassonne King

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 06, 2022, 07:09:30 AM »
Yeah, I know the feeling - I'm still waiting for one of my kickstarters to come in too.  After a lot of contemplation, I ended up backing this game at the royal level because it just seemed too good to pass up.  It's gotten such good reviews and is ranked in the top 20 games on BGG, yet doesn't seem too complicated to play (which is why I stay away from most of the highly ranked games on BGG).

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Keep track of your Carcassonne collection in your forum profile

Started by Scott

18 Replies
Last post April 27, 2022, 03:31:35 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Watch It Played - Carcassonne

Started by Decar

6 Replies
Last post February 02, 2018, 08:31:36 AM
by Just a Bill
xx
Kickstarter project: Carcassone collection box?

Started by Guesclin

35 Replies
Last post February 15, 2015, 02:41:55 PM
by Whaleyland
xx
Kickstarter Help Wanted

Started by Khonnor

3 Replies
Last post March 23, 2013, 11:05:12 PM
by Whaleyland
xx
KickStarter - Backed Projects