Author Topic: Z-Man Games Release Schedule  (Read 70265 times)

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
Re: Z-Man Games Release Schedule
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 11:49:41 AM »
Filosofia is on a different release schedule because France is a separate license from North America.

The following are already published by Filosofia Games:

Carcassonne
I&C
BC&B
A&M
T&B
P&D
The Minis
Carc: Dice Game
Cardcassonne
and the previous Big Box

The latest Big Box will be published soon.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 05:48:45 PM »
2014 could see the re-release of the standalones. I'd be surprised if the School got released here; that was a promo/fundraiser more than anything.

Jay had approval for the School and had plans to release it after CC, P, & T..... so hopefully Z-man Games will have the same approval.

Once again, Plague and Tunnels are Spielbox exclusives that Z-Man does not currently have rights to. They'd have to negotiate new terms to use those expansions. School and Corn Circles I they could publish currently, assuming there is no restriction because of the Rainbow Over Ghana campaign.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:02:22 PM by whaleyland »

Offline Carcatronn

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 05:58:45 PM »
2014 could see the re-release of the standalones. I'd be surprised if the School got released here; that was a promo/fundraiser more than anything.

Jay had approval for the School and had plans to release it after CC, P, & T..... so hopefully Z-man Games will have the same approval.

Once again, Plague and Tunnels are Spielbox exclusives that Z-Man does not currently have rights to. They'd have to negotiate new terms to use those expansions. School and Corn Circles I they could publish currently, assuming there is no restriction because of the Rainbow Over Ghana campaign.

I think you misunderstood... Jay from RGG had plans to release The School after releasing CC,P,&T. Since Z-man Games took over before then, the hope is for ZMG to release The School as it doesn't involve the Spielbox license and Jay had approval from HiG to release it. But alas, I am sure this won't become available until 2014
PM me for for a list of remaining items from the Carcassonne Shoppe.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 06:03:03 PM »
There is no misunderstanding. You seem to be overlooking the fact that RGG and Z-Man are different companies with different contracts and licenses. Here, this may help:

Spielbox Expansions (Z-Man not currently licensed to resell)
The Cathars
The Cult (but available in CK&C)
The Tunnels
The Plague
Little Buildings

Hans im Glück Exclusives (Z-Man maybe is able to resell)
The School
The Festival (exclusive to 10th Anniversary Edition)

Rio Grande Exclusives (Z-Man probably does not have license to resell)
Cult, Siege & Creativity (Cult will be in CK&C, without the extra tile, Siege is exclusive to RGG, Creativity is...dumb)
Corn Circles, Tunnels & Plague (also, see Spielbox above)
The Mini Expansion (Games Quarterly exclusive)

Hans im Glück Select (Z-Man can resell)
Corn Circles I
The River I
The Phantom
Winter-Edition: Gingerbread Man
Hunters & Gatherers: The Scout (now detached from The King & Robber Baron)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:09:08 PM by whaleyland »

Offline Carcatronn

• Authors
  • Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 06:21:33 PM »
We are speaking the same language.  ;) The topic was The School. I brought up RGG had plans to release it. HiG approved this without issue, so there shouldn't be any issue with ZMG getting approval, all they need to do is ask HiG. I was denied approval to resell The School as RGG had plans to release the English version. Otherwise, I would already have The School for resell to all. Not disputing The Plague or Tunnel, this is Spielbox and ZMG doesn't have approval (yet!)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:23:06 PM by Carcatronn »

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 01:07:31 PM »
The school is a special "project" - that belongs only to HiG and their "Rhainbow over Ghana".

I had a telephone call today with HiG - Georg Wild.
Basically it is possible that their licence partner could publish this little expansion.
But for each of the school expansions "Rhainbow over Ghana" would become their
part, because for that school project (to build a school).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 01:58:17 PM by kettlefish »

Offline Carcatronn

• Authors
  • Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 04:21:29 PM »
So Alliance has The Tower listed at $19.99 MSRP instead of the normal $17.50. I wonder if the ZMG version will have something new or if its simply a markup like they did on the base game + river? Guess we will see soon hopefully!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 10:01:01 AM by Carcatronn »

Offline Carc-meister

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 04:49:02 AM »
I haven't seen anything here regarding the possibility of a River II release. Does z-man have the rights to release it, or will it never be printed again?
At me to Game Center on iOS - Woo-Hoo1

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 06:03:28 AM »
I haven't seen anything here regarding the possibility of a River II release. Does z-man have the rights to release it, or will it never be printed again?
Z-man released the 1.-3. expansion last month. This month is coming the 4. expansion "The tower"
The next would be the 5. and the 6. expansion.
In the 6. expansion (German: Carcassonne 6. Erweiterung - Graf, Koenig und Konsorten) is the river II included.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:33:32 AM by kettlefish »

Offline Carc-meister

• Labourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 03:56:50 PM »
Thanks...I haven't seen anything 'official' from z-man on that just yet. Of course I can grab Graf, König und Konsorten in the US right now or $25 (after shipping). Enjoying Big Box 3 with my family for now, and BGG rates Graf, König und Konsorten a little lower than some other expansions out there...so I'm not sure if I should grab it now or wait for a future release.

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 05:03:31 PM »
Z-Man announced this week that The Tower was back in stock at Alliance. Still no word on the next release.

River II is included in the license agreement, so it will be reprinted, the question is whether it will be sold separately or bundled. I expect bundled with King, Count, and Cult.

Offline Tacita

• La folia!
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 18
  • The last cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 08:45:49 AM »
I expect bundled with King, Count, and Cult.
Which would suck. Sure, do that, but also release expansions separetely, so in case you have missed one earlier you do not have to buy doubles. HiG showed how little they care about their fan-base with Graf, König und Konsorten (releasing old and new stuff bundled). Rio Grande did a better job in that case.

The situation is not excatly the same, but I would strongly advice against a bundle without an alternative.
"We do not want to make someone buy a whole set just to get a few new cards. We like our fans!" - Donald X Vaccarino

Link

Offline Carc-meister

• Labourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 09:18:51 AM »
I expect bundled with King, Count, and Cult.
Which would suck. Sure, do that, but also release expansions separetely, so in case you have missed one earlier you do not have to buy doubles. HiG showed how little they care about their fan-base with Graf, König und Konsorten (releasing old and new stuff bundled). Rio Grande did a better job in that case.

The situation is not excatly the same, but I would strongly advice against a bundle without an alternative.

I agree.  I'm very new to the world of board gaming and Carcassonne is definitely one that drew me in.  I purchased Big Box 3 at a reasonable price, but from reading through all the rules (and reviews), I just can't see myself wanting/desiring Count, King, & Cult bundled with River ii.  I'd love to own River ii, but the others are just of little interest to me at this time.  I & C, T & B, P & D and A & M are good extensions for my current gaming...i just need a river(!), and nobody has or sells them alone anymore.  And paying $25-30 just to get a river isn't going to happen. 

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 10:20:43 AM »
Z-man games belongs to filosofia games.
Filosofia games published all the expansions 1-8 in French.
Why shouldn't Z-man games publish the 6th expansion for the English speaking world?

Offline Carc-meister

• Labourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2013, 10:42:22 AM »
Z-man games belongs to filosofia games.
Filosofia games published all the expansions 1-8 in French.
Why shouldn't Z-man games publish the 6th expansion for the English speaking world?

I think you misunderstood.  They should publish the 6th expansion for the English speaking world...in fact, I hope they do!  However, they should also publish river or river ii separately, as was done with the rio grande edition.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Vikings - new release by z-man Games

Started by kettlefish

4 Replies
Last post April 28, 2014, 09:18:43 PM
by wamboyil
question
What games did you enjoy at UK games expo (or other games convention)?

Started by asparagus

4 Replies
Last post June 09, 2016, 02:27:25 AM
by asparagus
xx
Z-Man Games Shop

Started by Scott

1 Replies
Last post July 01, 2013, 11:44:44 AM
by Carcking
xx
Z-Man Games new updated website