Author Topic: Carcassonne Central on BGA  (Read 2711 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Carcassonne Central on BGA
« on: July 08, 2022, 09:22:23 AM »
Hey everyone. Hope you're all well. :)

I wanted to let anyone who might be interested in playing some online board games know that I've created a Carcassonne Central group at Board Game Arena (BGA). I've invited as many CarcC members as I'm aware of from my friends list, but it's an open group so you should be able to join even without an invite. The group can be found here: https://www.boardgamearena.com/group?id=12347445. Players of all abilities are very welcome and encouraged to join!

BGA makes it pretty easy to organise tournaments in a range of styles (Swiss/ single elimination/ round robin) so my intention is that we can use the group to host CarcC tournaments for Carcassonne (and other games) and have some fun together over a few games of whatever boardgames everyone wants to play without getting too serious about it all.

Please post thoughts/ comments here, or list any games you'd be interested in playing against other CarcC regulars...

I'll update again here in a week or so. Hope to see you there before then! 8) :(y)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6006.0

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Central on BGA
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 10:24:28 AM »
Interesting, I will look into this, I have not played BGA carc in a while. Thanks for the initiative!

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 11:48:41 PM »
Thanks Dan nice idea. +1 from me

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 11:57:30 PM »
I'm already there :)

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2022, 11:23:52 AM »
Nice idea!

Are you organizing a CarcC Summer Championship then?

+1 merit from me.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2022, 12:19:37 PM »
Cracking idea.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2022, 01:48:26 PM »
Meepledrone we need you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 01:32:27 AM »
Oooh, I wasn't aware anybody had responded to this as I hadn't received any CarcC email notifications. It's good to see that others are keen to give this a go! :(y)

Nice idea!

+1 merit from me.

Not necessarily a championship as such, just looking to provide an opportunity for all of us to play games on BGA and build some friendships/ get to know each other a little better over a virtual boardgame or two :)

Our BGA group now has 22 members which I think is enough to get things started. I couldn't quite decide how to get things started though, so I thought I'd put it to a vote. I haven't decided exactly what the options will be yet, but my anticipation is that it will be:

a) Carcassonne
b) Head-to-head (2-players per game)
c) Turn-based (i.e. asynchronous [i.e. both players don't have to be playing at the same time, you just play your move when it's your turn and you're online, then check back next time to see if your opponent has responded - these games usually have a time limit of 3 - 5 days so you'll need to be logging into BGA quite frequently in order to make sure you complete your game before running out of time])

I haven't yet decided:

a) Expansions: BGA offers The River, Inns & Cathedrals, Traders & Builders and Princess & Dragon. Maybe we want to start small, maybe we don't. I'll include this as a voting option
b) Format: This could be single-elimination (knockout), Swiss or Round Robin. Swiss means everyone gets a set number of games and each round is drawn against an opponent with a similar win/ loss record in the tournament so far. Round Robin means everyone plays everyone else, but all games start at the same time so you'll suddenly have half a dozen games on the go which can be a bit intense.

My feeling is that probably a Swiss tournament with one, or maybe two expansions might be a good way to start. But we'll vote on it, and I'll share links to the polls below so watch this space! 8)

Once decided, I'll create the tournament and send invites via BGA to everyone in our group there.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 01:35:55 AM by danisthirty »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 01:50:04 AM »
Please respond to the following polls to make sure our first BGA tournament is something that we've all had our say about: C:-)

- Our First BGA Tournament - Style
- Our First BGA Tournament - Expansions

Thanks! :blue-meeple:

Offline Uhome

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2022, 05:50:30 AM »
Oooh, I wasn't aware anybody had responded to this as I hadn't received any CarcC email notifications. It's good to see that others are keen to give this a go! :(y)

Nice idea!

+1 merit from me.

Not necessarily a championship as such, just looking to provide an opportunity for all of us to play games on BGA and build some friendships/ get to know each other a little better over a virtual boardgame or two :)

Our BGA group now has 22 members which I think is enough to get things started. I couldn't quite decide how to get things started though, so I thought I'd put it to a vote. I haven't decided exactly what the options will be yet, but my anticipation is that it will be:

a) Carcassonne
b) Head-to-head (2-players per game)
c) Turn-based (i.e. asynchronous [i.e. both players don't have to be playing at the same time, you just play your move when it's your turn and you're online, then check back next time to see if your opponent has responded - these games usually have a time limit of 3 - 5 days so you'll need to be logging into BGA quite frequently in order to make sure you complete your game before running out of time])

I haven't yet decided:

a) Expansions: BGA offers The River, Inns & Cathedrals, Traders & Builders and Princess & Dragon. Maybe we want to start small, maybe we don't. I'll include this as a voting option
b) Format: This could be single-elimination (knockout), Swiss or Round Robin. Swiss means everyone gets a set number of games and each round is drawn against an opponent with a similar win/ loss record in the tournament so far. Round Robin means everyone plays everyone else, but all games start at the same time so you'll suddenly have half a dozen games on the go which can be a bit intense.

My feeling is that probably a Swiss tournament with one, or maybe two expansions might be a good way to start. But we'll vote on it, and I'll share links to the polls below so watch this space! 8)

Once decided, I'll create the tournament and send invites via BGA to everyone in our group there.

I am a bit confused. You mentioned not necessarily a championship, but you are organising a tournament! I am not that sure what exactly do you want.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2022, 06:09:26 AM »
A tournament doesn't have to be a championship! ;)

I am not that sure what exactly do you want.

I want people to enjoy themselves playing games online, and maybe even make a few friends along the way. It isn't always easy to do this if people feel isolated or don't have many boardgaming friends, so I'm hoping that by running a tournament/ series of tournaments it will help everyone (myself included) to get to know each other a bit better and have some fun. If it helps for you to think of it as a championship then I'm very happy for you to do so :)

Offline Uhome

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2022, 06:19:24 AM »
A tournament doesn't have to be a championship! ;)

I am not that sure what exactly do you want.

I want people to enjoy themselves playing games online, and maybe even make a few friends along the way. It isn't always easy to do this if people feel isolated or don't have many boardgaming friends, so I'm hoping that by running a tournament/ series of tournaments it will help everyone (myself included) to get to know each other a bit better and have some fun. If it helps for you to think of it as a championship then I'm very happy for you to do so :)

OK, I take it as having some easy and relax games. Just using the tournament function of BGA to help organise.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2022, 06:25:16 AM »
OK, I take it as having some easy and relax games. Just using the tournament function of BGA to help organise.

yes, exactly this! :(y)

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2022, 07:03:30 AM »
I was head of Carcassonne League on czech forum year ago. So here are mine suggestions:

We played every month different set of expansion to have max 100 tiles in game.

It was not possible to play turn based game in JCZ  so limit of tiles was for that reason.

Turn based game change it. So I thinalso large game can be played.

Only limit is lack of expansions on BGA when compared with JCZ.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2022, 07:14:57 AM »
Mail issue is to set limits and rules what happens if match will be not played or finished.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne Central Worldcup 2023 (BGA Tournament)

Started by Linkarssonne (Linksux)

1 Replies
Last post August 02, 2023, 09:15:08 AM
by Linkarssonne (Linksux)
xx
Carcassonne Central Worldcup 2023 (BGA Tournament)

Started by Linkarssonne (Linksux)

66 Replies
Last post October 18, 2023, 02:57:36 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Known bugs in Carcassonne implementation on BGA

Started by Bumsakalaka

3 Replies
Last post July 27, 2022, 01:53:57 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Our First BGA Tournament - Style