Author Topic: CarcassonneCentral World Cup - Group D  (Read 13758 times)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
CarcassonneCentral World Cup - Group D
« on: August 06, 2014, 09:49:49 AM »
First game was played tonight:
Jere vs. AlbinoAsian - 177:95

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=939.0
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:42:40 AM by MrNumbers »
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Re: CarcassonneCentral World Cup - Group D
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 10:36:43 AM »
Second game:
Jere vs. MrNumbers - 102:52

Yes, you read this right - I lost this game because of bad luck. I wasn't able to complete a 78-point city with a Cathedral, missed just one (!) right tile!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:41:35 AM by MrNumbers »

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 11:03:47 AM »
Wow, Group D looks like the 'Group of Death'!

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 01:57:20 PM »
Game three:
Jere vs. BabyGamer - 130:98.

Jere stays unbeatable and has very good chances to advance to QF.

First game was stuck with only 24 tiles left and we should restart it. Again a bug with players turn order. That game was very close, winner wasn't clear known. But bug was still there :(

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 11:39:39 PM »
Wow - I don't know whether to be impressed or terrified by Jere's performance; 9 points from 3 games including a strong win against MrNumbers! I'll go with both for the time being I think...

Well done to everyone who has played so far, I hope it has been an enjoyable experience!

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 12:48:56 PM »
Game four:
MrsNumbers ended Jere's winning streak - 134:114.

Farms was totally controlled by Jere, but roads and cities was MrsNumbers's strong side this time.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 01:04:40 PM »
MrsNumbers scored 79 points on cities with no cathedrals!

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 03:08:49 PM »
Game five:
MrNumbers vs. BabyGamer - 181:101.

I had a big luck in connecting to and later completing in two straight moves 57-point city. In roads and cloisters we were quite even, in farms I had 15 points advantage.

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Merit: 12
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 05:05:22 AM »
Yay!! :)

This has been a lot of fun so far!! :) I like JCloisterZone game! It looks pretty good and all! :) I just have to be very careful with placing the tiles.. and Meeples!!

Like... I wish there was a button, that after you place a meeple, you still have to press "confirm" button, or "undo" button.. Or that the "undo" button of the tile placement would be closer than in the menu up to the left.. :) If that was fixed, it would be more user friendly in my opinion. :) So that you could place a follower, and still press "undo" to change place of the follower, or, "confirm" when you are absolutely sure of your move.. :)  :(y)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 10:15:07 AM »
Well, I'm done: played all my games! Now I can wait and relax. :) I'm satisfied with my 3 wins but the most important is that it was incredibly fun (and a bit tense sometimes too!).

When I played my first game against AlbinoAsian (also my first online game ever with JCloisterZone), I got lucky enough to finish 2 cities with cathedral and also I have been quite successful at trapping his followers, hence the score difference.

Second game vs. MrNumbers: I knew that one would be tough based on the results of the league. He had a very good start and I was a bit in trouble. Then the battle was on two fronts: for the main field and for the city with cathedrals. Whilst I was trying to gain control of the field, I contributed to grow the city bigger, not to eventually finish it, on the contrary to make MrNumbers' task as complex as possible. Risky strategy, like playing with matches.. but it paid off! :)

Third game was against BabyGamer. She scored a 42-pt city (with cathedral) right from the start! Score was then 42-0... OUch! But that was it, she scored only 5 more pts for cities after that for a total of 47pts. I trapped some of her followers and I have been able to slowly (but surely) come back. I believe that she has made a mistake too, hoping I would complete her monastery (that she could have finished herself easily) to connect fields but I had another option to achieve that so I didn't care and her double follower ended up being stuck there. Nevertheless, it was a very tight and fun game. :)

Last one vs. MrsNumbers: Again slow start on my side, watching her scoring numerous cities and roads. I was doing well at trapping her followers but then, and I think that's the turning point right there, she got the tile she needed, a rare one that I call the rat tail (you know that straight road connected to a semi-circular city), to liberate her double follower from the trap and score that mid-size city with 3 pennants. Very well done! Despite having total control of the fields, I did not succeed to come back. All merit goes to MrsNumbers. Congrats! :)

The rat tail

I hope it will be enough for second, or even perhaps first place in the group (fingers crossed!). I just have to wait and see. Thanks all for the great games and if the main objective was to have fun then I can already say "mission accomplished". :)

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:59:14 AM by Jéré, Reason: Resized image »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 12:39:04 PM »
Congratulations Jéré; well done on finishing all of your games so quickly!  :(y)

I would say that since the only person who can beat you on points is MrsNumbers, your impressive total score differential (144 points) is going to be hard to beat for anyone else who manages to win 3 games. Based on this, I would be quite surprised if you didn't qualify for the knock-out stage but it's never over until it's over!  :)

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Merit: 12
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 06:15:19 AM »
Hehe... :D

I didn't hope you would complete my monastery, Jere! :D Quite the opposite.. I didn't want it finished because then you would join the fields.. I totally didn't see the other field-place that you had in option, to connect to the field.. :D I'm blind when it comes to fields.. :( When I saw that you could connect anyway to the field, it was too late to save my monk.. :D Damn.. I suck at fields.. :)

But it was fun!!!! :D I enjoyed it!!

Right now I'm worried about our router/server thingy at home.. :( Yesterday we couldn't connect to the internet at all! Dunno if it overheats, or is about to break.. Hmm.. Today it works fine again. :) Hopefully just overheats how and then..

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 01:26:36 PM »
Tonight we played long-waited game number six:
MrNumbers vs. MrsNumbers - 153:82.
As you can see, I was dominating in everything, except roads (maybe, roads are women thing? Dan? ;) )
Originally huge Cathedral city wasn't mine: I consequently connected two followers to it, but didn't manage to finish it (with a kind help of Mrs. :) ). The T-road tile (the one with red farmer on it) came to me as one of the last tiles, and it completed me two roads and gave an opportunity to claim a good farm.
MrsNumbers was hoping on a cloister with a road to join farms, but that cloister came to me (right lower corner). If she would succeeded drawing it, she would immediately join her big meeple to the new big farm (yellow farmer with 3 points). As it was before I placed my 15-point farmer (on T-road), I would loose ALL the farms and the result would be completely different.
One more notable thing: I managed to steal 16-point city (middle-left) with my big meeple by successfully connecting it to that city.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 01:28:35 PM by MrNumbers »

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 01:10:39 PM »
Game seven: MrsNumbers vs. BabyGamer.
We've got first draw! 152:152!

MrsNumbers missed just any (!) road tile to take full control over 33-point farm. All last taken tiles were just city tiles.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 01:22:27 PM »
One of the things I've been tracking is the widest and narrowest winning margins. The widest winning margin is still Jere vs AlbinoAsian which was 82 points (I think - don't have my spreadsheet up at the moment) and was scored in one of the first games. The closest game was been getting closer and closer though. I thought my game with my wife Becky was pretty close (3 points) then I hosted a game between RSV and Weeby-Vuit which was won by RSV by just 2 points. Now we have a draw! Well done both players on your 1 point each...  :(y)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
CarcassonneCentral World Cup - Group A

Started by rfielder

34 Replies
Last post August 27, 2014, 01:58:49 PM
by Carcking
xx
CarcassonneCentral World Cup - Group B

Started by danisthirty

21 Replies
Last post August 18, 2014, 03:22:38 PM
by Rosco
clip
CarcassonneCentral World Cup - Group C

Started by jungleboy

52 Replies
Last post August 28, 2014, 10:01:09 AM
by mas9dj
xx
Happy Birthday #3 to CarcassonneCentral!!

Started by Carcking

3 Replies
Last post February 10, 2016, 07:28:40 AM
by Safari
xx
CarcassonneCentral Leaderboard

Started by SRBO

6 Replies
Last post February 13, 2015, 07:39:47 AM
by danisthirty