Author Topic: New Carcassonne App for Android  (Read 67990 times)

Offline Durbs

• Villein
  • Merit: 3
  • Dirty Meeple Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: New Carcassonne App for Android
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2015, 08:05:04 AM »

One question I do have, and it's asked only out of curiosity - as the other expansions already work in single-player, why is it so hard to implement them into multi-player? Surely if the rules for placement and scoring have been defined once, adding them to multi-player is easy? I have zero knowledge of programming, so it really is just out of interest, not meant to sound like a dig!

I know what you mean. Maybe it's something to do with the fact that these have to be paid for in addition to the app itself so it might be a case of "what happens if someone tries to start a Traders & Builders games against someone who doesn't have it"?

But once they've got that sorted, as they now have with River 2.. surely it's the same logic for all expansions?

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2015, 11:21:01 AM »
well... I remember there was a post for it, but I can't find it
so... I buy the game for android and my nick is aenima
if u wont u can add me for some game and I'd like to know the other member's names so I can add them! :)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2015, 11:54:14 AM »
Here is this thread:
Meeting in android Carcassonne
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2015, 12:04:39 PM »
thanx MrNumbers!!!  ;D

Offline Joff

• Authors
  • Chatelain
  • Merit: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2015, 05:03:13 AM »

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2015, 08:50:36 AM »
Yesterday I changed my phone, what is the first app that I downloaded?
A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked.

:white-meeple: My works.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2015, 12:27:33 AM »

Facebook?  ;)

As someone who has played both, you may be disappointed by the Android app compared to the iOS app. I know they're releasing updates for it every now and again but ever since the new version of the Android app was released, the AI has been awful (just as it was with the old version). Playing online is much less reliable too, but we should at least be able to get an online game going between us if we can find each other...

Offline spikey_dino

• Freeman
  • Merit: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2015, 05:07:59 PM »

Facebook?  ;)

As someone who has played both, you may be disappointed by the Android app compared to the iOS app. I know they're releasing updates for it every now and again but ever since the new version of the Android app was released, the AI has been awful (just as it was with the old version). Playing online is much less reliable too, but we should at least be able to get an online game going between us if we can find each other...

I'm a little disappointed with the android app, but it's my only option since I don't have an ios device :(

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2015, 11:02:33 PM »
I'm finally getting an upgraded phone that will allow me to upgrade this app.  My old phone is old enough that it won't give me any of the new updates for the app.  I guess it's not all we hoped it would be, but it's better than what I have.  I'm excited that I'll get to play with more than just the River expansion.  Does anyone know if there are any more expansions coming down the road?  What are the in-app costs for the expansions?
Flee the fleas.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2015, 11:22:15 PM »
I'm finally getting an upgraded phone that will allow me to upgrade this app.  My old phone is old enough that it won't give me any of the new updates for the app.  I guess it's not all we hoped it would be, but it's better than what I have.  I'm excited that I'll get to play with more than just the River expansion.  Does anyone know if there are any more expansions coming down the road?  What are the in-app costs for the expansions?

Getting to play with Inns & Cathedrals + Traders & Builders does breathe new live into the Andoid app but the AI lets it down somewhat. The other expansions are Crop Circles and The Festival but I rarely play with these. I can't find out from the app how much they cost as it just tells me that I've bought them already, but I don't think I & C or T & B were more than £1.50/ $2 or so each.

As for whether any new expansions are in the pipeline, I have no idea. They are still talking about "new things to come" but it isn't clear whether these are bug fixes (you'll notice a few bugs with the new expansions, particularly when scoring farms), new features, improved online play/ AI or new expansions. It could do with some of all of this at the moment but it's still great for a quick game every now and again.

Enjoy!  :) :(y)

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2015, 08:55:07 PM »
OK, a few play in, the game looks nicer and I like the added expansions, but it is still a little buggy.  Occasionally when I place a builder, it won't let me complete the turn and I end up having to save and quit the game and place the same tile in a different spot when I restart it.  Not ideal and pretty annoying, but I don't think it will prevent me from playing it. 

I absolutely HATED being prompted every time I made a move to sign onto Google Play!  That made my want to chuck my new phone into the woods until I figured out how to turn it off.  I guess that means I won't be playing online though. 

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2015, 12:24:20 PM »
Hi guys. Not sure if anyone is monitoring this thread or uses the android app (I've not used it since discovering JCZ), but there has been an update a couple of days ago. I've had a multiplayer game since the update, but here's a list of what's new...

* added functionality to remove corrupted sessions (multiplayer)
   * added expansion Traders and Builders to multiplayer
   * added expansion Inns and Cathedrals to multiplayer

All welcome improvements I'm sure you'll agree! Several reviews mention a couple of glitches, but Exozet seem keen to resolve them which is great to see.

For those who haven't discovered the app, it's available in the Google Play Store at...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.exozet.game.carcassonne&hl=en_GB

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2015, 01:29:17 PM »
Good to hear they're slowly deciding to make improvements here.  It's snail's pace compared to the iOS release.

Last year they changed the logo to the Winter Edition without actually implementing it :(

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2015, 03:51:46 AM »
It's snail's pace compared to the iOS release.
Or compared to JCZ, I would say. I mean, they finally implemented I&C & T&B (at least to MP, they had it before vs. AI?), while JCZ features all big expansions except H&S and already quite a lot of the small ones.

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2015, 02:28:10 PM »
It's snail's pace compared to the iOS release.
Or compared to JCZ, I would say. I mean, they finally implemented I&C & T&B (at least to MP, they had it before vs. AI?), while JCZ features all big expansions except H&S and already quite a lot of the small ones.
Yep, I totally agree. Still, it's better than no Android app!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Android Carcassonne: 16 March 2015 - Amazon free app of the day

Started by Joff

5 Replies
Last post March 16, 2015, 11:10:32 AM
by kettlefish
xx
Carcassonne: Amazon Free App of the Day 12/3/13 (Android)

Started by evmillan

0 Replies
Last post December 03, 2013, 03:24:19 PM
by evmillan
xx
7 Wonders app released today for Android and iPhones

Started by Rich_The_Fish

3 Replies
Last post December 20, 2017, 07:31:19 AM
by glh510
xx
Android Carcassone App - Error

Started by mjwalker

1 Replies
Last post December 30, 2016, 02:18:00 PM
by Decar
xx
Anybody else having problems with Android app?

Started by EtherGnat

2 Replies
Last post August 03, 2016, 01:22:07 AM
by Decar