Author Topic: JCloiserZone FAQ  (Read 70571 times)

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
Re: JCloiserZone FAQ
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2015, 12:08:50 AM »
Thanks so it should be simple enough to forward TCP door 37447.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2015, 09:08:49 AM »
First: If this is not the correct thread please advise.

Second: I added a rule on my modem in order to forward door 37447 on TCP protocol but it's still giving "connection timed out: connect" error.
Static local address enabled.
I tried with and without W7 firewall.

Any suggestions

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2015, 09:21:09 AM »
I could be wrong but I think you might get that if you try to connect from another machine on the same internal network. You might get a different result if you ask someone to connect to you from outside. Unfortunately I can't at the moment, but it may be worth trying...

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2015, 09:28:27 AM »
I'm trying to connect from my work desktop to the home one.
(I use teamviewer to remotely control my home computer)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2015, 09:33:43 AM »
In your wireless router in port forwarding settings you should see something like this (see attachment).
Private IP - your PC's IP address, which you receive via DHCP or which is set static. In case of DHCP you should be sure you receive the same private address all the time (via static DHCP leases).
When someone (outside your network) connect to you PC, he should enter your public IP. You should know this IP address. If not, check www.whatipmyip.com, for example.
If someone is connecting to your PC inside your network, he should use your private IP, and port forwarding rules are ignored, as they are not necessary - in internal network connections are established directly.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2015, 10:07:31 AM »
MrNumbers,

Correct, I have the ports forwarded to my private IP which is given by the modem and that I manually inserted on the IP4 settings.
I was trying to access to the public IP.

I'm able to connect with the laptop, on the same network, using the public IP.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 10:53:24 AM by Chooselife »

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2015, 11:12:52 AM »
Strange. Try to check, if your JCloisterZone is listening the corresponding port.
To do that launch JCloisterZone in "ready to connect" mode (next window after pressing "Start game" button), then launch Command prompt (cmd) and enter "netstat -an". Check the long text, if you have  two following lines somewhere:
Code: [Select]
TCP    0.0.0.0:37447          0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
TCP    127.0.0.1:37447        127.0.0.1:53870        ESTABLISHED
53870 maybe different.

EDIT: OK, no need to do this, after I read your edited comment.

EDIT 2: Have you tried to switch off firewall also on your work PC? Maybe you have some network restrictions on your workplace regarding opened ports?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 11:33:52 AM by MrNumbers »

Offline jma03

• Count
  • Merit: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2015, 02:57:50 AM »
take two days that I can not connect online ( JCZ 3.1.1) .
however I can use the other options.
that could happen ??
thank you
When you lose, do not look at what you lost, but what's left to win ..

Offline rfielder

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • Carcassonne Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Cool Country Nights
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2015, 11:57:10 AM »
take two days that I can not connect online ( JCZ 3.1.1) .
I just tried, and it is not connecting for me either.

This is new - no changes to my home network.  Played a few games online over the last couple of weeks, and it was working.
Robert Fielder
Brampton, Ontario, Canada  EST

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2015, 03:50:56 AM »
Can we Host a game with a Dynamic IP address ? I can't make the soft work for me and a friend.

On the communication port, should we put 37447 (I already authorized it in forwarding port in my router config) or the port given when I check my IP ?

Thanks in advance :)
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2015, 04:02:14 AM »
Can we Host a game with a Dynamic IP address ? I can't make the soft work for me and a friend.

On the communication port, should we put 37447 (I already authorized it in forwarding port in my router config) or the port given when I check my IP ?

Thanks in advance :)

When you check your IP, you receive your IP address, not port. So, you can try use this dynamically assigned IP and port 37447, which is already forwarded to your PC, as far as I can understand. This will work only if this assigned dynamic IP is real IP (not behind NAT).

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2015, 04:07:29 AM »
Apologies if this has already been explained by MrNumbers but I've typed this now so I thought I'd post it anyway:

Anybody can host a game over the internet if their internet router will allow them to, and if they’re able to configure it correctly. If this is the case, you need to reserve an internal IP address (probably 192.168.0.something) for the PC on which you wish to use as your host. This is done through the DHCP settings on your router and is usually referred to as “leasing” so there may be a section for “lease reservations” or something similar. The purpose of this is so that your JCZ host PC will always have the same internal IP address whenever it is connected to the internet, and this address will never be assigned to a different device connected to the internet through your router.

The other thing you need to do is to set up a simple port forwarding rule to forward all incoming TCP/IP traffic to a specific port. By default the port number is 37447 for JCZ, so this is what I use. The rule will also need a destination IP address which should be the internal IP address of the machine you wish to use as the host machine (the IP you reserved above).

Once you’ve made these changes, ensure that everything is saved and then double-check it all to make sure your changes are in place (i.e. that the internal IP is reserved for your intended server PC and that your port forwarding rule will forward all TCP/IP traffic on a specific port [37447] to the reserved address).

Finally, look up your external IP address as it appears on the internet by going to a website such as this one: http://www.whatsmyip.org/

As long as JCZ is up and running on your host machine, anyone from anywhere in the world should be able to connect to it by opening JCZ on their PC and then connecting to you via your external IP address (above) and the port number you set...

Good luck!  :) :(y)

Offline jma03

• Count
  • Merit: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2015, 07:26:39 AM »
I still can not connect online in JCZ .
I have not changed anything.
What could try to connect as to one week ago ??
thank you

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2015, 01:27:04 PM »
Seems neither can I now. And I might have a League Game soon against monwil. Anybody around, who could host, if this is happening?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2015, 01:46:59 PM »
I can. Let me know beforehand and I will ensure my laptop is available for you to connect to...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne FAQ

Started by danisthirty

10 Replies
Last post May 21, 2020, 08:26:51 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Carcassonne World Cup FAQ

Started by danisthirty

24 Replies
Last post November 04, 2016, 12:20:12 AM