Author Topic: 3-Player Carcassonne w/Birthday, Ferries, Farmer in the Dell, Romans & Bridges  (Read 7830 times)

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
We have a very fun game on Friday night 2/21/14. We had a 3-player game including Birthday in the Land of Cockaigne, The Ferries, Farmer in the Dell, Romans, the Builder, the Wagon and Bridges.

We played with approx. 150 tiles and the game lasted about an hour and 45 minutes. I played Red. My wife was Purple, and our Daughter (who schooled us that night :) ) played Navy Blue. It was actually very close at the end but the Birthday presents provided here the separation she needed for the win. We all commented after the game on how fun that game was.

This was our second play of Birthday but I would say it was our first full play. Our first attempt was more of a play-test than actual game. We enjoyed the expansion very much and like the rules as written. They are fairly intuitive and my compliments go out to the authors!

With the help of a Roman city tile we managed to build quite a large nasty city. It would have rendered the game quite lopsided if either of us were able to score it alone. As it turned out we all tied on it. My daughter drew just the tile she needed to glom in her third follower to create the three-way tie and finish the city in one play. It was a close call.

I don't have the Birthday starting tile printed yet so we started the game with one of my regular homemade start tiles. Can you spot it?

My daughter made a clever play (with a lucky tile draw near the end of the game) that won the largest farm for her - away from me :) What can I say? She's learned from the best  ;)

My wife needs much credit too. She also beat me this game - and has won a couple of large games at GenCon. She's sharp at this game.

Final Score:
Navy Blue = 229
Purple = 218
Red = 210

Here are some pictures of the final layout and scoreboard:

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=634.0
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:00:28 AM by Carcking »
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Hi Carcking,
who gets the most birthday tokens in total?
and who gets the most birthday tokens from one specific design?

With other words - who is the greatest Gourmet?

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
That would be my daughter. She get drawing Birthday tiles that played nicely against 6 or 7 or 8 tiles already - and collected numerous tokens. She had majority in 4 or 5 categories.

I vowed to her that it would not be so easy going next time.  >:D

Do you like my wooden tokens?

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Yes, I like your wooden tokens. To cut cardboard is not easy but to cut only the printed paper is easier...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Bug with farmer in BC&B

Started by MrNumbers

3 Replies
Last post November 18, 2015, 01:53:41 PM
by farin
xx
Bridges, Castles & Bazaars League: Bridges

Started by MrNumbers

25 Replies
Last post March 16, 2017, 03:23:09 PM
by MrNumbers
xx
Head Farmer

Started by minellix

1 Replies
Last post March 21, 2023, 10:58:04 AM
by Scott
xx
Dispatches, farmer bonus, and barn query

Started by Allograft

4 Replies
Last post March 28, 2021, 02:55:34 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
Pig's bonus point on "famine" of wheel of fortune (whit more than one farmer)

Started by claudio_ferra

3 Replies
Last post May 21, 2016, 09:25:35 PM
by Whaleyland