Author Topic: Mind Sports Olympiad 2022 - Dates and Grand Prix  (Read 892 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Mind Sports Olympiad 2022 - Dates and Grand Prix
« on: January 31, 2022, 06:50:59 AM »
Hi everyone.

Just a quick note to share news of the Mind Sports Olympiad (MSO) upcoming events. For anyone who has never heard of MSO, they're a professional organisation that runs a series of boardgame competitions along with other brain-intensive challenges. They now run many of the boardgame competitions at the UK Games Expo as well as their own separate events.

This year they will be hosting two of their own events; the MSO Grand Prix (online event) and the Mind Sports Olympiad 2022 (in-person event). Full details of both events can be found by clicking here.

The online MSO Grand Prix will be held between Friday 15th April and Sunday 29th May, while the in-person Mind Sports Olympiad 2022 will run from Sunday 21st August to Monday 29th August. Both competitions are international events meaning that boardgamers from all around the world are very welcome, and encouraged to join the fun. But if travelling to London in August isn't up your street, hopefully the online event will be considering the vast selection of games due to be played:

Having taken part in several of their tournaments previously I can vouch for their standards and professionalism, and am already looking forward to seeing how things go with their Carcassonne and Carcassonne + expansions events, as well as a number of other games... :(y)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5722.0

Offline Doom_Shark

• Vassal
  • Merit: 3
  • I swear I have a life...just not right now
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Sports Olympiad 2022 - Dates and Grand Prix
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 07:09:39 AM »
Having taken part in several of their tournaments previously I can vouch for their standards and professionalism, and am already looking forward to seeing how things go with their Carcassonne and Carcassonne + expansions events, as well as a number of other games... :(y)

I can't help but notice that the carcassonne event is two-player, but the carcassonne expansions event is multiplayer

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Ode to Carcassonne from Gamer's Mind

Started by evmillan

4 Replies
Last post July 28, 2013, 03:12:26 AM
by kettlefish
xx
UK Carcassonne Championship 2022 - NEC, Birmingham 05/06/2022

Started by wallaceprime

21 Replies
Last post June 20, 2022, 04:06:23 AM