Author Topic: CundCo won't answer  (Read 3487 times)

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: CundCo won't answer
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2021, 05:00:44 PM »
I should count my blessings. After some initial hiccups in the early part of this year, I have received three parcels from them this year, and they tend to be satisfactorily responsive to my emails. -  :pink-meeple:

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2021, 12:48:56 AM »
To necro an old post, CundCo messed up my order, asked me for a clarification, and then promptly has not done anything with my response.

I placed an order the morning of November 29, within an hour of the Spiel '21 tile becoming available. Two weeks later, I received an email stating that they couldn't find my address and didn't know what figure I had requested with the order. For the record, of course they had my address since it was required to calculate shipping, and both that and the figure that I ordered (a pink abbot) were clearly visible on the receipt that I received from them for my order. The customer service person (Simone) had cancelled my order (twice for some reason) and placed the exact same order, erasing the clarifications that were on the original. So what I suspect is that this person accidentally deleting my order, but somehow knew the line-level entries in it so was able to redo it, but then they realized that I had ordered a replacement figure and that my address was now missing, so they cancelled that order too and reopened a new "open" order so that they could insert the missing information. So I don't know what is happening at CundCo, but somebody clearly doesn't know how their systems work.

In any case, I replied with the clarifications within two hours and that is where my order now sits on the website: Order status: "Clarification needed". I never received a reply from Simone thanking me for providing the information and I don't have a clue if it's been shipped, is still waiting for someone to fulfil, or if it is stuck in some other place in the processing order. It's very frustrating.

The hopeful news for me is that the Spiel '21 tile is still listed as a part of the order, but I know others have been deprived a Spiel tile when their order got screwed up so I *really* hope that doesn't happen to me. 75% of the reason I place an order this time of year for this many things is to qualify for that tile, so not getting it would be a slap in the face and I would not let the matter drop quietly. I have collected every single Spiel tile faithfully since 2014, sometimes buying many more things than I wanted or intended, so I am hoping for a Yuletide miracle that this package arrives with the tile included whenever it gets here.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2021, 01:06:58 AM »
Did you try to call them on the phone? I had an order dangling there for months (replacement boxes for the two defective 20th Anniversary Edition I got from them + one spare tile they kept sending mistakenly after months). After not much feedback for months and multiple email exchanges (with corrections), I got a confirmation email from Simone saying they were shipping the replacement box and yadda yadda yadda)... This happened while getting back home, so I called Cundco directly right on the spot and asked for Simone (not suprised when the guy picking up the phone didn't understand me when I said "May I speak to Simone, please?" but I finally got through). So finally, I told her I was expecting two boxes... Issue: They only had one left, so I accepted a full box and a lid... Better that being waiting again for months... 

So if possible, I would recommend to call her directly and try to make things straight... As least you would get her attention and try to solve the issue and verify your Spiel '21 tile is in included the order. They should have some around... If I'm not wrong, they were giving away some of them during the Twitch event (hope I got this right :o).

Here is their phone number just in case: +49 89 36004297

Best of lucks!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 01:11:41 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2021, 08:00:38 AM »
Good luck Whaleyland, I hope your order is not too disrupted.

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
  • Merit: 34
  • Fight, Flight, Freeze ..... or Play :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2021, 09:59:41 AM »
Hi Whaleyard, since yesterday the CundCo shop is more or less on holidays until 6th of January, meaning they start again on 10th.
So don't be too discouraged if during this time you will not be able to get hold of anybody...  :(
But unfortunately I had problems, too, lately during the advent sale. For 2 different problems we have written but never got any reply...
It's really a strange way of behaving with customers...
Meepledrone's advice to try to get them on the phone is a very good idea. I called some time ago for another problem but nobody answered and I did not leave a message and then 1 hour later I had a call back from somebody - and I even think it was Moritz - but I did not realize at the time...  :)
Good Luck!

Offline PurpleMeeple

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
  • CII Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2021, 10:35:09 AM »
I have an outstanding Cundco issue of being overcharged by around €12 on postage for an order that included the new mini-expansion prior to them fixing it’s postage cost.. also during the recent advent sale.

They responded to my email on the day saying that the issue had been resolved and I could place the order again.  I replied asking if my original order would be cancelled and got a response later (after the ‘21 tile sold out, maybe even day or so later) to say that my order had been shipped.  The overcharge for shipping was not addressed so I need to get in touch with them after the break too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM
:violet-meeple:

It's all fun and games.. until you add The Tower expansion! ;-)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2021, 04:22:06 PM »
There was something wrong with the configuration of the shipping costs for the Signposts... I call them and they corrected it on the fly, but all the previous orders kept the configuration order, including mine.

So in my case, the shipping costs were those for a box as if full of stuff, but it actually contained only few items that could have fitted in an envelope most likely. The box was full of paper to keep the few mini expansions at the bottom of the box. :o

All in all, even if the shipping costs were an overkill like in my case, these are the ones corresponding to the shipping method used, unnecessary in most cases I may assume. So I don't think CundCo will return any money for this... They actually spent it even if it wasn't the most suitable shipping method for a bunch of orders... :-\

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
  • Merit: 34
  • Fight, Flight, Freeze ..... or Play :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2021, 10:46:49 PM »
]

This is exactly what happened to me, too.
I was also concerned with the wrong shipping costs (so this concerned not only international but all customers since I am in Germany, even in Munich ;)).
I paid for a parcel something which could have fitted into an envelope and which was sent by an envelope!. So, obviously, upon reception, I checked and yes, it was send as parcel so, like Meepledrone, I could not insist with CundCo for a return because they actually paid the money. And in addition there was tracking on the parcel so I knew when it was going to arrive :)
But still, its not ok that they never replied to my email!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 11:16:35 PM by Decar, Reason: there is no need to quote the entirety of the previous post. »

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
CundCo won't answer
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2021, 10:50:22 PM »
Wow, then I was a lucky guy… These things are very sad…

I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline PurpleMeeple

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
  • CII Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2021, 11:34:37 PM »
There was something wrong with the configuration of the shipping costs for the Signposts... I call them and they corrected it on the fly, but all the previous orders kept the configuration order, including mine.

So in my case, the shipping costs were those for a box as if full of stuff, but it actually contained only few items that could have fitted in an envelope most likely. The box was full of paper to keep the few mini expansions at the bottom of the box. :o

All in all, even if the shipping costs were an overkill like in my case, these are the ones corresponding to the shipping method used, unnecessary in most cases I may assume. So I don't think CundCo will return any money for this... They actually spent it even if it wasn't the most suitable shipping method for a bunch of orders... :-\
I get what you are saying, and yes mine also arrived unnecessarily in a box full of paper, however the fault was their’s and they were made aware of the issue before they shipped the boxes.

They even suggested I redo the order after they fixed the website, without any information on what would happen to the original order (it seems I’d have just got charged for both, given that they shipped it anyway)

I don’t feel a credit note is too much to ask under the circumstances.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2021, 11:55:28 PM »
I'm locking this topic. Sometimes Cundco answers sometimes rhey didn't.  Sometimes you order international packet shipping, sometimes you don't. Carcassonne Central is in no way affiliated with HiG or Cundco, so we're not going to be able to do anything about it.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Craziest game I ever played (and won!)

Started by CraftyRaf

3 Replies
Last post November 28, 2021, 09:31:18 AM
by CraftyRaf
xx
The first game won by a little nerd

Started by quevy

2 Replies
Last post March 06, 2016, 12:10:41 AM