Author Topic: Abbey And Mayor (New Edition) - Wagon questions  (Read 9358 times)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
Re: Abbey And Mayor (New Edition) - Wagon questions
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 01:41:24 AM »
My German is very poor but I believe it is quite clear from this webpage:
http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/carcassonne/erweiterungen/abtei-und-buergermeister/
(FAQ tab at the bottom)

Wohin darf der Wagen?/ Was ist ein angrenzendes Gebiet?
Der Wagen darf in ein angrenzendes Gebiet.
Ein angrenzendes Gebiet ist ein Gebiet (Straße, Stadt, Kloster) welches visuell an ein anderes Gebiet angrenzt.
Dies beinhaltet unter anderem Straßen, die Stadtmauern berühren,
Brücken, die andere Gebiete überlagern und
Städte, deren Stadtmauern sich berühren.

"Straße, Stadt, Kloster" would mean ONLY road, city or monastery. Let me know if I am missing something.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 02:04:26 AM »
Aha! Missed that part.

The new rulebook, again Swedish, clearly states yes:

After the feature the wagon is on is completed, it can move to an unfinished feature on the same tile or any of the 8 tiles surrounding it.

I'm trying to attach an image but it's too big, even if scaled to ridiculous size.

Thanks Paul. Indeed it is very clear.
"ledigt element (väg, stad, eller kloster/abbedi)" It says that an unoccupied feature can only be a road, city or monastery/abbey. Fields are therefore excluded, as well as other features (tower base, magic portal, etc.)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 02:14:17 AM »
But, it says 'element' then lists some elements in brackets as an example, not a definitive list.  This would mean Wagons cannot move onto Monasteries when playing with that expansion.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 02:27:42 AM »
But, it says 'element' then lists some elements in brackets as an example, not a definitive list.  This would mean Wagons cannot move onto Monasteries when playing with that expansion.

It is not a list of examples, it is a definitive list on where it can be moved. Hence any other location is prohibited as Jéré mentioned.
  That being said it should be able to move to these mini expansions and promos that are not mentioned, for the rules only implies the larger expansions so far.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 02:30:44 AM by Paul »
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 02:47:18 AM »
Then the list should not have been included in brackets. Brackets are used to include information that is not essential to the main point.  But in this case it is!

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 03:58:04 AM »
I don't understand it. If you draw a tile with a magic portal on it, can a wagon be placed from your supply onto that magic portal?

If yes, then the wagon should be able to be placed on a magic portal after moving too.

If no, then the wagon shouldn't be able to be placed onto a magic portal after moving either.

That's just common sense, isn't it?

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 04:28:20 AM »
I don't understand it. If you draw a tile with a magic portal on it, can a wagon be placed from your supply onto that magic portal?

If yes, then the wagon should be able to be placed on a magic portal after moving too.

If no, then the wagon shouldn't be able to be placed onto a magic portal after moving either.

That's just common sense, isn't it?

I certainly can understand the confusion.

But, the portal is only used when placing the tile with the portal, hence the allowance of use a wagon from the stash, not when the wagon completes a feature.

This is not written clearly, but if you read all the rules and footnotes in CAR 7.4 you get the whole picture when bits and pieces states it's only used when placing the tile with the portal and that it is considered a claimed feature after the that turn. As scoring is done last, you can't move the wagon afterwards to the portal.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2017, 11:56:01 AM »
I'm not sure a footnote from the v1CAR is going to be valid though, we've already determined that v2 is required.  The published rules have been rewritten and will have to be re-verified for CARv2.

Offline flipshot

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
  • Is it time to play or sleep?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 11:17:08 AM »
I had a couple of clarifications for the new Wagons, which I could not decipher from the German rules:

Now the Wagon is able to move to any available feature in an adjacent tile, Can the Wagon:
  • move into magic portals and teleport to an empty feature?
  • move into flyer mounds and use the flyer die to move?

My personal feeling is that Magic Portals and Flyer Mounds are "completed" during the turn in which they are played, therefore the wagon is not able to use them when moving from a "completed" feature to a new feature, since it can only move to "uncompleted" features, but the rules definitely are not clear on this. It all depends on if HIG rules that magic portals are already "completed" or not. If not, then you could definitely do what you suggest. If yes, then you can't.

Offline Yashin-n

• Vassal
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2017, 06:42:49 AM »
Magic portal can't be completed or uncompleted. It is only the unusual way of deploying a meeple when the tile is puting down: meeple may be deployed on this tile or on uncompleted feature on other tiles. So in a turn we put down a tile with magic portal, deploy a follower (on this tile  or not) and  (at this point) the portal have already been played (portal  is no longer on the tile). Then other action will be done but portal has allready disappeared.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 06:44:28 AM by Yashin-n »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Abbey And Mayor - New Edition

Started by Decar

18 Replies
Last post May 07, 2017, 12:31:44 PM
by Decar
xx
WTB Pink and Purple Mayor, Wagon, Barn, and Messenger Meeples

Started by nickbuol

5 Replies
Last post May 31, 2015, 07:20:07 AM