Author Topic: Misprints or strange expansions  (Read 1064 times)

Offline The-Edge

• Duke
  • Merit: 35
    • View Profile
Misprints or strange expansions
« on: October 07, 2021, 02:18:24 PM »
Hey guys, Willem told me that the German tin box with baumeister und Händler has a misprint. If he didn't told me.  I would never know about it. Thanks you Willem for lettingmeknow this. 
Now i was wondering, are there more misprints or strange things with some boxes or expansions?

I bought this spielbox windroses at nostheide
Sealed, but only one tile is on the right place and i can't move the tiles because it is sealed. 

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5492.0
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 02:50:19 PM by The-Edge »
To meeple or not to meeple, that's the question

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Re: Misprints or strange expansions
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 02:25:51 PM »
This happend. When in production goes things wrong and tiles sealed become punched out. So somebody put it back without place it to correct place and seal it again.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline The-Edge

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 02:45:49 PM »
Maybe there is allready an topic about misprints.
But my curiosity is bigger than i thought.

This is the misprint from the German tin box with baumeister und Händler.
The front and the back has different tokens.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 02:51:35 PM by The-Edge »

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 03:15:19 PM »
It can happen that 1 print of something has an error, resulting in images nnot being centered, or even prints on the wrong side like what Decar had here

There's the Gingerbread man expansion, that had a print run with a misprint.
It had 2 of the same tiles in there. Cundco even forgot to update the English page for it when they had new stock in a while back, leading to a lot of people ordering the missing tile as well, only to find out that the expansion was the corrected version.

Some things are not even really misprints, as they are never corrected (like the tile with 2 watermarks in B,C&B), or sometimes a misprinted batch is used as a special novelty item to avoid having to chuck them (I'm still convinced that it the story behind the Nicolaus Scoretrack.

Maybe the first print run of Hills&Sheep count? As it had a tile without watermark which later got corrected.

Otherwise, there might be interesting one-off misprints over the year, but not many that cover an entire print run/edition, like the Tin box
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline The-Edge

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 11:04:07 AM »
Thank you forure response Willem,
I did notice the sheep and hill without the symbol. I even bought another one because i was thinking that it wasnt a good tile with the rest of my expansion.
And yes i hear about the misprinted Gingerbread man expansion and took an extra lebd or lebc tile. I dont know wich one it was.

It can happen that 1 print of something has an error, resulting in images nnot being centered, or even prints on the wrong side like what Decar had here

There's the Gingerbread man expansion, that had a print run with a misprint.
It had 2 of the same tiles in there. Cundco even forgot to update the English page for it when they had new stock in a while back, leading to a lot of people ordering the missing tile as well, only to find out that the expansion was the corrected version.

Some things are not even really misprints, as they are never corrected (like the tile with 2 watermarks in B,C&B), or sometimes a misprinted batch is used as a special novelty item to avoid having to chuck them (I'm still convinced that it the story behind the Nicolaus Scoretrack.

Maybe the first print run of Hills&Sheep count? As it had a tile without watermark which later got corrected.

Otherwise, there might be interesting one-off misprints over the year, but not many that cover an entire print run/edition, like the Tin box

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
thumbup
9 Strange Uses for Beer

Started by rfielder

10 Replies
Last post June 08, 2015, 12:28:48 PM
by Hounk
xx
A strange brand of completionism

Started by CKorfmann

6 Replies
Last post January 28, 2017, 02:27:02 PM