Carc Central Community > JCloisterZone FAQ, Suggestions & Bug Reports

Carcassonne as a Spectator Sport

(1/6) > >>

rfielder:
I have been experimenting a bit with JCloisterZone, and found that you can view the game even if you are not playing!

If you connect to whomever is hosting the game, but do not select a player, you will be able to watch the game as it happens.

Once the game starts, it seems that the only thing you can effect is your local application.  You can close your link to the game, but this does not effect the game or anyone else viewing the game.  Once you have closed the link to the game, you can not reconnect.

The only interaction you can have with the game is with the chat function.  I have not tested this.  My preference is that the chat would be enabled only for game players, not spectators, but I don't know if that is how the application works.

This opens a couple of possibilities.  For one, we can treat this League games as spectator sports, and watch the game unfold.

For another, if anyone has the software to record the game, they can link in and create the recording without disturbing the game.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=826.0

Paul:
 :(y)

Now I am more motivated to actually open up that port so I can join in.

:meeple:

MrNumbers:
Imagine: the final game in the League is viewed by many-many people, like it is ice hockey world cup final between Russia and Canada :D

rfielder:

--- Quote from: MrNumbers on June 09, 2014, 11:04:00 AM ---Imagine: the final game in the League is viewed by many-many people, like it is ice hockey world cup final between Russia and Canada :D
--- End quote ---
Who will handle the negotiations with the local TV networks?

Who will we get to do the colour commentary?

Does this mean we need to put a time limit on placing tiles and meeples?  Otherwise, some games might be as lively as watching paint dry......

rfielder:

--- Quote from: Yellow on June 09, 2014, 10:53:50 AM ---Now I am more motivated to actually open up that port so I can join in.
--- End quote ---
You don't need to open a port to join, either to watch or play.  Opening a port is only required when you are hosting the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version