Author Topic: Can I place more than one Bridge?  (Read 991 times)

Offline PapaGeek

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • The box needs a highly addictive warning label
    • View Profile
Can I place more than one Bridge?
« on: December 20, 2021, 12:39:11 PM »
If you look at the words on the WikiCarPedia page, they basically say only one bridge, but their last example brings up the question of multiple bridges!

WikiCarPedia Quotes:

Just like in the base game, you must place tiles so that its edges match the edges of the tiles already in play. After placing a tile, you may place one bridge, which counts as a road and connects roads over features or meeples on that tile.

You can place a bridge on the tile you just placed, or on a tile touching the tile you just placed. When placing a bridge, you must place both ends in a field, and it must be placed facing either left-to-right or up-to-down (it cannot be placed diagonally across the tile). Once placed, a bridge remains on that tile until the end of the game.

You can place a tile so that a road ends against a field, but you must place a bridge that continues the road on that same turn. You can use multiple bridges in a row along the same road, but each tile can have a maximum of only one bridge on it. Bridges can be placed on tiles with meeples on them.

The first two examples are relatively clear, placing a single tile, then placing a single bridge on either the tile you just placed, or the tile next to it.

The last example is not clear at all!  It does not include a tilted tile that was just placed or an image with arrows on either bridge being placed! Is it an example of “you may place one bridge” from the first paragraph?  Blue places the Monastery which requires placing one bridge over it to follow the words in the last paragraph “You can use multiple bridges in a row along the same road”!
              - or -
Is it showing how the RFRF tile AND the Monastery tile already existed without the bridges on either tile when a player draws the CRRF tile that will allow them to complete the city which cannot be seen above these example tiles. Is it an example of “You can use multiple bridges in a row along the same road” as long as there is only one bridge per tile, or, does the “you may place one bridge” in the first paragraph say that this is illegal?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5622.0
Totally addicted to this game

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
Re: Can I place more than one Bridge?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 02:15:08 PM »
If I remember correctly, you may place multiple bridges on the same turn, but only on the tile you placed and/or the four directly connected tiles  :yellow-meeple:

Offline PapaGeek

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • The box needs a highly addictive warning label
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 02:55:09 PM »
So that means that the last example on the WikiCarPedia page is for Blue placing the Monastery tile and definitely not someone else placing the City tile.

If that is the case, why didn’t they display the movement the way they did in the other examples! Hopefully they can read this and fix the page.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 03:46:07 PM »
The rules indicate you can only place only 1 bridge after placing your tile. It may be placed on the tile just placed or on an tile horizontally or vertically adjacent to it.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 03:26:02 AM »
Really? Only 1 bridge? I have to correct my French order of play  :yellow-meeple:

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 03:56:08 AM »
Yep! Both the German and the English rules indicate the amount using numbers (1 in German, one in English).

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 04:39:08 AM »
It has sanse, You can place brindge on tile you placed, or on adjacent tile to allow place tile with correct "road" edge.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Can a Tower Floor capture more than one meeple?

Started by PapaGeek

3 Replies
Last post May 25, 2022, 11:25:07 AM
by Meepledrone
clip
Can I place a bridge on a halfling

Started by PapaGeek

1 Replies
Last post September 20, 2021, 02:12:10 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Pig's bonus point on "famine" of wheel of fortune (whit more than one farmer)

Started by claudio_ferra

3 Replies
Last post May 21, 2016, 09:25:35 PM
by Whaleyland
xx
Crop circles: is itpossible to add more than one meeple close to another meeple?

Started by carca82

2 Replies
Last post July 31, 2022, 12:56:35 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
When can I place a Tower Floor

Started by PapaGeek

5 Replies
Last post February 21, 2022, 05:04:36 AM
by Meepledrone