Carc Central Community > Online Games and Competitions

JCloisterZone 5.0.0 is under way

<< < (3/5) > >>

Bumsakalaka:
But why not also others
Only neutral figures can be more diffucult to implement with multiple changes in engine.
But I guess that Phantom/Abbot/Big Follower etc can be multiple.
Ok. meybe this can be in some stack of fture changes, currently I have to keep @farin with finishin new version, because I want to start on implementations of Wells and other fan expansions to new engine  :red-meeple: :red-meeple: :red-meeple:

Meepledrone:
But he is considering in the implementation changing the engine to incorporate full-fledged plug-in?

The rework of the GUI is awesome.

Bumsakalaka:
Well this is was my first idea

But maybe with it will need to implement features/capabilitys/logic to engine and by plugin which you will be able to download you put tiles and options to game.
For example when you add Wells - then will be new expansion in selection of tiles, also new optional game mechanics with Wells - which anyway will be applicable for Tile

This will also prevents of conflicts between different plugins and also some of plugins use tiles from original game, like Well in Abbey & Mayor in C1 but not in C2 ;-)

And it allso prevents on online game that some players will play different set of plugins which can made conflicts.

Bumsakalaka:
Let's image to implement all 600 expansions ;-D Ohh..

Meepledrone:
In order to cope with all possible expasnions, it would require some serious reengineering as you have multiple mechanics and elements coexisting on the screen:
* Figures, tokens and tiles in the players' supply
* Placement mechanics for tiles and items in the players' supply
* Mechanics triggered by tiles drawn and/or placed
* Mechanics involving figures on the board
* Mechanics affecting the turn sequence
* Interactions affecting majority in features
* Interactions affecting scoring

You name it. You need to add some hooks for every action to be in place and adding mechanics in a modular way...

The first step would be to reimplement the logic as plugins to test and enable all this modularity at the core. :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version