Carc Central Community > Upcoming Scheduled Games

Keep Calm and Play Carcassonne

(1/3) > >>

danisthirty:
Hello all.

In light of the fact that many of us are socially distancing ourselves at the moment, and consequently cutting back on the kind of social interactions that we normal get through boardgaming, I wanted to float the idea of bringing back our Weekly Online Game (see here for more detail about of what I'm talking about).

The games would be played using JCloisterZone (download from here) which is free and offers a wide variety of expansions. I think it would also be useful to have a live chat/ conference ongoing elsewhere that people can drop in/ out of as they like. There are lots of possibilities here, but I'll share details once a solution has been decided.

The purpose of these games would be threefold:

* For a bit of friendly company and light-hearted banter (without leaving the house) :(y)
* To have some fun in the process :(y)
* To play some Carcassonne! :(y) :(y)I'm looking to schedule a once or twice a week online Carcassonne evening for anyone who wants to participate, or more regularly if necessary. You don't need to be an expert player as these games are all about providing some fun and company for anyone who feels like they could use some... which has got to be pretty much everyone given the current global situation!

I'm hoping this will get a good response, so please post here a) if you're interested and b) what days/ times suit you best for a game. As I say, we don't have to limit ourselves to one slot per week, but lets take a consensus to establish when would be most possible/ useful for most people.

Looking forward to catching up with you! :) :(y)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4562.0

jungleboy:
Merit for you and I'm definitely in! I'm on Portugal/UK time (CET -1) and I'm available pretty much any evening these days!

danisthirty:

--- Quote from: jungleboy on March 23, 2020, 04:32:51 AM ---Merit for you and I'm definitely in! I'm on Portugal/UK time (CET -1) and I'm available pretty much any evening these days!

--- End quote ---

Thanks JB. I'm hoping others will join us too! O0

TheSteveAllen:
Sounds like an excellent idea. When I get a chance from Dragon Dice refereeing duties, I will be joining in.

jungleboy:
Should we try to organise a game for this Wednesday evening European time?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version