Carc Central Community > Leagues (including expansion leagues)

Basegame League - Round 4

(1/6) > >>

danisthirty:
Round 4

The full list of all fixtures for Rounds 1 to 11 (including results from previous rounds) can be found here: http://tournamentscheduler.net/schedule/NzAwODE4MjQzNg (but please don't play any of your opponents from any future rounds yet as we're going to take it one round at a time). :(y)

As you will have noticed, Round 3 was subject to some delays and while I don't want to hurry anyone I do ask that you look to play your games for this round at your earliest convenience so that we might be ready to move on to the next round by the end of next week (Sunday 17th March). Nobody's going to get left behind if we go over this date, but please try not to let this be you anyway!

Good luck to everyone; and when you do get round to playing your match please don't forget to post the results and any screenshots you have here on this post! Thanks C:-)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4225.0

JackFace:
Hi all,

Played my match against LaplazadeCarcassone this evening. Our first attempt disappeared mid-game without either of us being able to save it. It was pretty close so probably no harm done. No harm, that is, apart from the fact that I got utterly thrashed in our re-run of game 1. I was never in it. Outplayed, out-thought, and easily outscored.

Game 2 was a tighter affair, but when my formidable opponent claimed the large incomplete city, I was staring at a 2-0 defeat. However, I did have more meeples left, and a five point incomplete road, eight point city (both top right) and six point field (bottom left) with the final tile somehow got me the win. It didn't feel deserved.

Final score: JackFace 1 - LaplazadeCarcassone 1

LaplazadeCarcassonne:

--- Quote from: JackFace on March 08, 2019, 01:40:52 PM ---Hi all,

Played my match against LaplazadeCarcassone this evening. Our first attempt disappeared mid-game without either of us being able to save it. It was pretty close so probably no harm done. No harm, that is, apart from the fact that I got utterly thrashed in our re-run of game 1. I was never in it. Outplayed, out-thought, and easily outscored.

Game 2 was a tighter affair, but when my formidable opponent claimed the large incomplete city, I was staring at a 2-0 defeat. However, I did have more meeples left, and a five point incomplete road, eight point city (both top right) and six point field (bottom left) with the final tile somehow got me the win. It didn't feel deserved.

Final score: JackFace 1 - LaplazadeCarcassone 1

--- End quote ---

Good games. The second game I saw won. That was the first mistake, and that's probably why I put my last meeple wrong.
The best games are those that, win or lose, improvements in your game. And these games have been like this

Bekse:
Rosco, when would you like to play? I can play tonight, late (22.00) or tomorrow all day.

Bekse:
Rosco, you here?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version