Carc Central Community > World Cup of Carcassonne Central

2017 World Cup - Group A

(1/13) > >>

MrNumbers:
Welcome to the group stage of the 2017 World Cup of Carcassonne Central! This thread is primarily for members of Group A to arrange matches between themselves and post scores, screenshots and the obligatory smack-talk as the group progresses. The top 2 players from this group once everyone in the group has played all 5 of their matches will advance through to the knockout stage.

Here is a list of the group members (including location):

* Adrornalin
* BabyGamer
* Chooselife
* Leven
* MrNumbers
* TheSteveAllen
If you haven’t read them already, please ensure that you are familiar with the tournament rules/ general information and our Code of Conduct. You may also find the JCloisterZone FAQ interesting/ useful if you have any unanswered questions about how JCloisterZone works (or you can just PM me).

Group stage expansions
All games at the group stage should include the following expansions:

* Inns & Cathedrals
* Besiegers
* The Festival
* The Phantom
Good luck! :) :(y)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3648.0

Chooselife:
Good Luck All,

I can play this week during working hours.
Otherwise I'm usually available after 20h30/21h00 GMT.

Adrornalin:
same here, good luck to all, i am available after 20h gmt next tuesday, wednesday and thursday, 5th - 7th dec.

TheSteveAllen:
ChooseLife and I kicked off the group A tournament tonight with a stormer of a match. Had my opponent made it out of IKEA a little earlier, the result could have been a lot different but, owing to his well-known penchant for DIY furniture, I managed to get in a training game before we started, which put me in a good frame of mind for what was to come.

Unfortunately, I am unable to write the in-depth analysis of the game blow by blow as would Jungleboy and Danisthirty, as I still spend my time trying to remember which expansions we are playing, let alone, how clever or indifferent our moves were but, unfortunately, I won, so I guess that it is my duty to report on the game to the masses.

The game itself was one of many interesting battles. The game-changer, as far as I was concerned, was the Cathedral city which was a hard fought battle, upon which I eventually gave up and decided to block in 2 meeples and the big meeple of my opponent. I was subsequently fortunate enough to get enough festival tiles to pull my forces out of the blocked city and use them to overpower on the biggest farm, and to pick up lots of small cities and short roads.

The score was Chooselife  :blue-meeple:  138 v TheSteveAllen  :yellow-meeple: 169

Thanks again to my friend Chooselife for the excellent and very close match, and to MrNumbers for coming up with this very interesting combination of expansions.

I wish you the best of luck Pedro with the rest of your tournament.

Leven:
I'm available on Thursday, Saturdax and Sunday evening, presumably from 9pm CET.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version