Carc Central Community > Online Games and Competitions

Elo ratings

<< < (2/18) > >>

Jéré:
Update: Feb 13th 2017

danisthirty:
Thanks for your tireless efforts keeping these up to date Jéré. :(y)

I have a question though: a friend of mine, lets call him IanisFifty, is obsessed with this game called Barkassonne (it's a bit like Carcassonne but with dogs) and is an admin at www.barkassonnecentral.com where he takes place in the occasional tournament against other members of the community there. Anyway, although he likes to pretend that he's actually pretty good, his Elo rating has been falling steadily over recent competitions and he just wondered what would happen if/ when it reaches 0? Is it possible for it to go below 0? He really wants to know... :'(

Jéré:

--- Quote from: danisthirty on February 13, 2017, 03:46:57 PM ---Thanks for your tireless efforts keeping these up to date Jéré. :(y)

I have a question though: a friend of mine, lets call him IanisFifty, is obsessed with this game called Barkassonne (it's a bit like Carcassonne but with dogs) and is an admin at www.barkassonnecentral.com where he takes place in the occasional tournament against other members of the community there. Anyway, although he likes to pretend that he's actually pretty good, his Elo rating has been falling steadily over recent competitions and he just wondered what would happen if/ when it reaches 0? Is it possible for it to go below 0? He really wants to know... :'(

--- End quote ---

Say that we start again with an Elo rating of 1200 and we play each other like there is no tomorrow and in the process I give you the greatest Carcassonne lesson in the history.... well, after losing 157 games in a row, you'd reach an Elo of 845, and beyond that you wouldn't lose any more points playing against me because the gap would be too great (eg. 1555 vs 845). I wouldn't gain, you wouldn't lose anymore. You'd have to keep losing against other extremely low rated players. The bottom line is that even if you really try to lose, it is quite unlikely to happen, and would take forever...

danisthirty:
Thanks Jéré, I'll let IanisFifty know... :) :(y)

Jéré:
Update: March 1st 2017

(Removed by Jéré, see March 4th update)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version