Carc Central Community > Official Rules

Carcassonne: The Dice Game

(1/4) > >>

danisthirty:
Hi all,

Has anyone here played Carcassonne the Dice Game? I got it for my birthday two days ago and it seems like a great little game, but obviously I want to play it properly and am somewhat confused by what seems like a contradiction in the rules...

(Page 2) "If he rolls 1 or more catapults the player passes those dice immediately to the player to his left (he may not re-roll the catapults nor score points for this roll)."

This makes sense. If you roll a catapult you've basically lost that dice as you have to pass it on to the next player. That's fine. However, this also says that if you roll at least one catapult you can't score points for that roll."

(Page 5) "Second roll: the player immediately passes this second catapult to his left neighbor. With 2 city segment dice, he adds to his city. The player cannot use the knight and chooses to end his turn and score the largest city he built."

Despite rolling a catapult, the player is able to score this roll. To me, this doesn't seem to be in keeping with the rule on page 2.

Any ideas?

(rules can be found here: http://riograndegames.com/getFile.php?id=566‎)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=296.0

kettlefish:
I will compare the English rules with the German rules.

Fritz_Spinne:
German rules:

--- Quote ---Gewürfelte Katapulte gibt der Spieler
sofort an den Spieler links von ihm
weiter. (Sie können weder nochmals
gewürfelt werden, noch können sie
Punkte bringen.)
--- End quote ---

Only the dice with catapult you give to the next player cannot be rerolled nor can they score.

In the English rules it should be: ... nor score points for these dice. Bad translation.

kettlefish:
Thanks Fritz_Spinne,

I was thinking that the translation has some mistakes...

Scott:
If there's more mistakes, I recommend doing our own translation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version