Carc Central Community > Official Rules

Dictionary - World of the Game Carcassonne - German/English

<< < (10/10)

obervet:

--- Quote from: Carcking on December 15, 2014, 06:48:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: kettlefish on December 15, 2014, 12:12:45 PM ---The new Carcassonne II Edition uses as for the regular word  "Gefolsmann"/"follower" in both languages: Meeple

--- End quote ---

This will be a confusing attempt at re-defining the term Meeple.

--- End quote ---

Yep, sure is. And I'm already not impressed by the Carc II rules and their lack of flexibility. For example, the Abbot can be taken back if you don't play a meeple (aka normal follower). For now that's okay because there are no other figures in Carc II. But later (or if you combine with classic Carc expansions), will that apply to all followers? All figures? They've already backed themselves into a narrowly defined corner and the game just came out.

Gerry:

--- Quote from: obervet on December 16, 2014, 01:55:36 PM ---

Yep, sure is. And I'm already not impressed by the Carc II rules and their lack of flexibility. For example, the Abbot can be taken back if you don't play a meeple (aka normal follower). For now that's okay because there are no other figures in Carc II. But later (or if you combine with classic Carc expansions), will that apply to all followers? All figures? They've already backed themselves into a narrowly defined corner and the game just came out.

--- End quote ---

I agree one of the strengths of Carcassonne was that you had to think ahead before deploying a follower as they could get stuck on the board which forced you to manage your supply of followers.

Carcking:

--- Quote from: obervet on December 16, 2014, 01:55:36 PM ---... They've already backed themselves into a narrowly defined corner and the game just came out.

--- End quote ---

With luck this could spell the demise of the hopefully one-off Carc 2 (or Carc .02 as I like to think of it ;) )

obervet:

--- Quote from: Carcking on December 17, 2014, 03:38:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: obervet on December 16, 2014, 01:55:36 PM ---... They've already backed themselves into a narrowly defined corner and the game just came out.

--- End quote ---

With luck this could spell the demise of the hopefully one-off Carc 2 (or Carc .02 as I like to think of it ;) )

--- End quote ---

Or if C II sells well and HiG makes more expansions, it'll just take another whole CAR to deal with the errata and clarifications...    :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version