Author Topic: Pandemic Season 0  (Read 3542 times)

Offline Snowmax

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Pandemic Season 0
« on: July 08, 2020, 10:44:42 AM »
Anyone else excited for the third (prequel!) Pandemic Legacy Game season 0?

We loved the first two so are looking forward to this whenever it comes!

[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4719.0

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
Re: Pandemic Season 0
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 01:19:26 PM »
Anyone else excited for the third (prequel!) Pandemic Legacy Game season 0?

We loved the first two so are looking forward to this whenever it comes!

[/IMG]

I’m excited, but I really hope that it will actually be a sequel/prequel that brings Season 2 back to the beginning of Season 1 in some creative way.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 02:27:00 PM by Decar »

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 02:26:09 PM »
Well it's bound to be good!

I've never actually played classic Pandemic  :-[ :-[ :-[  In fact I've got it somewhere here, but not unpacked it!

I'm not sure I could hack the legacy aspect, tearing up all those cards and components, and sticking things on the board.  I'm sure it's good, but not sure I could do what it said without cheating, or making it temporary.

Offline Snowmax

• Labourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 03:03:03 PM »
Well it's bound to be good!

I've never actually played classic Pandemic  :-[ :-[ :-[  In fact I've got it somewhere here, but not unpacked it!

I'm not sure I could hack the legacy aspect, tearing up all those cards and components, and sticking things on the board.  I'm sure it's good, but not sure I could do what it said without cheating, or making it temporary.
Yes it’s a very strange concept to rip up cards and write on the board etc. From memory I think season 1 would be easier to make the changes temporary but season 2 would be almost impossible.

Both are good but season 1 definitely better in my opinion!

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 04:35:46 AM »
I disagree entirely. Season 1 was just Pandemic with some random changes while Season 2 is a very different game with an interesting plot with real twists in it, especially if you played Season 1 first. That’s why I hope Season 0 is a sequel/prequel: the symbol on the boxes is a clock and clocks go round and round. It would make sense if the game is actually depicting a cycle.

Regarding destroying things, we were able to almost completely reset Season 1 after we finished by restoring all the “destroyed” cards and stuffing all the additional components away. All of the stickers came off easily without leaving tears or residue, although they aren’t reusable. It now functions as our normal Pandemic game if people ever come over and want to play.

Offline Snowmax

• Labourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 06:14:14 AM »
I disagree entirely. Season 1 was just Pandemic with some random changes while Season 2 is a very different game with an interesting plot with real twists in it, especially if you played Season 1 first. That’s why I hope Season 0 is a sequel/prequel: the symbol on the boxes is a clock and clocks go round and round. It would make sense if the game is actually depicting a cycle.

Regarding destroying things, we were able to almost completely reset Season 1 after we finished by restoring all the “destroyed” cards and stuffing all the additional components away. All of the stickers came off easily without leaving tears or residue, although they aren’t reusable. It now functions as our normal Pandemic game if people ever come over and want to play.
You’re right actually there about how season one is basically the original fame with additions whereas season feels like a completely different game. I loved Season 2 as well. The plot, gameplay diversity and plot twist were better but I loved the first one because I was more surprised by being led or tricked by the game (attempting to be spoiler free ish!!). In the second one I guess I was expecting a plot twist and was therefore less surprised by it?

I also hope the plot of season 0 links well with the other two. I assume it will do from what I’ve read that it is supposed to complete a trilogy?  A cyclical triology would be an interesting concept too!!

Maybe it will be covert/ spy based? Perhaps the story will be about the original pandemic and coverups? 

Offline Snowmax

• Labourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 02:19:04 PM »
Anyone playing this yet? Just got our copy and about to start January!

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 10:22:55 AM »
I am hoping to pick this up from our local game store today!  My wife is really excited. 

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2020, 04:11:50 AM »
Good luck!

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 09:18:45 AM »
We are about to start June.  My wife loves this, but I don't like it as much as Season 2.  I think my biggest gripes without getting spoilery is that the board doesn't change like it does in Season 2 AND curing a disease is much more fulfilling than building a van.  This also seems super easy as we haven't lost yet. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Pandemic Season 1 vs Season 2 (spoiler free)

Started by dirk2112

0 Replies
Last post March 22, 2018, 06:32:05 AM
by dirk2112
xx
Pandemic Legacy - Spoiler Free

Started by dirk2112

11 Replies
Last post December 01, 2017, 06:03:42 AM
by dirk2112
xx
Games played during the pandemic Dominion (and others)

Started by Decar

3 Replies
Last post May 22, 2020, 07:43:34 AM
by flipshot
xx
Change of season

Started by loki

0 Replies
Last post June 19, 2015, 02:21:43 PM
by loki
xx
Cundco Advent Season Sale 2019