Author Topic: Carcassonne Maps: Ukraine will be sold at Essen and Cundco after that  (Read 7283 times)

Online Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Re: Carcassonne Maps: Ukraine will be sold at Essen and Cundco after that
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2022, 01:02:26 AM »
Member or not. As I can say, a lot of us are members of multiple Carcassonne related forums like CarcC, CarcF.de or CarcCZ (CarcF.cz).

So tell if someone is member of this forum is partly incorrect, because a lot of members want just access to download section  So they has to be registered there, made several posts to get access to download section.

Different is when do you publish own work, own expansion or something else.

I'm active member of all. So sometimes I'm acting as member of CarcC when doing stuff for WiCa sometimes as CarcCZ when doing expansions for this forum with their members.

So just notice... :)

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline maleficmax

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 1
  • Support Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2022, 09:49:32 AM »
I think Chmura is right.  Here is an image posted by Maksym Tkachenko  around one year ago. However,  I don't  know if Maksym is member of the Czech forum, maybe.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/6346426/carcassonne

Hi! Believe me or not, I got here accidentally. It's me you were talking about. I'm Maksym and I am the author of those fan map.
And I am not a member of CZ forum (I actually did not know about it until today).
I can even tell a little story about it, if you want.
Those old map was done completely by me and I did not puiblish it being afraid of some legal stuff. So it exists in only one copy now :D.
And later ruzzia invaded us and HiG decided to do their own Ukraine map. They were consulting with our Ukrainian publisher Feelindigo about it and so it happened that I knew him very well. And he knew about my map and asked me about my thougths about HiG's map prototype. And it was not good XD. Some parts of Ukraine were even just... not there. As far as I understand either after my feedback or after some internal decisions (I really don't know about it but of course hope it was me who influenced those decisions) map changed A LOT and it does look very similiar to mine now. Then there were another ukrainian Carcassonne fan with nickname T1 who suggested to add thematic mechanics to the map and here they are.
HiG was very kind to send me a copy of the map but I was not yet able to play it because I am in Poland as a refugee for (oh my god) almost 10 months now.
Today I knew that HiG and Feelindigo managed to collect 28000 EUR to Ukrainian charity foundation "Come Back Alive" that really does a lot to help us hold our ground. It's not that much but every penny matters!
Thank you all who took their part in this. You can do more, just ask internet about it ;)
I hope you are all enjoying the map and have a great holidays!

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2022, 10:04:22 AM »
Hi Maksym!

Amazing to see you here!

And thank you for sharing your story with us. It's always great to learn something about the origin and development of the new products.

Very coincidentally, Feelindigo shared some news about the map and the tiles today as well (found here: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid08bdFT2SQG12o1Lf89oyF4HF7kWdVgiP67dmm6LydVLTURdLch1wy9vsVHn6iK9XRl&id=100063672935705&sfnsn=scwspmo)
They've now also got some maps and tiles from HiG and have distributed them to some partnering shops.

It's good to see and hear that there was influence for the new map from you, and great to see a fan-map influence the final product from HiG!
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Linkarssonne (Linksux)

• Duke
  • Merit: 42
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2022, 11:55:05 AM »
I think Chmura is right.  Here is an image posted by Maksym Tkachenko  around one year ago. However,  I don't  know if Maksym is member of the Czech forum, maybe.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/6346426/carcassonne

Hi! Believe me or not, I got here accidentally. It's me you were talking about. I'm Maksym and I am the author of those fan map.
And I am not a member of CZ forum (I actually did not know about it until today).
I can even tell a little story about it, if you want.
Those old map was done completely by me and I did not puiblish it being afraid of some legal stuff. So it exists in only one copy now :D.
And later ruzzia invaded us and HiG decided to do their own Ukraine map. They were consulting with our Ukrainian publisher Feelindigo about it and so it happened that I knew him very well. And he knew about my map and asked me about my thougths about HiG's map prototype. And it was not good XD. Some parts of Ukraine were even just... not there. As far as I understand either after my feedback or after some internal decisions (I really don't know about it but of course hope it was me who influenced those decisions) map changed A LOT and it does look very similiar to mine now. Then there were another ukrainian Carcassonne fan with nickname T1 who suggested to add thematic mechanics to the map and here they are.
HiG was very kind to send me a copy of the map but I was not yet able to play it because I am in Poland as a refugee for (oh my god) almost 10 months now.
Today I knew that HiG and Feelindigo managed to collect 28000 EUR to Ukrainian charity foundation "Come Back Alive" that really does a lot to help us hold our ground. It's not that much but every penny matters!
Thank you all who took their part in this. You can do more, just ask internet about it ;)
I hope you are all enjoying the map and have a great holidays!
Hello,

Thanks for sharing your story, that’s amazing, I really love thoses expansions !

Maybe we should add this story to the wikicarpedia!?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
New Mini and Ukraine Promo tile announced for Essen and subsequent Cundco

Started by Willem

58 Replies
Last post January 26, 2023, 08:15:14 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
WTS: Cult, Siege & Creativity (New) and The Plague (in Shrink) (CSC is Sold)

Started by egamar

3 Replies
Last post August 02, 2022, 02:37:28 AM
by unclewill
xx
Getting a response from Cundco after DHL lost my package

Started by cgschwarz7

3 Replies
Last post January 22, 2020, 09:20:07 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
WTS Carcassonne Müller Exklusiv-Edition (Sold)

Started by egamar

16 Replies
Last post August 07, 2022, 07:28:02 PM
by runetri250
xx
SOLD TO A MUSEUM

Started by Halfling

0 Replies
Last post January 26, 2022, 02:40:24 AM
by Halfling