Carc Central Community > Community Rules (Meepledrone & Friends)

Markets of Leipzig - Crossroads with trees

(1/7) > >>

Meepledrone:
ML02. When sending a meeple to Leipzig, a meeple has to be on a road connected to Leipzig via villages. If any crossroads is occupied by trees instead, the connection is not possible and the meeple will not be allowed to be sent to Leipzig.

Example: The meeple on the road connected to Leipzig via a crossroads with trees cannot be sent to Leipzig.

Current understanding:
* The rules require villages so trees or any other feature (monasteries, castles, crop circles, the Bogatyr stone, bazaars, festival fairs…) on a crossroads will not be allowed.

Proposals:
* Comunity Rule clarifying this case

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5601.0

wolnic:
What about the two tiles in Hills and Sheep that feature a couple of buildings splitting the road? Could be regarded as a hamlet, rather than a village.

If we're being pedantic a 3-way junction is not a "crossroads" ...  ;)

Bumsakalaka:
I don't like this.original rules. Count of villages on whole Carc is very small. Power of this mini is then very small. :(
I preffer Variant that meeple can go to Leipzig if multiple wagon moves by C1 rules allow that.
Like from road to road (over tower), road to monastery then monastery to road (RR tile with monastery on center of tile), road to city and city to road.
This is called advanced variant.

Basic variant is only road-road. So if two roads are connected by any of list, meeple can go to Leipzig.
1. Village
2. Monastery
3. Trees on junction
4. Tower foundation
5. Acrobats place
6. Circus space
7. Bazaar
8. Fruit tree
9. Watchtower
10. German Cathedral
11. Small house on road

Anyway. Junction has to be allowed. Those roads are connected.
Also road road with small house divided road to two.

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Meepledrone:

--- Quote from: wolnic on December 11, 2021, 01:39:33 PM ---What about the two tiles in Hills and Sheep that feature a couple of buildings splitting the road? Could be regarded as a hamlet, rather than a village.

If we're being pedantic a 3-way junction is not a "crossroads" ...  ;)

--- End quote ---

Above I was using the term "crossroads" somewhat loosely. I maybe should have called it junction with trees.

The Toolkeepers provides a very precise definition of what a crossroads is supposed to be for the game (these would be the only junctions connecting roads allowed to place a tollhouse on and to send a meeple to Leipzig as per the rules too):
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Tollkeepers#2._Placing_a_meeple

--- Quote ---You may only place your tollhouse on top of crossroads. A crossroad is a village with 2-4 roads. A city or monastery with two or more roads doesn't count as a crossroad.

--- End quote ---

C1 versions of 3-road and 4-road crossroads:

So the key element is a village ending 2 to 4 roads. The base game only includes crossroads with 3 or 4 roads.

As you mention, Exp. 9 also features two roads ending at a "cottage" (or a "hamlet" as you called it) which is neither a full-blown village nor the usual standalone yellow-roofed farmhouse (C2 can be more confusing for its larger illustration but C1 shows a tiny cottage)

...or a cottage ending a road as well (a similar example can also be found in Exp. 5):

Is this C1 cottage promoted to a hamlet in C2? (Note: I used the term "road cottage" in the Tile Reference to address these features, different from the C1 standalone "farm cottage" and the C2 yellow-roofed farmhouse)

In this case, like some other the C1 version of the tiles makes the distinction clearer to my eyes.

Meepledrone:

--- Quote from: Bumsakalaka on December 11, 2021, 03:03:55 PM ---I don't like this.original rules. Count of villages on whole Carc is very small. Power of this mini is then very small. :(
I preffer Variant that meeple can go to Leipzig if multiple wagon moves by C1 rules allow that.
Like from road to road (over tower), road to monastery then monastery to road (RR tile with monastery on center of tile), road to city and city to road.
This is called advanced variant.

Basic variant is only road-road. So if two roads are connected by any of list, meeple can go to Leipzig.
1. Village
2. Monastery
3. Trees on junction
4. Tower foundation
5. Acrobats place
6. Circus space
7. Bazaar
8. Fruit tree
9. Watchtower
10. German Cathedral
11. Small house on road

Anyway. Junction has to be allowed. Those roads are connected.
Also road road with small house divided road to two.

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

--- End quote ---

This would defeat the intent of the rules for the wagon and Markets of Leipzig if you open this much the range of features allowed. HiG was discarding roads connected to any feature that could be claimed and scored or would trigger an action... until they broke their own rules with the addition of tollhouses (an edge case).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version