Carc Central Community > Official Rules

Castle Scoring

(1/3) > >>

PapaGeek:
One of the rules that apply to castles on the WikiCarPedia page for Bridges, Castles and Bazaars is:

Two or more incomplete castles may be standing next to each other. If one of them scores points, it will be considered as a completed feature for the adjacent castles. All the castle owners receive the same number of points.

Footnote 18 example

This is the image that follows that rule, modified so that tile 1 is now an inverted tile 3!

The Wiki example talks about the scoring when Red places the tile on the right that completes the city.  My question deals with the blue numbers on the left side of the image.

If, before red places his tile, blue places a tile in square 4 that completes a castle to the left of Red’s Castle: as I understand the rule, the new blue castle is not considered a completed feature so Red’s castle remains on the board.

The Wiki illustration for footnote 18 uses a second castle that exists between tile 2 and 3, so tile 6 is part of both castles scoring fields.  In my example Blue’s tile 6 does not touch the city that is being completed, but it does touch Red’s castle that will score points when the city is completed.

So, when Red completes Blue’s city, which completes Red’s Castle, Red and Blue will each get 16 points. But, does the completion of Red’s castle also give Blue an additional 16 points for his castle?

And if that is true, does Red get 16 points while blue gets 32 points or do they both get 16 points or do they both get 32 points???

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5664.0

corinthiens13:

--- Quote ---If, before red places his tile, blue places a tile in square 4 that completes a castle to the left of Red’s Castle: as I understand the rule, the new blue castle is not considered a completed feature so Red’s castle remains on the board.
--- End quote ---

Could you post an illustration of the situation? I'm not sure to understand how you imagine it  ???

Decar:
Hmm I'm not sure what you mean by complete a castle. Castles don't complete.  They score points in when something completes in their 6 tile area.

PapaGeek:

--- Quote from: corinthiens13 on January 13, 2022, 02:58:13 AM ---
--- Quote ---If, before red places his tile, blue places a tile in square 4 that completes a castle to the left of Red’s Castle: as I understand the rule, the new blue castle is not considered a completed feature so Red’s castle remains on the board.
--- End quote ---

Could you post an illustration of the situation? I'm not sure to understand how you imagine it  ???

--- End quote ---

Blue's city is now worth 16 points, it is a neighboring feature to Red's Castle so Red's castle will now be worth 16 points.  Blue's city is not a neighboring feature of Blue's Castle, but Red's Castle is a neighboring feature. Does Blue score 16 points because Red's Castle is now complete, plus 16 points for Blue's City?

This would not be the case in the footnote illustration because the location of both castles include Blue's city as a neighboring feature!

JT Atomico:
No, you only score for the first thing that scores in the vicinity of your castle, so for Blue that is just the city. The chain reaction does not loop back round again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version