Carc Central Community > News and Events

Meeple Flags will replace scoring tiles

<< < (2/6) > >>

danisthirty:

--- Quote from: corinthiens13 on August 18, 2021, 01:01:19 AM ---This looks nice, and may prevent some errors ("did I already flip my scoring tile?").

--- End quote ---

"Did I already change my flag?" >:D

Meepledrone:
When you open them you get the burnt smell from the laser cut and you have to clean the sot from the edges.

The fit perfectly on Cundco meeples. I tried them on meeples from Meeplesource.com but they have a slightly different profile so they feel a little wobbly.

One thing, last week I played a game outdoors and it was a bit windy. I have to lay the scoring meeples with flags flat as the wind was knocking them down all the time.

In any case, all the players were extremely happy as the go past the 50 space and they got their first flag!  ;)

Meepledrone:

--- Quote from: danisthirty on August 18, 2021, 01:25:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: corinthiens13 on August 18, 2021, 01:01:19 AM ---This looks nice, and may prevent some errors ("did I already flip my scoring tile?").

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Ha ha ha! New options, new issues!  :o

DIN0:
Ah yes I remember these!
I thought these were quite clever solution, but the shipping from US was way too steep for such a small product. If HiG is publishing it officially on Cundco, I am all for it  :(y)
Not sure about the artwork, but the production will certainly be different - more in line with other official Carcassonne products.
I do have few things to note however: 1) there is quite a bit of variation among meeples, so not all are guaranteed to fit; 2) even those which fit perfectly will likely were out with repeated use and become too loose; 3) they do not fit woman followers - this can be solved by simply changing the flag on normal follower every time either of the scoring figures passes 50 points.

kothmann:

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on August 18, 2021, 01:30:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: danisthirty on August 18, 2021, 01:25:33 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Ha ha ha! New options, new issues!  :o

--- End quote ---

These look like a lot of fun.  Thanks for sharing.

I have always loved the scoring track, but only used the scoring tiles once, because the flipping was a hopeless mess for us.

A few years ago, I discovered cheap vintage French coins on eBay.  Search “French coins lot” and there are tons of options.  My favorites are the aluminum WWII era coins, like these.  Each coin is worth 50 points.  The coins fit perfectly into a small empty spice jar.  To help us remember to take a coin, we have a slightly bizarre ritual in which the player who earns a coin declares, “Smell my points,” and we all take a whiff of the open spice jar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version