Carc Central Community > Official Rules

WikiCarpedia: Official Updates

<< < (2/28) > >>

Meepledrone:

--- Quote from: cidervampire on November 03, 2018, 02:21:28 PM ---Spotted an obscure expansion missing on the list, the winter scoreboard for 2nd edition!

--- End quote ---

We've been discussing for weeks how to deal with this jewel. We'll keep you posted when we reach a conclusion  ;)

Thanks for the heads-up.

Meepledrone:
Hi all,

I wanted to share with you one of the features you'll find at Wikicarpedia (http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/) and that we hope that will help you survive in the Carcassonne world so full of expansions: the Game Reference (http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Game_Reference).

It allows you to select expansions (fully or partially) from three editions of Carcassonne: the 1st Edition, the new Edition and the Winter Edition. Once you make your pick, the Game Reference sections update automatically so you get an adapted Carcassone Reference Guide to meet your needs. The Game Reference includes:

* A Game Reference summary
* A detailed description of the Preparation phase
* A detailed description of the Final Scoring phase
* A detailed description of the Order of Play to be used in several phases during the game: the River Rounds, the normal Game Rounds and the Extra Abbey Round
* A detailed summary of the Scoring During the Game, applicable to the Order of Play rounds
* A detailed summary of the Scoring After the Game, applicable to Final Scoring phase
Besides selecting expansions, you can also find other features such as:

* Filtering out the expansions of a particular Carcassonne edition you may be not interested in.
* Select expansions belonging to a particular Big Box, for example.
* Clearing your selection or selecting all the visible expansions with just one click
* Deciding what edition rules and graphics (if available) you want to see, that is, your preferred edition.
* Highlighting all the rules that belong to other editions than the preferred one.The Game Reference page relies on the Expansion Selector at the very top that is organized in several tabs:

* "Expansions" tabs: The first three tabs from the left allow you to pick expansions in full or partially when possible:

* Tab "Major expansions": lists all official major expansions by HiG.
* Tab "Minor expansions": lists all official minor expansions by HiG and some of their licensed equivalents.
* Tab "Other expansions": lists the rest of licensed expansions as well as some unofficial ones.[/li}

* Tab "Quick Selectors": allows you to choose from a predefined list of available expansions sets.
* Tab "Filters": allows you to choose what Carcassonne editions are displayed and your preferred edition. It also allows you to activate the highlighting feature.
* Tab "?": provides a short user guide.I invite to try it and share your comments. Thank you in advance.

Cheers!

Whaleyland:
I'm not able to get the Game References selection to work. Everything just says "Transmogrifying...". I'm running Safari 12.0.2 (latest edition).

Also, the home page says "First Edition rules" but that isn't accurate. The First edition only refers to the original game and, specifically, the original rules for Farming. I am not sure if you have the original Farming rules anywhere (you definitely should, if not) but I'd use some other term than "First edition" to refer to the older art. Perhaps "First Generation", "Doris Mätthaus Edition", or "Mätthaus Art Edition"

Meepledrone:

--- Quote from: whaleyland on December 15, 2018, 11:49:58 PM ---I'm not able to get the Game References selection to work. Everything just says "Transmogrifying...". I'm running Safari 12.0.2 (latest edition).

--- End quote ---

I'm using Safari 10.1.2 on Mac. This is probably your browser cache that needs to be refreshed. Hold Shift while clicking Reload, or press either Ctrl-F5 or Ctrl-R (⌘-R on a Mac). Let me know if this woks for you.

--- Quote from: whaleyland on December 15, 2018, 11:49:58 PM ---Also, the home page says "First Edition rules" but that isn't accurate. The First edition only refers to the original game and, specifically, the original rules for Farming. I am not sure if you have the original Farming rules anywhere (you definitely should, if not) but I'd use some other term than "First edition" to refer to the older art. Perhaps "First Generation", "Doris Mätthaus Edition", or "Mätthaus Art Edition"

--- End quote ---

Good point! In the Carcassonne world, as you mentioned, the word "edition" has multiple meanings depending on the context:

* 1st Edition, 2nd Edition and 3rd Edition refer to the different versions of scoring rules for two-tile cities and farms.
* New Edition refers to new-artwork Carcassonne, New Carcassonne, Carcassonne 2.0, Carcassonne II, or CII for shortThis leaves a gap regarding how to refer to Carcassonne I, so to speak. We tried to avoid the term "Old Edition", in contrast to "New Edition", as we assumed that HiG could surprise us with a "New New Edition" some day. So we opted to refer to Carcassonne I as "First Edition", so the current "New Edition" could become "Second Edition" eventually, and so on and so forth.

For the same reasons, we avoided talking about "old artwork" and "new artwork", so we never have to face an "old new artwork" situation.

So this is the rationale behind the naming convention. In any case, I shared your remarks with the whole team to open a discussion.

Regarding the three editions of scoring rules, we haven't included them yet, but it will happen soon.

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers!

Meepledrone:

--- Quote from: cidervampire on November 03, 2018, 02:21:28 PM ---Spotted an obscure expansion missing on the list, the winter scoreboard for 2nd edition!

--- End quote ---

Hi cidervampire,

I finally added this variant to the Wikicarpedia Variants page, completing the info and rewording a bit the rules too.

http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Variants

Thank you for your support and help.

Hope you enjoy it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version